**First Grow** (PUDC, Sour Power) Pt.2- Spider Farmer SE5000 Journal

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moeboi

Moeboi

Lol ion know what it was I trimmed all affected leaves changed soil and watered like crazy and didn't see it no more
And I was using miracle gro soil. 1st big mistake and I didn't have proper lighting I was using 4 different lights eventually plants got use to lights and grew till the end lol

Observationist

Observationist

And I was using miracle gro soil. 1st big mistake and I didn't have proper lighting I was using 4 different lights eventually plants got use to lights and grew till the end lol
yup dont use thatstuff for cannabis lol

Dothraki

Dothraki

Update:

So, after seeing the strange chewed up spots (pics posted yesterday) I decided to grab some cal/mag. I’ve also been fertigating more frequently, instead of every 4 days went to every 3rd, now it’s every other day. I’d like to be fertigating every day by the end of next week. Anyways...PUDC#1, Lemongrass and the runt all got cal/mag. 2.5 ml/gallon for PUDC#1 and 5ml for Lemongrass. PUDC#1 was the one with the most chewed up looking spots, wtf why did my font get bigger lol. The PUDC#1 does not show any progression. In fact, it looks less like open wounds and more like it healed up for the most part. It was the only plant with the chewed up looking stuff. And now that I think of it....I wonder if it was just rubbing against the mylar from the fan. I’ll inspect more tomorrow.

But here they are now 6 weeks 1 day later. 8th day of 12/12. It‘ll all set in once I start seeing buds form.
9A54AAB6 FA1E 4050 A751 E51C316EC79A

296BF11B 70FF 4818 BC1A E322D4808E59

Lights were upped to 85% power and lowered to 27” from PUDC#2 to 17” from the runt. PUDC#1 about 19” and Lemongrass around 23”. If new growth is faster and more healthy closest to lights I will prop up the others tomorrow.

so: 85%, 17-27” from canopy

Last edited:
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Even if the bottom branches are the tallest and best looking?
If you don't want to chop those branches, at least defoliate the vegetation that is under the canopy. It's not going to get enough light to produce anything but larf anyway. So yes, keep them if you feel you need them but strip them from about 1/4 to 1/3 down the branch all the way to the main stem. Removing that will allow better air flow. Leaving them will create extra humidity in less than desirable light which could lead to some unwanted health issues down the road.

Jakecan

Jakecan

Plants look great! Also, those leaves you were worried about at the bottom of your plant won't recover. You might as well pull them as they aren't doing much good anyways. New growth looks great!

Dothraki

Dothraki

Is it really light colored or just the pic lighting making it look like that?
They are a lighter green...but it’s exaggerated a little by the light. I’ll throw up a pic under fluorescents tomorrow.

If you don't want to chop those branches, at least defoliate the vegetation that is under the canopy. It's not going to get enough light to produce anything but larf anyway. So yes, keep them if you feel you need them but strip them from about 1/4 to 1/3 down the branch all the way to the main stem. Removing that will allow better air flow. Leaving them will create extra humidity in less than desirable light which could lead to some unwanted health issues down the road.
It seems the gigantic leaves from the top and middle are covering everything...should I take those off or just lower stuff?
Plants look great! Also, those leaves you were worried about at the bottom of your plant won't recover. You might as well pull them as they aren't doing much good anyways. New growth looks great!
I did take some bad ones off today...maybe hit the rest tomorrow but, I read that 3 weeks into veg is better for defoliating and pruning. Is that right?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

They are a lighter green...but it’s exaggerated a little by the light. I’ll throw up a pic under fluorescents tomorrow.

It seems the gigantic leaves from the top and middle are covering everything...should I take those off or just lower stuff?

I did take some bad ones off today...maybe hit the rest tomorrow but, I read that 3 weeks into veg is better for defoliating and pruning. Is that right?
You can remove old/spent leaves which is what a previous poster was suggesting. If you can move the fan leaves that are blocking things out of the way, go ahead and do that. If the fans are blocking foliage that is on the lower 1/3 to 1/4 of the plant and inwards towards the main stem, you'll be removing that anyway so try to avoid cutting the large fans if you can. As for a good trimming, you're fine doing some right now but go slow there's no rush. You'll want to have your under the canopy area cleared before you flip to 12/12. A little at a time is my approach. It seems to be working for me.

growsince79

growsince79

My buds grow stickier under huge fan leaves.

Dothraki

Dothraki

You can remove old/spent leaves which is what a previous poster was suggesting. If you can move the fan leaves that are blocking things out of the way, go ahead and do that. If the fans are blocking foliage that is on the lower 1/3 to 1/4 of the plant and inwards towards the main stem, you'll be removing that anyway so try to avoid cutting the large fans if you can. As for a good trimming, you're fine doing some right now but go slow there's no rush. You'll want to have your under the canopy area cleared before you flip to 12/12. A little at a time is my approach. It seems to be working for me.
I’m already a week into flower. How detrimental is it to prune and defoliate during flower?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
plants look good, a little hungry. you'll want to be bumping up the feed a little bit at this point. stretch requires more N than veg does and you'll end up running into other deficiencies as well soon without bumping up the nutrients a little bit. looking healthy none the less!

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I’m already a week into flower. How detrimental is it to prune and defoliate during flower?
different medias, but here's day 21 pre-strip:

DSC 0252

Here's day 21 post strip:

DSC 0282

Here's about a week ago (don't have a pic from the same spot as of today):

DSC 0310

My point being, so long everything is healthy, and you approach it correctly, there's no impact. That last pic is a joke compared to what they look like today. Keep in mind, I'm in rockwool, with a fully dialed environment. Given your constraints, DO NOT GO AS HEAVY AS I DID. DO NOT GO AS HAVE AS I DID. I don't think I need to repeat that a third time. Defoliating in flower will have minimal impact if you're selective with what you take off. In my case, it had minimal impact simply because I'm in a system that is the equivalent of a top fuel dragster. Your mileage WILL vary if you try this, but I'm trying to prove a point. Be cautious, but don't be scared.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
different medias, but here's day 21 pre-strip:

View attachment 1201663

Here's day 21 post strip:

View attachment 1201664

Here's about a week ago (don't have a pic from the same spot as of today):

View attachment 1201665

My point being, so long everything is healthy, and you approach it correctly, there's no impact. That last pic is a joke compared to what they look like today. Keep in mind, I'm in rockwool, with a fully dialed environment. Given your constraints, DO NOT GO AS HEAVY AS I DID. DO NOT GO AS HAVE AS I DID. I don't think I need to repeat that a third time. Defoliating in flower will have minimal impact if you're selective with what you take off. In my case, it had minimal impact simply because I'm in a system that is the equivalent of a top fuel dragster. Your mileage WILL vary if you try this, but I'm trying to prove a point. Be cautious, but don't be scared.
Did you build your quantum boards? Looks good in there I plan to dabble with some hydro eventually…

Dothraki

Dothraki

So I think I finally understand what you guys meant when you said to strip the lower growth. I kept thinking you meant all the lower branches (which I’m sure some of you did, and is a method) but looking at it today it sort of clicked. Each main branch has node sites. Little bud sites were growing everywhere the small fan leaves were forming on the branches. So THOSE must be what uses up resources for the bigger buds towards the top of it‘s branch.

So I did some pruning today! Not aggressively but I think I actually did something that serves a purpose, unlike my mindlessly bending one of my plants into a question mark. But for some of the bud sites I did remove, I left the leaves on thinking they could still be used as a resource for the upper buds, collecting light. Well that part I’m just assuming but we’ll see how it works out.
FE185B7D 67D1 43CD BBBB F3704AFD0D8E

plus, I give mad love for popcorn nuggs. They‘re like little Jedi‘s in training, putting out terps to keep the pests at bay. And I will smoke em all up!

Top Bottom