First grow - need help diagnosing

• Thread starter sirwaltahj5
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sirwaltahj5

sirwaltahj5

These are on day 34 from sprout. Being grown currently in 3 gallon pots of 75% Fox Farms Happy Frog / 25% Perlite. Temps are 27c/80 with 60-65 RH in the day and 20c/68f 60-65 RH at night. They were given tap water left out for 24 hrs(around 300 ppm ph'ed to 6.5) since spout and a bacterial product called Miicrobial Mass every two weeks until 12 days ago when i fed them the first time. I fed them what is suggest for seedlings in the Greenleaf Mega Crop line. i.e. Mega Crop, Sea-K Kelp Extract and Sweet Candy and it came out around 600 ppm. The next watering after that was straight water and the next time i fed them it was 750 ppm. I've always ph'ed to 6.3-6.5 and I water until i get some runoff and wait until they are completely dry(3-5 days). My lights are led qb's roughly 20 inches from the plants at 26k lux.

Image1 3jpeg
Untitled2jpg
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

These are on day 34 from sprout. Being grown currently in 3 gallon pots of 75% Fox Farms Happy Frog / 25% Perlite. Temps are 27c/80 with 60-65 RH in the day and 20c/68f 60-65 RH at night. They were given tap water left out for 24 hrs(around 300 ppm ph'ed to 6.5) since spout and a bacterial product called Miicrobial Mass every two weeks until 12 days ago when i fed them the first time. I fed them what is suggest for seedlings in the Greenleaf Mega Crop line. i.e. Mega Crop, Sea-K Kelp Extract and Sweet Candy and it came out around 600 ppm. The next watering after that was straight water and the next time i fed them it was 750 ppm. I've always ph'ed to 6.3-6.5 and I water until i get some runoff and wait until they are completely dry(3-5 days). My lights are led qb's roughly 20 inches from the plants at 26k lux.

Your night time humidity should be around 45. What is the npk of each of your nutrients?

Your plants probably needed nutes like N n Mg like trips said. You are in happy frog...well isnt that kind of light on nutes? Not as light as light warrior but not as strong as ffof...

PK_Blunt420

PK_Blunt420

if your tap water is coming out at 300pmm that's really hard water when you ph your water do you just ph it to 6.5 and water cause if you do its most likely rising again after half hr to a hr and if it doing it in the water it is also doing it in your soil you mentioned 3-5 day dry out 3 days is okay i aim for 2 but from what info you gave me is your water isn't balancing easily i try phing your water and then letting it sit for hr and check you ph again sometimes it takes a few hours to ph hard water but don't add to much at once or itll drop really hard and wont come back up easily . if your ph is raising then you'll get lock out and you'll wanna make sure your getting perfect 6.4-6.5 ph water into the pot and then start adding nutes again slowly but you should do a foliar feed of the sea kelp you have id recommend using a low dose with a light mist to help them start feeding again while you fix the ph balance in your pot. and for the mico mass you have do you mix it with eyenzems or a tea or carbs and are you letting it sit for 18-24hr befor using it.

PK_Blunt420

PK_Blunt420

if your tap water is coming out at 300pmm that's really hard water when you ph your water do you just ph it to 6.5 and water cause if you do its most likely rising again after half hr to a hr and if it doing it in the water it is also doing it in your soil you mentioned 3-5 day dry out 3 days is okay i aim for 2 but from what info you gave me is your water isn't balancing easily i try phing your water and then letting it sit for hr and check you ph again sometimes it takes a few hours to ph hard water but don't add to much at once or itll drop really hard and wont come back up easily . if your ph is raising then you'll get lock out and you'll wanna make sure your getting perfect 6.4-6.5 ph water into the pot and then start adding nutes again slowly but you should do a foliar feed of the sea kelp you have id recommend using a low dose with a light mist to help them start feeding again while you fix the ph balance in your pot. and for the mico mass you have do you mix it with eyenzems or a tea or carbs and are you letting it sit for 18-24hr befor using it.
Its also best to ph your water befor adding the mico mass

sirwaltahj5

sirwaltahj5

They look hungry for nitrogen and or magnesium and over or underwatered.
When this photo was taken i think they were underwatered. I waited 4-5 days to water them and they perked up right after

sirwaltahj5

sirwaltahj5

Your night time humidity should be around 45. What is the npk of each of your nutrients?

Your plants probably needed nutes like N n Mg like trips said. You are in happy frog...well isnt that kind of light on nutes? Not as light as light warrior but not as strong as ffof...
I believe it is lighter than the others. Mega Crop is 9-6-17, Sea Kelp is 0-0-15 and Sweet Candy is 0-17-28

sirwaltahj5

sirwaltahj5

At first i was watering right after ph but the last time i did it a few hours before and the ph went from 6.5 to 6.6 so i lowered it again. I've never done a foliar feed they kind of freak me out because i keep reading not to get nutes of the leaves, when would be the best time of day to do that? as for the miicrobial mass i added calmag, nutes and ph'ed and let it sit for 2 hours and then readjusted ph and added miicrobial mass and fed right away.

sirwaltahj5

sirwaltahj5

So i think i figured out what the issue probably is.. the cheap PH pen i got was giving me readings that were way off. I ordered a more expensive Apera and it's giving me drastically different readings. My current nutrient solution on my old ph pen reads 6.4 and on my new one reads 5.8. So that would mean when i thought i was feeding 6.5 it was 6.1 and my last feeding of 6.3 was more like 5.7. Any suggestions on where to go from here? I need to water tomorrow so should i flush with pure water at the correct ph and check runoff until it comes out the same? Sigh live and learn lol

PK_Blunt420

PK_Blunt420

At first i was watering right after ph but the last time i did it a few hours before and the ph went from 6.5 to 6.6 so i lowered it again. I've never done a foliar feed they kind of freak me out because i keep reading not to get nutes of the leaves, when would be the best time of day to do that? as for the miicrobial mass i added calmag, nutes and ph'ed and let it sit for 2 hours and then readjusted ph and added miicrobial mass and fed right away.
Ill explain how i water my plants so i have 3 different waterings i do first one is my micro grow blow thrive (vitamins) maxx (root and soil) and cal mag second watering is micro grow bloom flower ( booster) frost (terpene booster) and my 3 is what i call a flush and the humic acid carbs but every second flush day in flower i mix the mico mass in my water the day befor i use it with enzymes komplete i water every other day and balance my pots so if one really dry ill give it the full amount i normally would and if ones still kinda heavy ill give it alot less so it should be dryed out but the next watering

PK_Blunt420

PK_Blunt420

Have you been calibrating your ph pens and storying them with the storage solution or ph 4 cal solution is okay to store the prob in

sirwaltahj5

sirwaltahj5

Have you been calibrating your ph pens and storying them with the storage solution or ph 4 cal solution is okay to store the prob in
the cheap one i just calibrated with the 3 buffering powders it came with when i got it. the new one i got comes with ph 7 cal solution and storage solution i can add to the cap to keep it covered

GooberfrupstateNY

GooberfrupstateNY

I'm on my third grow and each one gets better than the first. Ont thing I did after my first is switch to "collected" rainwater. It's not as hard as it looks to be, getting rainwater, that is. I live in the N'East and even today I managed to put several barrels under my roof and collected enough for tomorrow's watering. Just let t sit overnight and check its PH. . .if this is ultimately the problem, that is.

PK_Blunt420

PK_Blunt420

the cheap one i just calibrated with the 3 buffering powders it came with when i got it. the new one i got comes with ph 7 cal solution and storage solution i can add to the cap to keep it covered
that weird it came with a 3 and in powders most ph require ph 7 and a 4 or 10 to calibrate and yea store in the solution whenever not using it and should only need to be calibrated every month or 2

sirwaltahj5

sirwaltahj5

I'm on my third grow and each one gets better than the first. Ont thing I did after my first is switch to "collected" rainwater. It's not as hard as it looks to be, getting rainwater, that is. I live in the N'East and even today I managed to put several barrels under my roof and collected enough for tomorrow's watering. Just let t sit overnight and check its PH. . .if this is ultimately the problem, that is.
That's a good idea. I will definitely look into it

sirwaltahj5

sirwaltahj5

Now that i can correctly figure out ph what would be best to flush with? 6.3? 6.5? I'm assuming straight water would be best

GooberfrupstateNY

GooberfrupstateNY

Ill explain how i water my plants so i have 3 different waterings i do first one is my micro grow blow thrive (vitamins) maxx (root and soil) and cal mag second watering is micro grow bloom flower ( booster) frost (terpene booster) and my 3 is what i call a flush and the humic acid carbs but every second flush day in flower i mix the mico mass in my water the day befor i use it with enzymes komplete i water every other day and balance my pots so if one really dry ill give it the full amount i normally would and if ones still kinda heavy ill give it alot less so it should be dryed out but the next watering
Interesting. . .that's been working out for you I assume. How did you come by this method?

Top Bottom