First Grow Journal - 4th Grow. Relentless Genetics White Cookies

• Thread starter Megadude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Irietime

Irietime

Hey what's up guys
I'm new to THC farmer, hopped over from another forum after reading some really good stickies and threads here. I've done three other grows, all under Mars Hydro 1200(s), all hydro, and with varying results.
First run ever was a very hacked together DWC in a 4x4 tent. Started as 4 buckets with Northern Lights and White Widow, the NL's turned male and I basically grew one huge WW eventually transfering to a 27gallon tote and limped through. Buds came out looking great, although not super strong. Roughly 12oz dry when it was all said and done.
After a coco-coir experiment, I went back to DWC but purchased a 6site 8gal Under Current RDWC system and a second Mars Hydro 1200.
The grow space is a 9x10 room, with the active growing area on a table just a shade under 8x4'. I'm in a rented apartment, so I can't just slap a Mini Split in here and the only other option for active cooling is Portable AC which.. I've decided to stay away from.

Cliff note version of setup:

4x8 table with 6XL 8Gal Under Current system
(2) Mars Hydro 1200 Lamps
8" mixed flow exhaust fan
6" Inline fan for intake

With this setup, so long as it's under 55 degrees outside, I can keep the room under 80 degrees and now that it's closer to 30s outside, I'm able to get the room down to roughly 65.

For genetics I went with 7 Relentless White Cookies fem

Soaked all 7 seeds in 5.5ph water until they started to crack, then transferred to wet paper towel method on hydrofarm heat pad. Of the 7 seeds, 5 sprouted and two never really went beyond a tiny tap root.
I put the 5 seeds with decent tap roots into 5 rockwool cubes which soaked in 5.2ph water for a few hours, and placed all 5 into hydrofarm dome on top of the heat pad.

For previous grows I used rapid rooters and cruised right through the seedling stage, but with the rock wool I'm experiencing some issue. 4 cubes have very leggy and droppy seedlings, although the roots still appear to be popping up at the bottom of the cube. the 5th seed is pretty runty. still growing, but even slower then the others.

Temps between 75 and 80
Humidity is hanging between 35 and 50", can't get it much higher and looking for suggestions for a humidifyer in a room that size. I have a tiny household humidifyer maybe doing 1gal a day

I've attached some photos. The two rapid rooters are left over White Widow beans from my original DWC grow, but I've got 6 more Relentless "Elmers Glue" on the way just in case.

Any ideas as to why my seedlings are droopy?
Thanks
S
Subbed. But I will say that seems like a awful lot of steps just to sprout some seeds. But hey it worked.

Megadude

Megadude

Day 19
New water pump arrived - shout out to amazon same day shipping.
the water/solution got a little funky so I did a res change. I was really regretting not doing one right before flower... but this one was done in under 15 minutes and here's hoping the plants appreciate getting all that pond water out of there. The Elmers Glue is really stretching pretty hard -- they weren't topped as frequently as the White Cookies because they're about two weeks younger. Hoping for some big stinky colas on the 'Glue. White cookies have a boat load of bud sites popping up. Really getting excited about this run.

Photos in following post - downloaded Light Room to try and do some color correction, ended up getting some cool artsy fartsie photos.

air temp 75
humidity 55%
1150 ppm
water temp 64
ph 5.9

Megadude

Megadude

First three photos are edited in Adobe light room. The deep purple shot is ole faithful and tried to snap a pic of the bottoms.

Megadude

Megadude

Day 25
Everything is looking good, but growth seems slow. Ramped up the exhaust fan to the 2nd setting hoping the increased air circulation will push growth a little. Maybe I'm just over thinking it. Still no signs of nutrient burn or heat stress even though these last few days have been kind of warm.
Officially shut the humidifier down as the room is holding around 60% on its own.

Nutrients 90% MaxiBloom, 40ML cal mag, occasional squirt of silica or bud booster.

Air temp 76
Humidity 60%

1450 ppm
Water temp 64
5.7ph

Megadude

Megadude

Also raised lights about 8" right after these photos
Bud shots unedited taken with iPhone through green filter glasses.

Not sure if the browning of the white hairs is a good thing or a bad thing at this stage?
Also note how much the Elmer's Glue stretched (Guerilla Glue/The White cross). The White Cookies have stayed pretty squat

Megadude

Megadude

Day 29
Just an update for the record no pics til tomorrow. Getting temps back under control and have exhaust fan set to max now to control the heat and humidity. May have to get a dehumidifier going but currently holding strong. We had a 3 hr power outage luckily during dark cycle, not too much issue aside from humidity build up. Close call

Day temp 74
Night temp 67
Humidity 45%
1350ppm
5,7ph
Water temp 65

Megadude

Megadude

Day 30
This is probably just standard stuff for the good growers out there, words can't describe how excited I am this is turning out so shiny so early. Knock on wood this one has been going very smoothly so far

Eyegethi420

Eyegethi420

Also raised lights about 8" right after these photos
Bud shots unedited taken with iPhone through green filter glasses.

Not sure if the browning of the white hairs is a good thing or a bad thing at this stage?
Also note how much the Elmer's Glue stretched (Guerilla Glue/The White cross). The White Cookies have stayed pretty squat
Is the browning hairs on your glue plant? I've read red/brown hairs early are a sign of stress.. I don't know if it has anything to do with genetics but this happen to me with a bagseed I had that was supposedly gg..happen to the plant and the clone I took from it

Megadude

Megadude

Is the browning hairs on your glue plant? I've read red/brown hairs early are a sign of stress.. I don't know if it has anything to do with genetics but this happen to me with a bagseed I had that was supposedly gg..happen to the plant and the clone I took from it
to be honest im not sure. i posted the pic hoping someone would chime in and tell me what it meant - haha!
its gotten a little hot in the room a couple times (79, 80ish) and one instance where air/circ pumps werent running for a few hours but the photo is one of the White Cookies girls and they're almost a foot shorter than the Elmers Glue so i dont think? its light or heat related. Hopefully someone can chime in with some guidance and help us out. i just kinda wrote it off as a weird genetic mutation to be browning this early or maybe its hot spots or something. sorry i couldn't give a definitive answer!

Megadude

Megadude

Looking some frost there homie
hell yeah. thanks i appreciate the look. very pumped about the tricomes its gotta be The White cross in these strains because Ive never had anything like this so early. Hoping they start to put on some weight in the coming weeks.. im a little concerned the Mars 1200s aren't enough juice for plants this healthy. trying to put together a DIY Cree/cob LED for the center hoping the weather gets cold enough to fire up some extra photons. heres hoping

Eyegethi420

Eyegethi420

hell yeah. thanks i appreciate the look. very pumped about the tricomes its gotta be The White cross in these strains because Ive never had anything like this so early. Hoping they start to put on some weight in the coming weeks.. im a little concerned the Mars 1200s aren't enough juice for plants this healthy. trying to put together a DIY Cree/cob LED for the center hoping the weather gets cold enough to fire up some extra photons. heres hoping
Let me know how that diy light comes along

Megadude

Megadude

Day 34 flower

Air 73
Humidity 40%
Ppm 1350
(Straight maxi bloom, flora bloom, and occasional hydro guard. Just ordered UC roots/bud booster late for the last few weeks)
Water temp 65
Ph 5.7

I should note I haven't used any ph up or down in a few weeks and seem to be pretty stable at 5.7ph

There are a boatload of trics on these ladies and this will probably be the last round of iPhone photos. Dug up my lumix/Leica knockoff and will be trying to use that throughout to the end
Slowly ramping down nutrients. Mostly just adding straight tap to the res with occasional feeding every few days.

Also ordered a 200w Timber grow kit with Cree 3590s and hoping the boost of light helps stack some weight at the end. I figured I'd buy a semi diy light to check out the Cobs before going and buying a boatload of LED and drivers for my own build. When you balance out the cost of everything it's probably only $50 or $75 more to buy pre built plug and play kit from these guys vs building your own, but probably see those savings if building enough lights for two 4x4 flowering rooms down the line. Excited to see the results these new Cree/cobs will provide even though this won't be a comparison test or anything

Anyway here's a couple photos. Bud shot lightly edited in Adobe light room and the whole party shot was a little more fussing around in light room for good fun

Megadude

Megadude

Day 37
Snapped a bunch of photos but these were the only two with decent focus.
Camera is a LUMIX lx5 (Leica rip off)
Color corrected (and over-stoner edit) using light room for iPhone

Temp 80
Humidity 40%
Ppm 1390
Ph 5.5

(Also of note haven't had to ph up or down in a while which is nice)

Megadude

Megadude

Day 40
Snapped a bunch of pics with camera but they're not coming out right. One of these days I'll get my head in there before the lights come on and snap some non-blaring-purple lit pics of the progress. Also ordered some nitril gloves because defoliating is making my hands so sticky it's kind of rediciulous
Also of note : added the 250w CFL back into the mix. More weight? IR? Waste of electricity? Who knows but let's give it a shot

Also also of note : added Under Current Bud booster late to the nute program. Back up to 1400ppm from 1320. Ordered UC roots and another 1.5 of bud booster from hydro builder but it takes almost two weeks to get here. Amazon was next day :sad:

Day Temp 74
Night temp 62
Humidity 40-50%
Ppm 1420
Ph 5.6
Water temp 64

Megadude

Megadude

Day 44
Making a little progress in defoliation. I set up the CFL so I had 30min of work light before the Mars LEDs come on for the remaining 11.5hrs.
This break in Prince purple LED light allowed me to snap some better shots. Still not happy with how the photos are coming out but they'll work for the sake of documentation

Latest posts

Top Bottom