First grow. Ready to harvest?

• Thread starter Nanni70
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FrankieG

FrankieG

Took a picture while cruising the garden a little while ago. This is an OG/Urkle cross that has had nothing but water since day one, she's been in the ground about a month. She was about 7" tall and was transplanted from a 3" pot on June 3rd. Zero nutrients.., water every day for the first week as the root balls were small....very 3 days since
IMG 0089

Ace9137

Ace9137

Oldman river and Frankieg have some serious knowledge, @Nanni70 , you should listen to them.

FrankieG

FrankieG

Yeah, I don't know what it is that gets inside the new grower. A couple of years back I had a young guy (he was probably 35-40) in the neighborhood that I helped with his first grow. I can't count the times he would send me an email about the newest bud builder or newest "miracle" nutrient he'd discovered while online. I must have saved him thousands that first season in nutes alone. He really had a hard time being in his garden and not fucking with things. I had the same affliction, but didn't have anyone to keep me in check. Consequently, I learned by losing a beautiful garden packed with trees by nutrient locking the bags and then over watering them in a very rookie attempt to flush the plants....it was devastating. The bags are long gone, and even though I only grow in the summer anymore, I build soil all year long, then plant 'em and let em rip. Definitely not serious knowledge, but knowledge every grower better grasp or he's headed for a disappointing October.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Yeah, I don't know what it is that gets inside the new grower.
I think the most important thing is a lack of understanding of the plant energy cycle. Chemistry explains it most cleanly, there can only be so many molecules of new plant per this many photons hitting a leaf. More nutes won't change the fact that plant growth is fundamentally constrained by the number of photons hitting chlorophyll. As men, we want to add something. So we buy shit, and poison our plants. Or we cut every green leaf off, "to direct energy to the buds".

Now, get off my lawn!

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Took a picture while cruising the garden a little while ago. This is an OG/Urkle cross that has had nothing but water since day one, she's been in the ground about a month. She was about 7" tall and was transplanted from a 3" pot on June 3rd. Zero nutrients.., water every day for the first week as the root balls were small....very 3 days sinceView attachment 879013
That's the leaf curl of a plant firing on all cylinders.

FrankieG

FrankieG

Yeah, I've been getting my seeds from a friend in Mendo for years, but she somehow must of forgotten to tell me about this particular strain. We were talking this off season and I mentioned to her that I was looking for an early finishing OG that was fire. I said I don't care about yield, or size, just a true OG or cross that'll do well in this climate, and she sent me these. I did an early top, some light super cropping to spread her out, and I won't touch her again until fall. I've got 4 of them in the garden this season, all from seed, but they look like they could be clones. She said they've been in her family for 20 years and are f7's There's some small variations in structure, but they're damn near identical. Solid genetics.

Rikismom420

Rikismom420

My stuff started getting more consistent when I quit studying pot growing, and started studying gardening/farming. The only thing different about weed is the extreme reaction to photoperiod. The principles that apply to tomatoes and peppers apply to weed. Good light, good drainage, good pH, and available nutrients.

What gets new weed growers into trouble, IMO, is a naive belief that you have to do special stuff, and conversely, that special stuff is more important than the basics. I see grow after grow where the grower is rambling on about the 17 things in his mix, which has given him a 3 foot scrawny stem with maybe 2 oz on it. I take simple care of a seed, and get trees.

Lotta ways to get there, no particular right one, but they all boil down to getting the foundation of good light, good drainage, good pH, and available nutrients right first.
Well you pretty much got that right.. hard to compare weed from dispensary which is kick ass btw for me anyway, so I gave in to most of the market info. But to me new world growing indoor,where outside it’s 85 65 humidity a lot I can’t get that humidity in my tent..I do know I can flower faster of course which is a bonus and I have mega pest outside and hate pesticides...just my 2 cents..thx for all info as always..
Happy growing
😇✨

N

Nanni70

Updates: seems like new fresh pistils have popped up
How much do i have to wait?

IMG 20190707 225517
IMG 20190707 225435
IMG 20190707 225427
IMG 20190707 225401
Top Bottom