First Grow - How Does It Look?

• Thread starter GrowConcern
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
digidemi

digidemi

for real - its almost best to just forget everything you know lol. Just ask why if you are not sure why to do the thing they said to do.
Not sure what you mean, I'm just saying I went against advice and added cal/mag with these nutes and it fixed my issue. For me though, I believe my issue is because I'm growing autoflower so using quarter / half strength all in one PH Perfect nute with RO water left me with a cal/mag deficiency.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Hmmmm. Room temps? Root zone could be dropping below that, and may want to run slightly warmer temps.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Not sure what you mean, I'm just saying I went against advice and added cal/mag with these nutes and it fixed my issue. For me though, I believe my issue is because I'm growing autoflower so using quarter / half strength all in one PH Perfect nute with RO water left me with a cal/mag deficiency.
Just gonna say I question that because you also said the rust spot went away. That is impossible. But if it works for you then you have no reason to change it.

Your low temps are going to be an issue also but idk.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

OP rather than me waste my time or trying to discern what's right and what's wrong call the manufacturer help line and ask them why you should not ph adjust or add cal mag. Then can explain the reason behind it. It has to do with the chelation I think. Ok burnt on this so just gonna drop it good luck all.

GrowConcern

GrowConcern

Hmmmm. Room temps? Root zone could be dropping below that, and may want to run slightly warmer temps.
It’s been warmer the past couple of days, which means the basement where the tent is gets cooler, as the furnace isn’t pumping. The tent temp is low to mid 70s. When it was colder it ran mid 80s to low 80s. The 65 the water is at is about room temp outside the tent, where the reservoir is. I could add a space heater in the tent, but that wouldn’t help water temp.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It’s been warmer the past couple of days, which means the basement where the tent is gets cooler, as the furnace isn’t pumping. The tent temp is low to mid 70s. When it was colder it ran mid 80s to low 80s. The 65 the water is at is about room temp outside the tent, where the reservoir is. I could add a space heater in the tent, but that wouldn’t help water temp.
65-70 water temp is fine

digidemi

digidemi

Just gonna say I question that because you also said the rust spot went away. That is impossible. But if it works for you then you have no reason to change it.

Your low temps are going to be an issue also but idk.
No, the issue went away, the spotting stopped, and the affected leaves spots got darker and stopped spreading. I removed the 50%+ damaged leaves, and affected leaves perked up vs sagging.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

No, the issue went away, the spotting stopped, and the affected leaves spots got darker and stopped spreading. I removed the 50%+ damaged leaves, and affected leaves perked up vs sagging.
Your issue was low ppm not cal mag but ok. Maybe watering to little also but if you feel it cal mag keep at it... If it works great. You did say the spots went away

digidemi

digidemi

Your issue was low ppm not cal mag but ok. Maybe watering to little also but if you feel it cal mag keep at it... If it works great. You did say the spots went away
I just meant the spotting went away as in the issue stopped in its tracks.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Quote:
Yea I just mean it was twice as pronounced yesterday, added cal-mag, and most of it went away and a nice growth spurt, plant is more perky than droopy
I'm just gonna drop this... IDC it's not my plants and not my issue. I think you are seeing results of something else but you feel it's cal mag that's fine. Seen this so many times it makes my head spin. Don't think I'm posting on these nutes anymore.

illmatik

illmatik

I'm gonna have to back @Aqua Man here, speaking from personal experience using the AN pH Perfect Coco lines.

They work perfectly with RO water and NO additional pH adjustments or other additives. No more than 50% strength or you'll see nute burn.

The Advanced Nutrients coco line already has the additional cal/mag, which is why it's specifically formulated for Coco. By adding more you're messing up the balance.

Seriously, these nutes are expensive but they're a gift from God if you use them right. Use straight RO water, mix in 50% strength and you're done.

IMG 20191203 112019 1

Those rear plants are 6 feet tall in 2 gallon pots. 4 week veg. Feeding 1-2 times daily to runoff.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Quote:
I'm just gonna drop this... IDC it's not my plants and not my issue. I think you are seeing results of something else but you feel it's cal mag that's fine. Seen this so many times it makes my head spin. Don't think I'm posting on these nutes anymore.

we need a sticky thread on AN PH perfect nutes and coco.... and just have them read that. Yah its come up like 3 or 4 times already in the last few weeks.

illmatik

illmatik

Agreed. I'm starting to look like some kind of AN shill. But on my first grow I'm just blown away with how much success my plants are having and how easy it is once I got it down.

GrowConcern

GrowConcern

Yeah, at the end of the day I’ll probably change nutrients on the next grow. Maybe Canna. I know the AN are good, but I’m a control freak and I have real problems just pouring stuff in and crossing my fingers. It’s my issue, not the nutes. It’s like driving standard vs. automatic. The auto might shift more efficiently than I can, but it’s not as fun. Also, I’m not learning anything...just measuring.

Oblivi0us

Oblivi0us

How do you feed em when you have scrogg?
Keep screen high enough above soil level to be able to water them.

Make sure you have a good drain tray And suck out the run off unless you plan on moving them.

I just move my screen up when I need to water and put it back down and rework the branches in the screen again. Kind of a pain in the ass but I’m new to coco/scrog so learning as I go.

i realize this might not work for me when I begin flowering and they develop buds on them so just keep screen high enough for you to work with for watering and have a good run off tray that you can vacuum water from or set up a self draining tray. I think most scrog people have dwc systems set up so they don’t have to worry about it. Just my 2 cents maybe someone else who is more experienced can chime in.

Top Bottom