First Grow Journal - 4th Grow. Relentless Genetics White Cookies

• Thread starter Megadude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Megadude

Megadude

Day 54
We took a mini trip out west to Denver this weekend, the first extended period of time from the garden since starting this run. We came home to significant growth, which is very encouraging.
The ladies drank roughly 10 gallons in 3 days, significantly more than I was expecting at this stage of the game. Time for a bigger res. Also did some pruning down below and thinned out some of the beautiful bushy mess these LEDs are creating. Kinda hoping to get a little stretch going as the ladies reach the netting. Will also need to come up with a better humidifier situation as I'd like to get the HoH setup out from the middle of the garden. Maybe tomorrow..

Upon refilling the water back up to the correct levels, I was down to 380ppm.

PPM 480
+20ML CalMag
+2 "big" scoops GH MaxiGrow
+15ML GH Flora Micro

ph 6.5
water temp 67

Air 81F
RH 40%

Megadude

Megadude

Switched to 12/12 over the weekend. Roughly 58 days from seed, and after a few days of ramping down from 18/6 to 16/8, 14/10 and now 12/12.
Also bumped up nutes to 700ppm and will probably bring them up closer to 850 if they can handle it. Mixing up one big scoop of MaxiGro and one big scoop of MaxiBloom and adding via reservoir

Already seeing a little stretch.
Everything still very healthy looking. Will probably defoliate again below the net after a week or so once they've stretched out a little.

Also of note, plants are really starting to give off a nice aroma without the exhaust filter scrubbing away. I'd left the exhaust off when lights were off to this point, but now running it for 5min twice every hour so my apartment doesn't smell like a greenhouse. Eventually will just run the exhaust 24/7

Air temp 75
Humidity 55%
PPM 700
ph 6.0
Water temp 66

Megadude

Megadude

Switched to 12/12 over the weekend. Roughly 58 days from seed, and after a few days of ramping down from 18/6 to 16/8, 14/10 and now 12/12.
Also bumped up nutes to 700ppm and will probably bring them up closer to 850 if they can handle it. Mixing up one big scoop of MaxiGro and one big scoop of MaxiBloom and adding via reservoir

Already seeing a little stretch.
Everything still very healthy looking. Will probably defoliate again below the net after a week or so once they've stretched out a little.

Also of note, plants are really starting to give off a nice aroma without the exhaust filter scrubbing away. I'd left the exhaust off when lights were off to this point, but now running it for 5min twice every hour so my apartment doesn't smell like a greenhouse. Eventually will just run the exhaust 24/7

Air temp 75
Humidity 55%
PPM 700
ph 6.0
Water temp 66

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Damn vegging under LEDs ain't no joke.
58 days from seed and they are only that big? Reminds me of my buddy's grow, Under T5s Took 60 days until he discovered the all powerful 400w MH lol. Now he's on half that time.
They look very healthy though, congrats. Can't wait to start seeing little nugglets.

Megadude

Megadude

I've been topping them pretty regularly, but yeah the growth did seem slow. The nodes are all really packed in there. If you cruise back a little you can see some of the progress.

In hindsight I wish I'd flipped a week or two ago. It's going to be a bit of a trip trying to keep these babies in check they're already starting to stretch a bit.

I'd love to get an HPS/MH or two in there but we're pretty restricted with electric draw and heat issues.
Any other tips for speeding up veg growth?

Thanks for stopping by--

Megadude

Megadude

Day 5 flower
Did a pretty hefty defoliation down below. There are new nodes every inch or so, see attached. Each square is just about filled out in the net and I'm just about ready to stop messing about and let them do their damn thang. Slow and steady raising nutrients, just giving them straight maxi bloom now and will start some bloom sublimentes once visible bud sites start forming

This is still just my fourth grow and really the first that's gone without a hitch so far -- please please any and all advice is welcome and appreciated

Temp 75
Humidity 50%
Ppm 820
Water temp 65
Ph 6.0

Megadude

Megadude

Shots look weird thru the green lens glasses. Im sure there's a green filter for the iPhone but hey, that'd be too easy

Each section shows White cookies and Elmers glue. didn't top the Elmers glue as much, just hoping to get some big ole chunky buds from those. Fingers crossed both strains have great results of course

Edit to add : I accidentally broke one of the 8? main branches on one of the White Cookies (in the corner of first pic) two days ago and the branch has already healed itself. All I did was put a loose zip tie around it and move it to a different square in the net to hold it closer. really amazed by how quickly such a large branch repaired

Megadude

Megadude

Day 11

Day temp 70-75
Night temp 65-70
Humidity 40-50%
Ppm 1000
Ph 6.2
Water temp 65

Plants haven't drank down as much water the last couple days. It's been very cold out, keeping garden temps pretty low. Stretch in full effect but not getting out of control thanks to the LEDs I guess.

Megadude

Megadude

Day 12 - relentless genetics white cookies/elmer's glue

Turns out the reservoir was clogged. I've been running an air hose in there and occasional hydrogen peroxide but there was still a ton of gunk in there. The whole system was down about 10 gallons, and ph jumped up to 6.8 - glad to catch that one before going away for the weekend

All 6 are showing female traits and starting to smell a bit more in the room. May have to kick up the exhaust just to keep the smell down.

Day temp 68-71
Night temp 65-70
Humidity 40%
ph 6.5
Water temp 64

Megadude

Megadude

Day 13
Starting to see some bud sites form. Having issues calibrating the Bluelabs guardian but no signs of foul play in the garden. Cross referencing with handheld ph meter and still good, or at least I've convinced myself of it

Trying to take some more photos instead of the same "whole garden"

Adding a personal note : maybe try cmh for veg next time -- LEDs are almost too bushy

day temp 74
Night temp 65
Humidity 40%
Ppm 1000
Water temp 64
Ph 5.8?

Megadude

Megadude

Day 14 - Relentless White Cookies/Elmers Glue -- Under Current / (2) Mars 1200 / Passive exhaust

Ph meter is acting up, ordered replacement but i'll be running manual for the next couple days. Everything still looking good and the bud sites are getting pretty official..

It's taking a big scoop of MaxiBloom every three gallons of water to maintain 1000ppm. Occasionally squirting 20 or 25ml of GH Flora Micro for a nitrogen boost while they're stretching, but they seem to be getting enough from the MaxiBloom. For today's feeding I went with two scoops. Going to push ppm up to 1150 or 1200 over the course of this week and see how they react. Considering a bloom booster if anyone has recommendations.

Air temp 73
Humidity 40%
PPM 1050
ph 5.7?
Water temp 64

Megadude

Megadude

Day 17
One hell of a time to have a major issue. Pretty sure my Danner water return pump is shot-- discovered a clog at the filter and almost 3ft string of roots down the return line

Cleared everything out and still no luck. Here's hoping the air stones can keep up for a couple days while waiting for new impeller... Hoping that's the issue and not something I'm overlooking.

Can anyone help me with water pump issue?

Top Bottom