First Grow Please Help

• Thread starter aceboogie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
aceboogie

aceboogie

EBay $30 950 gph commercial air pump. I'm running 2 right now on 2 buckets. But one is a 10gal bucket. They ain't quiet but the plants will love it.

Here's the link, I'd buy as big as you could afford, like 1100gph or 1500gph. But the 950 will help a lot if your using the lil junk ones they give you with the buckets. I end up using them to bubble my tap water.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/O2-Commercial...Aquaponics-Fish-Pond-/281830649643?nav=SEARCH
:cry: i am using those weak pumps that came with it i will be buyin a new one in 2 days lol but hydroguard is on its way and should be here may 1

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I just run 1tsp (5ml) of the hydroguard (hg) in 3 gal. If your nets are like mine it's about 3 gal to the bottom of the net. I add it at every change. It lasts forever.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

ok most definitly going to try.What nutes do you use during your veg
Currently I'm running advanced nutrients ph perfect 3part for veg until I get the connoisseur veg. Right now I'm running Connoisseur bloom in flower.

That being said General hydroponics 3 part is a great base .So is floronova bloom from start to finish. I swear it works great and is cheap and easy.
I haven't ran anything else.

aceboogie

aceboogie

Currently I'm running advanced nutrients ph perfect 3part for veg until I get the connoisseur veg. Right now I'm running Connoisseur bloom in flower.

That being said General hydroponics 3 part is a great base .So is floronova bloom from start to finish. I swear it works great and is cheap and easy.

looks like i will be ordering those my next check lol but hydroguard should be here today .just bought a cfl 125 watt for my clones figure to veg under this light for 2 weeks then transfer to the big boy light.still cant wait for the pump super excited

aceboogie

aceboogie

As far as nutes you should be in the 500ppm (min 250-300) range with those. Get a pen asap. You'll need calibration liquids eventually soon. You need ph pen also.
i really dont know anything about ppm could you give me a break down

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Ok, I'm no pro but been at this a while. I'll break it down like i know it. Ppm is basically the amount of nutrients/minerals in your water. Ppm means parts per million. But don't trip in the technical shit. It gets intimidating. Ro water is 0ppm and tap can range from 25ppm to 400ppm is what I've seen depending on where your at. When you add nutes to water you're raising the ppm. It's just a accurate way to measure the ammout of nutrientsi n the water. And to see if the plants are using up nutrients after they have drank the water down.

Basically I use a pen on the 500 scale. More technical shit, but you need to know which one to buy. if you're gonna use what I say.

Depending on nutrients 150-250 ppm is in the 1/8 to 1/4 strength range. And the nutes I've used in hydro 1000ppm is usually the max I ever run. And full bottle strength is usually close to that.

aceboogie

aceboogie

Ok, I'm no pro but been at this a while. I'll break it down like i know it. Ppm is basically the amount of nutrients/minerals in your water. Ppm means parts per million. But don't trip in the technical shit. It gets intimidating. Ro water is 0ppm and tap can range from 25ppm to 400ppm is what I've seen depending on where your at. When you add nutes to water you're raising the ppm. It's just a accurate way to measure the ammout of nutrientsi n the water. And to see if the plants are using up nutrients after they have drank the water down.

Basically I use a pen on the 500 scale. More technical shit, but you need to know which one to buy. if you're gonna use what I say.

Depending on nutrients 150-250 ppm is in the 1/8 to 1/4 strength range. And the nutes I've used in hydro 1000ppm is usually the max I ever run. And full bottle strength is usually close to that.
ok so i want to keep my ppm at around 500 so if it lowers do i just add more nutes

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Yea I'd say 500 on the high end and 250 on the low. In that range. Prob better to start low and raise from there. So start 250-300 and see how they react.

ken dog

ken dog

ok cool so if i exceed that number accidenly any way to lower it

Think about what would happen if you put a gallon of pure water through it... That would lower it wouldn't it?

if you need to lower it a little, use a little water... If you need to lower it a lot, use a lot of water.

aceboogie

aceboogie

just go my air pump in took forever to receive it.1100 gph running four plants but heres a pic and no more root rot build up. Going to flip light in 2 weeks so lets see what i can benifit from the new pump and just ordered AN conn. bloom suppose to be here in time for preflowering

CAM01104
CAM01103
aceboogie

aceboogie

so just go my AN connoisseur bloom a&b in was wondering if i am going to flipm light n abou a week are two shlould i start preflowering and using a small dosage of the nutes andalso have bud candy when.is best to start using that

i just got in connoisseur bloon

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

so just go my AN connoisseur bloom a&b in was wondering if i am going to flipm light n abou a week are two shlould i start preflowering and using a small dosage of the nutes andalso have bud candy when.is best to start using that

i just got in connoisseur bloon

Keep running grow for the first couple weeks after flip. Once bud sites are forming then switch. I'm running same nutes

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Ok cool will do so do you run.bud candy as well?
Yea I run base nutes and budcandy in flower. I'm gettin ready to switch to mills, and I think I'm gonna give their boosters a chance. There are only 3 and make since to me. But will be starting with just the base A&B. I'm out of budcandy so I'll prob buy their sweetener or finisher first I haven't decided

aceboogie

aceboogie

Yea I run base nutes and budcandy in flower. I'm gettin ready to switch to mills, and I think I'm gonna give their boosters a chance. There are only 3 and make since to me. But will be starting with just the base A&B. I'm out of budcandy so I'll prob buy their sweetener or finisher first I haven't decided
yea i haven heard of mills goin to look that up asap i am going to buy big bud and bud blood for the last of my flower nutes so i will be using
connoisseur bloom prt a&b
bud candy
big bud
bud blood
what do you think,and thanks fi tge hydroguard referall helped out

Top Bottom