First Grow Journal - 4th Grow. Relentless Genetics White Cookies

• Thread starter Megadude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Megadude

Megadude

Hey what's up guys
I'm new to THC farmer, hopped over from another forum after reading some really good stickies and threads here. I've done three other grows, all under Mars Hydro 1200(s), all hydro, and with varying results.
First run ever was a very hacked together DWC in a 4x4 tent. Started as 4 buckets with Northern Lights and White Widow, the NL's turned male and I basically grew one huge WW eventually transfering to a 27gallon tote and limped through. Buds came out looking great, although not super strong. Roughly 12oz dry when it was all said and done.
After a coco-coir experiment, I went back to DWC but purchased a 6site 8gal Under Current RDWC system and a second Mars Hydro 1200.
The grow space is a 9x10 room, with the active growing area on a table just a shade under 8x4'. I'm in a rented apartment, so I can't just slap a Mini Split in here and the only other option for active cooling is Portable AC which.. I've decided to stay away from.

Cliff note version of setup:

4x8 table with 6XL 8Gal Under Current system
(2) Mars Hydro 1200 Lamps
8" mixed flow exhaust fan
6" Inline fan for intake

With this setup, so long as it's under 55 degrees outside, I can keep the room under 80 degrees and now that it's closer to 30s outside, I'm able to get the room down to roughly 65.

For genetics I went with 7 Relentless White Cookies fem

Soaked all 7 seeds in 5.5ph water until they started to crack, then transferred to wet paper towel method on hydrofarm heat pad. Of the 7 seeds, 5 sprouted and two never really went beyond a tiny tap root.
I put the 5 seeds with decent tap roots into 5 rockwool cubes which soaked in 5.2ph water for a few hours, and placed all 5 into hydrofarm dome on top of the heat pad.

For previous grows I used rapid rooters and cruised right through the seedling stage, but with the rock wool I'm experiencing some issue. 4 cubes have very leggy and droppy seedlings, although the roots still appear to be popping up at the bottom of the cube. the 5th seed is pretty runty. still growing, but even slower then the others.

Temps between 75 and 80
Humidity is hanging between 35 and 50", can't get it much higher and looking for suggestions for a humidifyer in a room that size. I have a tiny household humidifyer maybe doing 1gal a day

I've attached some photos. The two rapid rooters are left over White Widow beans from my original DWC grow, but I've got 6 more Relentless "Elmers Glue" on the way just in case.

Any ideas as to why my seedlings are droopy?
Thanks
S

Day6whitecookies
Day14whitecookies
Megadude

Megadude

Day 13?

One of the WC sprouties passed away rip
3 looked to have quit their drooping- I've been soaking the bottoms of cubes in 150ish ppm / more like 6.0-6.5ph (couple drops of cal mag, couple drops of rapid start and a tiny bit of great white) They seem to like the bump up in ph from 5.5. Visible white healthy roots at bottom of cube

The two rapid rooters in rockwool are leftover White Widow from a previous grow.. 2 of 3 sprouted and I'm happy with their progress. Some roots showing all around the plug and hopefully growing in the cube too.

Paper towel action for the 7 Relentless Elmers Glue that showed up. One showed tap root within almost 16hrs, and after another day looks very strong. All but one have at least shown tap root and the ones that did show are now in rapid rooter plugs as well.

Whew. Torn between putting the 6 strongest into the UC system OR hoping all 6 Elmers glue grow strong enough to keep it uniform in the system.

gonna try and keep everything going at least in seperate dwc or solo/coco coir cups as an experiment/learning/backup in case any of the 6 that get into the Under Current look shit or die or aren't female.

Will try and update every few days! Hope to be in UC with 6 strong showers by Saturday or Sunday

S

Megadude

Megadude

Day 15
Moved the three White cookies cubes to the UC system. Pulled the plastic from the sides, noticeabley decent looking white roots filling about half the bottom of cube. One Mars 1200 on veg switch only. Hoping it's not too much too soon for the sprouts

Room temp 75-78
Water: 6.2ph
150ppm
3 scoops of great white
10ml gh cal mag
15ml gh flora bloom

Both white widow in the rapid rooters are growing nicely. Stuck the RR into rockwool cubes to hold a little more water so they don't dry out while I'm at work and also as an experiment some Roots showing and look good.

relentless Elmers glue starting to pop a little. 4 are just starting to breach top of rapid rooter cube. Once they grow a little, I'll probably dig out a few more rockwool cubes and stick them in there. I do like the cubes ability to stand on their own the RR like to fall over

Megadude

Megadude

Settled at 100ppm overnight.

Added 30ml cal mag to bring us a little closer to 5ml/gal recommendation
Ppm coming back around to 150 or so

Bottoms of pots are just staying moist from the air bubbles popping on surface. Turned down the airflow to the individual sites a little to actually lower the amount of spritzing on the pot bottoms as the cubes looked a little more damp then I'd like.

Also should note that while the 8" mixed flow fan is pretty loud (bc currently exhausting into my living room) the whole system is pretty quiet. Half as loud as the fans on the Mars 1200

Megadude

Megadude

Day 16
Mixed up a gallon of MaxiBloom "LUCAS" style (7gram MaxiB to one gallon water) + 4ml Silica to bring up the ph. Silica is getting a little cloudy and I've had it for almost 6 months.. is this a good time to get a new bottle or is that normal for silica? Added 1300ML to nutrient solution already circulating, bringing up the PPM another 50.

What's a good PPM for 2ish week old rooted seedlings?

Also hooked up 250w CFL.
(3) Relentless White Cookies under Mars Hydro 1200
(2) unknown White Widow under 250w CFL
(5) Relentless Elmers Glue under t5 (day 4 from seed)

Air Temps 77Deg
Water temp 75 (Chiller will be here tomorrow)
200ppm
6.0ph
Can't get much past 40% humidity without a little help from nature but holding between 35-40% humidity

More pics sunday
anyone out there?

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Day 16
Mixed up a gallon of MaxiBloom "LUCAS" style (7gram MaxiB to one gallon water) + 4ml Silica to bring up the ph. Silica is getting a little cloudy and I've had it for almost 6 months.. is this a good time to get a new bottle or is that normal for silica? Added 1300ML to nutrient solution already circulating, bringing up the PPM another 50.

What's a good PPM for 2ish week old rooted seedlings?

Also hooked up 250w CFL.
(3) Relentless White Cookies under Mars Hydro 1200
(2) unknown White Widow under 250w CFL
(5) Relentless Elmers Glue under t5 (day 4 from seed)

Air Temps 77Deg
Water temp 75 (Chiller will be here tomorrow)
200ppm
6.0ph
Can't get much past 40% humidity without a little help from nature but holding between 35-40% humidity

More pics sunday
anyone out there?

Sounds like you got some nutrient solution in the silica and its chelating. I might consider getting a new bottle for this round. consider getting a product like powerSI or osa28 that doesnt use potassium silicate. it will be more bioavailable for your plants, and wont get cloudy like that. just my .02 as far as ec/tds for the seedlings most suggest starting at 1/4 strength of veg nutes. im an organic guy myself though so take it for what its worth.

RG420

RG420

Nice choice on the White cookies bro iv seen some fire looking herb of it on IG! Got a pack myself :D recently ran his frosty cherry cookies which had some really nice phenos and I'm currently vegging up his Super silver haze F4 stem rubs are promising and sticky!!

Megadude

Megadude

Admittedly I settled on white cookies after I couldn't find any frosted cherry cookies beans. Would love to see pics if you have any. Elmers glue sounds pretty legit too. Hoping I don't run into too many issues running the two different strains in the system but never did anything the easy way so here goes nothin

Megadude

Megadude

I think the seedlings were to far away from the light they have etulated = stretching .
Agreed. I used a 250w CFL initially from the seedlings but set it up pretty high. By the time I got home from work they streched out like that. The widow and Elmers glue are developing much nicer under the t5

RG420

RG420

Admittedly I settled on white cookies after I couldn't find any frosted cherry cookies beans. Would love to see pics if you have any. Elmers glue sounds pretty legit too. Hoping I don't run into too many issues running the two different strains in the system but never did anything the easy way so here goes nothin

There both winners dude I'm sure you'll smash it out the park! Iv got a few pics I'll post if cool with ya :)

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Agreed. I used a 250w CFL initially from the seedlings but set it up pretty high. By the time I got home from work they streched out like that. The widow and Elmers glue are developing much nicer under the t5
I'm sure they will come good mate I'll keep checking out your grow good luck .

Megadude

Megadude

Day 17

Ppm : 300
Ph : 6.5
Water temp : 64!! (Aw yea, thats right. Finally got a Water chiller. Created a little heat initially the first hour bringing temps down from 75, haven't noticed any extra heat since. Can't believe I waited this long to get a chiller)

Air temp - 80F
Humidity - Still lurking around 40% Trying to get up closer to 60% but it'll be a few days til the House of Hydro emitter shows up.

The Elmer's Glue beans are looking much healthier at the same point the White Cookies were along. 5 sprouted nice, with 3 looking very good. 1 runt I'll probably ditch.

I'll have some tough choices to make...
Do I try and run all 5 (or even 6, with the runt) of Elmers and ditch the two (proven) white widow and 3 white cookies?
Do I run the 2 strongest cookies, two strongest elmers and two white widow? Same UC system..
or do I do 3 Cookies, 3 Elmers glue, and try to run the rest in independent 3.5gal DWC and stick them in the middle of the UC buckets?

Gladly accepting any and all opinions on the matter!

Megadude

Megadude

Day 19
Bumped up PPM to 400 via (2) gallons of MaxiBloom mix (14g total) 15ml Cal-mag and 15ml Flora Micro
Killed off one of the White Widow, cube wasn't getting any water and it dried out. I probably could have saved it, but feeling kinda ruthless with all these healthy seedlings. Natural selection I suppose..

I've been spraying water all over the tent and on top of the buckets/tables as frequently as it evaporates when I'm home and able. Been able to keep humidity in 40-50% range. Only cycling the exhaust fan for 15min every hour now which has helped, hopefully c02 levels are ok at this stage.

Megadude

Megadude

Day 24
Merry Christmas
Added house of hydro disc in a 3.5gallon bucket. Haven't had time to set up the pc fan to blow the air out but my wall mounted seems to be blowing out the mist just enough. With my other little humidifier we are closer to 50-55% humidity. Still don't have the control id like, but living with the results in such a limited grow space.

Currently have (1) white widow, (3) white cookies and (2) Elmers glue in the UC system. The white widow is a little droopy/yellow, so I may pull her for one of the two "reserve" Elmers glue which are now in solo cups with some hydroton. Hate to ditch the white widow but would prefer to keep it to two strains in the system instead of three. Everyone looking strong, roots finally down into the solution. Should note that growth seems a little slow this time around any ideas?

Day24
Temps 74-80
Ppm 450
Humidity 45-55%

Megadude

Megadude

Day 27
Ppm 500
Water temp 65-66
Ph 6.0-6.5

Fed 15ml root enhancer
1 small scoop/1 gal maxibloom
Been adding 10ml squirts of GH Micro here and there for a little more N. All 6 seem happy, white widow has bounced back and the two EG most recently added are catching on.

Experimenting with intake booster fan/possibly setting up 6" inline fan for intake. Also ordered a recycle timer so I can run the exhaust in shorter than 15min increments. Hoping I can keep grow room temps down via intake in the interest of keeping humidity up. Plants def want more VPD but I can't give it to them with the exhaust running every 15.. Sigh

Also switched out the 250w CFL for my other Mars 1200. Doesn't have individual switches for veg and flower and seems to have a little more white than the newer 1200. Plants are loving the LEDs, but if I can drop temps more I may still add a 750w DE gavita in flower

Enjoy
S

Latest posts

Top Bottom