First grow in 10 years, DP blueberry, sugar bomb punch and kerosene krash

• Thread starter pulchripes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pulchripes

pulchripes

Finally decided to start up again after 10 years, was looking back on my old purchases from amazon in 2014 and all I used was air pots, budget extractor and carbon filter, bio bizz nutes in top soil and perlite under a '300w' LED panel that I can't find on sale anymore from a company called Neon Mart/lighting EVER. It produced some pretty good results to be fair, I only did autos though, I did a few crops including DP blueberry, blue mammoth, think different, auto purple, auto white widow, auto jack herer and auto AK, I was only growing in a 2x3x6 ish area, basically a disused shower cubicle with a slab of foam insulation on top and holes cut in it.
This time, still sticking with the theme of growing on a budget, but I have a dedicated tent, nothing too spenny, a 2x4x5 from Green Architecture and it's looking ideal all set up, couldn't have asked for more for the price to be fair for 80 quid, planning to top, scrog and lollipop as necessary, growing all 3 plants in there and see how they go. I'll be using normal pots, open to suggestions on ideal final sizes, I'm wanting to do at least a partly organic grow if anyone has any input on this? Topping up as and when with liquid feed, soil grow consisting of jack's magic, maybe some ratio of coco, I have a bag of worm castings, some bat guano, perlite and dolomite lime. I was thinking of doing a separate mix in advance for when I transplant into the final pots for flowering which will also include a more bloom based amendment and possibly kelp and the likes, cal/mag on hand for later in the flowering stage and mixing it all (including a more veg focused mix too) before the seeds even arrive, which should be in a few days, just so it has a few weeks to cook down before use,or am I just way overthinking this?
Lights I'm using, x2 budget amazon LED panels that seem to have ok reviews (I'll add pics at the end) apparently 100w each and I will use just one to begin with, turned down for seedlings and partly through veg, turned up a bit, then add the other when necessary and adjust the light intensity as they are also dimmable. Extractor, I haven't really got one in mind that will vent the tent well while remaining not too loud as it will be in the bedroom and the Mrs will probably have kittens if it sounds like a jet taking off, probably just run the tent open while heat is low and they're in veg and not stinky and lots of clip fans etc so there's minimal running of it 18 hours a day, because 12/12 should be fine for all night silence in flower. I'll update as I go, always welcome to any advice, pics of the lights, tent and an auto AK from my old grow well into flower.
First grow in 10 years dp blueberry sugar bomb punch and kerosene krash
First grow in 10 years dp blueberry sugar bomb punch and kerosene krash 2
First grow in 10 years dp blueberry sugar bomb punch and kerosene krash 3

Last edited:
pulchripes

pulchripes

Seeds arrived with a freebie, the lights look decently bright

20240226 1642122
20240226 164442
pulchripes

pulchripes

Update, transplant day, I was thinking I won't veg them massively, will likely do some lst and lollipop as they go, so using 3x 2.5 gal pots and seeing how much of a difference a 5 gal makes with the kerosene krash, which is looking like it wasn't liking the light distance all that much (DP did say it's a thing with this strain) so I've raised it. Living soil amendments with 1 part coco, 1 part jacks magic compost and 1 part perlite, so I'm hoping they do well, will get pics of them potted up soon, only doing this one transplant with them.

20240321 132643
20240321 132657
20240321 132705
Top Bottom