First grow need some help with these seedlings please!

• Thread starter CeeJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CeeJ

Hey this is my first grow I have 3 seedlings I’m using happy frog with no extra additives there on day 8 can anyone help me with them they seem to not be doing the best

First grow need some help with these seedlings please
Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Ok thank you it just worry’s me when I go online nd see these huge seedlings that are the same age as mine lmao
Yeah dude they look good! The worst thing you can do is compare your grow to somebody else's. Nothing about the environment, genetics, or anything will be the same so neither will the results. Dont do it to yourself haha

C

CeeJ

Yeah dude they look good! The worst thing you can do is compare your grow to somebody else's. Nothing about the environment, genetics, or anything will be the same so neither will the results. Dont do it to yourself haha
Thank you a lot man do you know when I should start feeding with this happy frog soil I was thinking maybe day 10 or start of week 3 not to sure tho

C

CeeJ

They look good just keep doing what you're doing. My only question is how much and how often do you water?
When about a finger deep into the soil is dry so about every other to every 2 days with 20-50 ml of phd water I spray the top soil a couple times a day to make sure they don’t dry out

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

When about a finger deep into the soil is dry so about every other to every 2 days with 20-50 ml of phd water I spray the top soil a couple times a day to make sure they don’t dry out
I would give them more water at a time and as a result probably more time in between. It's hard to tell what size container they're in but I doubt 50 ml is soaking very deep into the dry soil. You want to saturate the entire medium to encourage root growth and spread otherwise you can develop 'dry zones'.

If those plants were mine I'd probably be giving them around 500 ml each per watering. It may seem a lot but overwatering comes from watering too often not too much at once, I think your plants are ready to handle that much water imo.

But at the same time like I said, they look good with what you're doing that's just my 2 cents and what I would do

C

CeeJ

I would give them more water at a time and as a result probably more time in between. It's hard to tell what size container they're in but I doubt 50 ml is soaking very deep into the dry soil. You want to saturate the entire medium to encourage root growth and spread otherwise you can develop 'dry zones'.

If those plants were mine I'd probably be giving them around 500 ml each per watering. It may seem a lot but overwatering comes from watering too often not too much at once, I think your plants are ready to handle that much water imo.

But at the same time like I said, they look good with what you're doing that's just my 2 cents and what I would do
ohh ok wow I was scared to give them that much water I’ll definitely give them more next time also is it bad for my leafs to be kind of twisted/wrinkled

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

ohh ok wow I was scared to give them that much water I’ll definitely give them more next time also is it bad for my leafs to be kind of twisted/wrinkled
Well it's not ideal but probably okay. Sometimes growing in Happy frog I notice the first set of leaves or so will have a wrinkled look similar to yours. I think this is just stress due to the nutrients in the soil that the plant isn't particularly ready for yet. Here's an example from my current Peyote gorilla grow when they were seedlings
IMG 20220606 164301865

C

CeeJ

Well it's not ideal but probably okay. Sometimes growing in Happy frog I notice the first set of leaves or so will have a wrinkled look similar to yours. I think this is just stress due to the nutrients in the soil that the plant isn't particularly ready for yet. Here's an example from my current Peyote gorilla grow when they were seedlingsView attachment 1265870
It’s been a little hot in the tent too I was thinking that might be it I’m also worried about these white spots on one of the leafs I’m not sure if its mildew

1F4EC4CB 5B5C 433F 87F1 C0AE665A7038
Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

It’s been a little hot in the tent too I was thinking that might be it I’m also worried about these white spots on one of the leafs I’m not sure if its mildew
Sorry man that's about where my help stops, I'm not much more of a beginner than you maybe someone else will chime in with more knowledge about powdery mildew

C

CeeJ

Some people lie and tell you they are 8 days old to impress and in reality they are much older.
That would make a lot of sense cause some of the stuff I have seen can’t be true haha do you know anything about powdery mildew by a chance?

cshell

cshell

That would make a lot of sense cause some of the stuff I have seen can’t be true haha do you know anything about powdery mildew by a chance?
Doesn't look like PM. Probably a little residue from watering. The plants look fine.

Sunasun

Sunasun

Looks like spider mite damage. Check the underside of the leaves It could be residue from you spraying all the time. Stop that. Fully saturate, then let your medium dry out between waterings. Stop using your finger on your plant, check by weight. When pot is light, time to water.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Hi, too much watering, RH and lack of airflow contribute to it, I have had seeds that took time to germinate and have had powder on my soil surface and used cinnamen to top layer with success,bud rot you can trim some spots earlier and make room and blast fresh air. I don't usually grow strains with real tight internodes because I live in a very humid area.

Top Bottom