First Grow! I Need Help

• Thread starter Zakes420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Toaster79

Toaster79

Are u talking to me mate ??? Do I belive that they should have a flush in coco from time to time definitely without a doubt no where near as often as soil but still needs a little flush from time to time :)

In coco flush is a must on the other hand i never flushed my soil. It would do more harm than good.

Last edited:
mancdank

mancdank

Well I had to believe it because it's my first time. So taking your reply into consideration I'll drop the conc to 30-40% and won't feed them pure water. Will that do? Should I use those calmag bottles or will CA MG salts do fine?
A good way to see what is going on in your medium is to check the run off water

Toaster79

Toaster79

Well I had to believe it because it's my first time. So taking your reply into consideration I'll drop the conc to 30-40% and won't feed them pure water. Will that do? Should I use those calmag bottles or will CA MG salts do fine?

You should have starzed with 1/4 strength and work your way up. Id keep them on the 1/2 diet and check on the new growth. If those tips don't get any signs of burn your golden. Keep your pH of nutes from 5.8-6.2.

Regarding Ca/Mg, use what floats your boat as long as you don't over do it. Ca:Mg ratio should be at least 6:1, but some plants might want even more Ca

Z

Zakes420

In coco flush is a must on the other hand i never flushed my soil. It would do more ha than good.
It's been 5 weeks since I planted the seeds btw, started screwing up in the third week, so flushed it at the end of 4th week. Left it one more week to recoup from those burns.. Its in week 6 now.. Should I change to flowering cycle amidst this crisis?

Toaster79

Toaster79

It's been 5 weeks since I planted the seeds btw, started screwing up in the third week, so flushed it at the end of 4th week. Left it one more week to recoup from those burns.. Its in week 6 now.. Should I change to flowering cycle amidst this crisis?

I wouldn't switch to flower until those girls are in perfect health. But do flush prior to flower.

mancdank

mancdank

In coco flush is a must on the other hand i never flushed my soil. It would do more ha than good.
Imo a flush is a must no matter what medium I stick a load of ph water through the pebbles in a room I got with a iws system I do it every time I change the tank right upto I can't do it any more because I've threw the net over at about week 1 maybe 2 in flower I just like the idea of keeping things clean

Z

Zakes420

You should have starzed with 1/4 strength and work your way up. Id keep them on the 1/2 diet and check on the new growth. If those tips don't get any signs of burn your golden. Keep your pH of nutes from 5.8-6.2.

Regarding Ca/Mg, use what floats your boat as long as you don't over do it. Ca:Mg ratio should be at least 6:1, but some plants might want even more Ca
Started off with 25 and then I got greedy.. Took it upto max conc, now I've got it down to half conc after realizing the mistake

mancdank

mancdank

How will checking run off water help?
It will let u know if there's excessive salts in your medium or if your pH is out of range but tbh I really would have a look at them roots if it is a root disease u won't wanna be hanging around and guessing that shit needs killing rapid best case scenario it's like the man says and your pH has got out of range

Z

Zakes420

It will let u know if there's excessive salts in your medium or if your pH is out of range but tbh I really would have a look at them roots if it is a root disease u won't wanna be hanging around and guessing that shit needs killing rapid best case scenario it's like the man says and your pH has got out of range
I'll post the pics on the morning! Like in 7-8 hours. I'm hoping it's just the pH problem

Toaster79

Toaster79

Imo a flush is a must no matter what medium I stick a load of ph water through the pebbles in a room I got with a iws system I do it every time I change the tank right upto I can't do it any more because I've threw the net over at about week 1 maybe 2 in flower I just like the idea of keeping things clean

That's simply wrong!

Flushing a good mix soil running on benneficial microorganisms is gonna kill your plant. You would drench all the benies out of the medium, mycorrhizae would collapse and plants would rely solely on their own root mass which won't be sufficient supplying food from the soil that has jist been robbed all the nutrients.

Same shit like drenching coco with pure water.

mancdank

mancdank

That's simply wrong!

Flushing a good mix soil running on benneficial microorganisms is gonna kill your plant. You would drench all the benies out of the medium, mycorrhizae would collapse and plants would rely solely on their own root mass which won't be sufficient supplying food from the soil that has jist been robbed all the nutrients.

Same shit like drenching coco with pure water.
So u think just giving it feed all the time is right that's right up there with root bounding your plants is good lol

Toaster79

Toaster79

So u think just giving it feed all the time is right that's right up there with root bounding your plants is good lol

I never mentioned any feeding. At least not the plants directly. Feed the soil not the plants!

Z

Zakes420

The game your playing has more learning curves than probably anything u will come across ever I've been at it 20 years and I'm still learning daily
I read like 2 complete books about growing and all that and still in stuck is what I meant. 20 years is a long long time.. Respect sir!

Toaster79

Toaster79

When will you accept the fact that growing in coco can be treated the same as growing in hydro? Coco is just the medium for the roots to hold on and you can't get rootbound in hydro, can you?

You really need to broaden your horizons man. There are so many ways to skin the cat.

Top Bottom