first grow ???? pleas help

• Thread starter maxamillian1989
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

maxamillian1989

high i was jw if any one could give me and idea of how much my yeild will be this grow i have 4 1000 watt lights 15 plants all in 3 gallon pots i am using advance i have b-52 bigbud overdrive budfactorx nirvana grow micro bloom vodo jucie rhino skin i keep my room at 80 my room ppm is about700 and they are in the 6 week of budding for veg i only used grow micro bloom rhino skin and vodo juice was low on $$$ i also have clearx when should i use it

Bannacis

Bannacis

Its hard foe anybody to guess your yield, when so many factors come in to play. type of strain, size of plants, using co2, you experience...so on.... but the benchmark is .5 grams per watt. so that's 500 grams per 1000 watt, x 4 is 2000 grams. that's using (SOG) sea of green.
that is if every thing is at peak performance.

M

maxamillian1989

i am doing northern lights they are about 5
feet and 5 in

Bannacis

Bannacis

they look real good, the lower branches look like they might not get much light, some super cropping and tying the branches down to spread em out more will allow more light to penetrate the lower branches.
also lolly popping (cutting off the lower branches) your plants will help increase your bud size too.
You deff got some major trees tho... can't dis that,,,lol
let us know your total dry weight.
then maybe try 5 gallon buckets and do the super cropping, when you tie down all your branches, and use a screen to train them, all the buds will be even on growth and size.
and since they spread out you should be able to use fewer plants.

just an opinion, cause they doo look niice.... good job max :D

M

maxamillian1989

they look real good, the lower branches look like they might not get much light, some super cropping and tying the branches down to spread em out more will allow more light to penetrate the lower branches.
also lolly popping (cutting off the lower branches) your plants will help increase your bud size too.
You deff got some major trees tho... can't dis that,,,lol
let us know your total dry weight.
then maybe try 5 gallon buckets and do the super cropping, when you tie down all your branches, and use a screen to train them, all the buds will be even on growth and size.
and since they spread out you should be able to use fewer plants.

just an opinion, cause they doo look niice.... good job max :D

i was under the impression that cutting of the leaves would stress the plant out and thank u on that saying i am doing a good job i put alot of time and money to it my leaves are dying now should that happen like the leafs look like they are burning should i take some pics

M

maxamillian1989

i also read people get 2 pounds per 1000 watt light how do i go about doing that and what do u mean with the screen how does that help and how do i do it i am new at this thanks

joehank

joehank

Depending on your strain, seeing some leaves starting to die is not a big deal to worry about seeing that you are on week 6. However posting a few pics will help us to see if it's something other than the natural process, like maybe a deficiency or something. As far as trimming off leaves, again everyone has their own ideas on that, but most will trim up the bottom of plant that gets no light anyway, and then some will trim the big leaves that are blocking some buds. Your room looks nice and neat. What are your temps at night?

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

i dont get how people have such big rooms that look green and dank as fuck and they ask simple questions like this. im no expert but i feel i know a little bit and i cant keep my shit looking half as good as people asking how many hours of light. haha wtf.

shit looks good. larf or not with what you're rockin im sure you'll find some use for it. hope to be able to see the progress.

M

maxamillian1989

some pictures of my leaves and plants is it because i am now on week 7 tomorrow or is it some build up or deficiency

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Damn bro, you got some big ass plants. Now if you wanna get anywhere close to 2 lbs per light your gonna have to do alot of reading and researching training techniques. Topping and tieing down branches to make an even canopy is how I train my plants, but there are other ways so your just gonna have to read alot and pick the method you feel most comfortable doing. You are also gonna want to look into hydroponics, plants grow faster in hydro so if yield is a main concern try hempy buckets, its a passive hydro system that makes it easy for soil growers to transition into hydro without using a res, pumps, piping ect., coco coir is another medium where people get big yields.

Honestly, theres just too much to talk about, so research alot on training plants and read some peoples grow journals that train there plants so you get an understanding of how it works and also research hydro, good luck bro.

P.S. It's almost impossible for most people to estimate how much your gonna yield just by looking at your plants. So start with a goal in mind (1.5 lbs per light) and find out ways to hit your mark then apply that to your grow room.

Bannacis

Bannacis

super cropping is started when the plant is young, you top the branches and usually two branches will grow from that.
and each branch you kinda roll the stem between your fingers(to soften it up some)and bend the branch out word. you can tie it 0r weigh it down so it
will grow out. if you don't it will perk back up.
as the plant gets bigger and the more topping and bending you do,it will spread out. this will also strengthen the branch.
the wider the better. If you use a screen or netting you position it over the plant, either by hanging from twine or using stakes or something similar.
the screen or netting should be 3-4 inch square. as your plant grows out you maneuver the branches to its own square. this will keep your canopy level so you will have better light coverage.
any branches below should be removed so all you energy for growth is put into the tops.
I made my own screen netting using 1x2 wood slats aprox 4ft x 4ft made a square frame. put in nails about every 3 inches all around, then just used twine and cris crossed them back and forth
to create a pattern like chicken fence. then hanged it from top. I was only doing a small 4x4 grow box. so for a much larger room...ie yours...lol you will have to do some research and figuring.
maybe try it with a few and see how it goes.

But I seen quite a few large scale grows that use that method, they get massive yields and their girls are less than 3 feet high at finish.
google super cropping, ,scrog and LST Low stress training. on youtube remember to check out as much as you can, some peeps put a big hurting on their girls, you can get lots of ideas and try to
come up with what works for you.

this is an example of scrog... big girl plus theres bunch more vids to look at.

either way you go, you'll do fine mang...

about your problem, hard to say, is this your first flush? does your medium dry out before you water?
how about your fresh air exchange? Humidity?
80 is a little high if your not adding co2.
Hows your water? ph? city tap? if so and your going straight from tap it will prolly have chlorine and chloramine in it.
chlorine can be aired out, (sitting over night) in bucket with a air bubbler. chloramine needs filtering.
both those will kill the beneficial bacteria goodies in your soil and can cause lock up.
the wilting at tips of leave looks like an over watering.
how close are lights to buds?

many many things at this point... hope this helps, keep us post max ;)

M

maxamillian1989

super cropping is started when the plant is young, you top the branches and usually two branches will grow from that.
and each branch you kinda roll the stem between your fingers(to soften it up some)and bend the branch out word. you can tie it 0r weigh it down so it
will grow out. if you don't it will perk back up.
as the plant gets bigger and the more topping and bending you do,it will spread out. this will also strengthen the branch.
the wider the better. If you use a screen or netting you position it over the plant, either by hanging from twine or using stakes or something similar.
the screen or netting should be 3-4 inch square. as your plant grows out you maneuver the branches to its own square. this will keep your canopy level so you will have better light coverage.
any branches below should be removed so all you energy for growth is put into the tops.
I made my own screen netting using 1x2 wood slats aprox 4ft x 4ft made a square frame. put in nails about every 3 inches all around, then just used twine and cris crossed them back and forth
to create a pattern like chicken fence. then hanged it from top. I was only doing a small 4x4 grow box. so for a much larger room...ie yours...lol you will have to do some research and figuring.
maybe try it with a few and see how it goes.

But I seen quite a few large scale grows that use that method, they get massive yields and their girls are less than 3 feet high at finish.
google super cropping, ,scrog and LST Low stress training. on youtube remember to check out as much as you can, some peeps put a big hurting on their girls, you can get lots of ideas and try to
come up with what works for you.

this is an example of scrog... big girl plus theres bunch more vids to look at.

either way you go, you'll do fine mang...

about your problem, hard to say, is this your first flush? does your medium dry out before you water?
how about your fresh air exchange? Humidity?
80 is a little high if your not adding co2.
Hows your water? ph? city tap? if so and your going straight from tap it will prolly have chlorine and chloramine in it.
chlorine can be aired out, (sitting over night) in bucket with a air bubbler. chloramine needs filtering.
both those will kill the beneficial bacteria goodies in your soil and can cause lock up.
the wilting at tips of leave looks like an over watering.
how close are lights to buds?

many many things at this point... hope this helps, keep us post max ;)

to start my co2 ppms are at 950 allt het time i have co2 tank and like 5 c02 bags for water i have a hydro logic water filter humidity is 44 no fresh air coming in room is seald but i have the c02 for that my ph is always at 6.8 when i water them i am going to strart just using the cleax for the next 3 days and water for the next 12 days then harvest
ps i had to kill 3 plants to day i walked in my room and one of my ballast stop working so now my buds going to taste funny can i fix that best ways to cure and dry buds so they smell and taste great i dont wanna have shity nug

L

lndodro

I'd raise my co2ppm to 1,200-1,500 and drop my ph 5.4-5.8.Your plants don't look bad, g'luck

Bannacis

Bannacis

ph 5.4-5.8 is for hydro... 6.2 -6.5 for soiless. don't need co2 with lights off. iknow you can't turn off bags, but the tank you can.
your ballest off, why you think your buds will taste funny, did the plants completely die? and dry? be more specific on that. only that you didn't flush?
if you do the dry and cure normally, maybe make hash or butter. that way you wont get the nasty taste from improper flush.

M

maxamillian1989

yea the ones i cut idown the other day i did nto flush but just started my flushing to day on the ones left

Bannacis

Bannacis

thats the smell you want....:D...if they smell like hay,grass or ammonia then they are bunk.

Top Bottom