First Grow Mistake

• Thread starter 715CREEKS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
715CREEKS

715CREEKS

Hey,

I made a huge mistake on my first grow and was hoping for some help.
I'm growing Blue Dream CBD under 300w LED lights, I'm into the late stages of flowering and my plants aren't looking great.

I have been feeding with PK 13/14 weekly since putting the plant into flowering :( I now know this is wrong. Also it's very humid in my grow tent as it's in a cold room and gets condensation.
I'm using Ionic Bloom weekly and a small amount of CalMag.

Is there anything I can do to help/save this plant as it doesn't look great, or should I abandon and start again? Thanks for any help.
Foto no exif 1jpg
Foto no exif 2jpg
Foto no exif

Dan789

Dan789

@715CREEKS how about some more info:, what’s your growing medium, temps and RH in your tent, any other nutrients administered? Confirming a 12/12 lighting schedule? Any exhaust for tent? Any signs of PM, without said ventilation? The one branch on the right of the first picture is that just the result of nute’ burn or have you scoped for bugs?
A temp range day/night might also be in play, please supply.

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

Hey,

I made a huge mistake on my first grow and was hoping for some help.
I'm growing Blue Dream CBD under 300w LED lights, I'm into the late stages of flowering and my plants aren't looking great.

I have been feeding with PK 13/14 weekly since putting the plant into flowering :( I now know this is wrong. Also it's very humid in my grow tent as it's in a cold room and gets condensation.
I'm using Ionic Bloom weekly and a small amount of CalMag.

Is there anything I can do to help/save this plant as it doesn't look great, or should I abandon and start again? Thanks for any help.View attachment 845645 View attachment 845646 View attachment 845647
Who told you running PK 13/14 from the start of flower is wrong? If anything you should be starting low doses of PK 13/14 early in veg. Phosphorus and potassium in even measured doses will help with node development, new shoot development in the rhizosphere, lateral growth and will also help control internodal spacing. Potassium helps with motility of micronutrients and running a product like the PK 13/14 will help with overall efficiency of photosynthesis

715CREEKS

715CREEKS

@1diesel1 @Seraphine @JWM2 @Dan789 @DetGrnThumb

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me, it was my first post so I'm just learning how to properly ask a question and how to grow! I'm disabled so I have decided to try these beautiful plants.

Some more details, I'm using DWC with an Oxypot with airstone.
I used Ionic Grow until I swapped to 12/12 cycle then Ionic Bloom at 7ml/10ltr.

It's in a cold room unfortunately but it's in an enclosure which keeps it warm and I have a heater in there. After I changed to 12/12, during the night the inside walls of the tent get a bit of condensation so the humidity can get to around 90% at times which I know is too much but if I open the vent holes it would get too cold. There is a fan inside.

Ave. Day temp: 27c/80f. Night: 18c/64f

No sign of bugs.

It's only about 6 weeks into flowering and I probably started that too late, there is hardly any bud formation.

Is it worth buying any extra nutes, Ionic Boost for example?

Thanks for your time.
Please let me know if I have added enough information and asked in the correct manner.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
You need to address the humidity factor otherwise your bud would get moldy and be useless. So it’s kind of a good thing they haven’t produced thick buds. What is your photoperiod schedule? I’m curious why you haven’t started to see better formed buds. My guess is the temp and humidity is not allowing it to properly transpire so you don’t have to water them often but also they aren’t up taking much moisture and in turn nutrients. But that’s just a guess.

Madmax

Madmax

I'll b honest..i'd like to see you start again and get the guys to help you setting up your room better for ventilation .humidity and temp control etc..and get you growing gooood yeah..

Erick31876

Erick31876

Cut the pk 13/14 looks like bad nute burn. Could be a lock out . What is your ph. Need more info

Erick31876

Erick31876

@1diesel1 @Seraphine @JWM2 @Dan789 @DetGrnThumb

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me, it was my first post so I'm just learning how to properly ask a question and how to grow! I'm disabled so I have decided to try these beautiful plants.

Some more details, I'm using DWC with an Oxypot with airstone.
I used Ionic Grow until I swapped to 12/12 cycle then Ionic Bloom at 7ml/10ltr.

It's in a cold room unfortunately but it's in an enclosure which keeps it warm and I have a heater in there. After I changed to 12/12, during the night the inside walls of the tent get a bit of condensation so the humidity can get to around 90% at times which I know is too much but if I open the vent holes it would get too cold. There is a fan inside.

Ave. Day temp: 27c/80f. Night: 18c/64f

No sign of bugs.

It's only about 6 weeks into flowering and I probably started that too late, there is hardly any bud formation.

Is it worth buying any extra nutes, Ionic Boost for example?

Thanks for your time.
Please let me know if I have added enough information and asked in the correct manner.
You could also run your lights during the night time and have the plants night time during the day so it stays warmer in there. It might stress the plant a little from having the lights on for an extra 12 hours. But it will only be 1 time. I had to do the same in my flower room because of heat and humidity. It didn't stress my plants at all really.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
You could also run your lights during the night time and have the plants night time during the day so it stays warmer in there. It might stress the plant a little from having the lights on for an extra 12 hours. But it will only be 1 time. I had to do the same in my flower room because of heat and humidity. It didn't stress my plants at all really.

Just run the dark period longer then start the light photoperiod. Don't run the lights longer, that'll set them back.

715CREEKS

715CREEKS

You need to address the humidity factor otherwise your bud would get moldy and be useless. So it’s kind of a good thing they haven’t produced thick buds. What is your photoperiod schedule? I’m curious why you haven’t started to see better formed buds. My guess is the temp and humidity is not allowing it to properly transpire so you don’t have to water them often but also they aren’t up taking much moisture and in turn nutrients. But that’s just a guess.

Photoperiod is 1pm-1am on.
Despite the high humidity they are taking on a good amount of water.

I'll b honest..i'd like to see you start again and get the guys to help you setting up your room better for ventilation .humidity and temp control etc..and get you growing gooood yeah..

I have been giving this serious consideration to give the seeds the love they deserve, it's just hard to give up two months work.

That is a good idea but dark cycle longer one time maybe.
I'm vigilant with ph, it's always kept around 5.8ish

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Perfect. I wish I thought of that when i had to do it. It also saves money on the electric bill from running the power off peak hours

Yeah over the years I’ve had to adjust my schedule a few times and it’s always better to do longer dark period to get on track. No biggie. Just figured I’d chime in and save him a little hassle if he does decide to adjust his photoperiod timing.

715CREEKS

715CREEKS

Yeah over the years I’ve had to adjust my schedule a few times and it’s always better to do longer dark period to get on track. No biggie. Just figured I’d chime in and save him a little hassle if he does decide to adjust his photoperiod timing.

@JWM2 @Erick31876
Is there a different nute I could start now to help or do you think I should start again?

Seraphine

Seraphine

I’d rather have colder temps at night than high humidity. Is 18c/64f as cold as it will get inside the tent if you open a vent? If so, that’s not bad. Get that humidity out of there.

Erick31876

Erick31876

I wouldn't start over since you're already close to being finished I would just cut back on them and cut out the PK booster you only use that in very late vege and early flower. Just let it finish what do you have to lose

Erick31876

Erick31876

@JWM2 @Erick31876
Is there a different nute I could start now to help or do you think I should start again?
I'm not familiar with them nutrients I never used any of them kinds . You can go on green leaf nutrients.com and get a free sample of their Mega crop. That is what I use I haven't had a problem with it. Their free sample is enough to do about 7 or 8 plants all the way through .Their free sample is enough to do about 7 or 8 plants all the way through . I haven't even had to use Cal mag or anything along with it.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I’d rather have colder temps at night than high humidity. Is 18c/64f as cold as it will get inside the tent if you open a vent? If so, that’s not bad. Get that humidity out of there.

Personally if it’s getting cold at night I’d run your lights at night. Then during the night they won’t get so much humidity. You do need better air flow though and fresher intake air. Having old stale air in there is not making them happy and with high humidity you’re asking for fungus problems. Which will leave you with no other options but to chop and start over after a thorough cleaning. So you’ll have to address it at some point and you might as well do it now. The sooner you get things on the right track the quicker you’ll get the results you’re after. Until then you’ll chase your tail and scratch your head wondering what else could go wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom