First grow, self build grow closet with cfl lighting

• Thread starter blues frog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

shdowlkr

The leaves with the tips curled down, its typically from to much N in their diet. That with burnt tips is usually a solid indicator that you could be feeding to heavy.

Overall man they are looking great, thanks for the aroma description, I can smell'm here :)

B

blues frog

Rest of pics

Here are the clones in the big pots, plus two bag seed clones in small pots that have rooted a bit, but don't seem to be growing. Then its Blue cheese, Lavender, and Magic Bud. Oh, and an absolutely beautiful kitten.

Photo 0008
Photo 0011
Photo 0012
Photo 0013
Photo 0005
R

Rolln J

I would imagine the fruit fly looking things are fungus gnats, more annoying than anything, althugh it's my understanding they lay larvae that eat the fine hairs off the surface of your roots, and slow plant growth.

When I was reading about neem, it said you can use on fruiting plants on the day before harvest if neccassary. I cut a male down that had been neemed a couple of days previous, and when i dried a leaf to get an idea of taste, it tasted like neem smells, which I find rank. I mean the stuff made me gag, I can't stand the smell.

Will this go away on the male I am drying out, or will I have to just chuck it away?

never spray neem on plants more then 2 weeks into budding...

those are some very nice plants you got going - some of the best I have seen under cfls.

B

blues frog

The leaves with the tips curled down, its typically from to much N in their diet. That with burnt tips is usually a solid indicator that you could be feeding to heavy.

Overall man they are looking great, thanks for the aroma description, I can smell'm here :)
Shdw, yes I did overfeed last week. Been increasing their flowering feed week by week, and last week they showed the tip burn, so I will drop the feed back this week. Also didn't realise I should of cut the extra N in seaweed feed they've been getting, so thanks. I wondered at the curly leaves.

B

blues frog

never spray neem on plants more then 2 weeks into budding...

those are some very nice plants you got going - some of the best I have seen under cfls.
Thanks man. It's been an interesting few months.
Why not use neem after two weeks, is it taste, or does it do something else to the buds. I last used it about two weeks into flower, and all the bud hairs that were showing turned brown within an hour, but it all looks fine now

R

Rolln J

yeah for flavor - even though its organic and relatively safe its smells like stankass and what smells like stankass usually tastes like stankass...

seriously I never spray my plants with ANYTHING 2 weeks after blooming starts.

B

blues frog

yeah for flavor - even though its organic and relatively safe its smells like stankass and what smells like stankass usually tastes like stankass...

seriously I never spray my plants with ANYTHING 2 weeks after blooming starts.
Definately smells like skank, don't wanna be smoking that shit, especially as its being tested for its contraceptive possibilitys in India, who knows what it might do to me.

B

blues frog

Latest update

Here is a new set of pics of my first grow, and the candidates for my next grow. Enjoy, cause I know I'm gonna.

Photo 0017
Photo 0016
Photo 0015
Photo 0014
Photo 0013
Photo 0012
Photo 0011
Photo 0010
Photo 0009
Photo 0008
Photo 0018
Photo 0019
Photo 0020
Photo 0021
Photo 0022
Photo 0023
Photo 0024
Photo 0026
Photo 0027
Photo 0028
Photo 0029
Photo 0030
Photo 0031
Photo 0032
Photo 0033
Photo 0034
Photo 0035
B

blues frog

Yellowing leaves, tips curl down and go brown.

Is that caused by overwatering, you can see it on some clones and the seedlings.

S

shdowlkr

Is that caused by overwatering, you can see it on some clones and the seedlings.

What you have appears to be from hunger, not overwatering.
They all look great man! Buds are filling in very well!

B

blues frog

Small update

Here are a couple of new pics.

I was worried about the size of my buds, but now I can see how they are filling in I am not worried at all, cos they are looking lush. I think there is about two weeks to run on the mistys, although I can only find a couple of cloudy trichs on the oldest flower growth. Don't know about the bag seed, as it's an unknown quantity at the mo, although it does have a few cloudy trichomes, there is not very many yet.

Put two bag seed clones into the flower room today, only fairly young plants, but I think that is where I am going with this. I have found some rosepots online, 4" x 4" x 9" deep. I could fit up to 24 of them in my flowering room, and put two in per week/ harvest two per week, just small plants for flowering the main cola only, and use any lower branches for my next clones.

I have an extra light socket in the flowering room, so as soon as I can afford one I will get another 300 watt CFL, this time a mixed spectrum (half blue half red elements), and hopefully this will make the buds all the fatter and frostier (HOPEFULLY). Already tried putting my veg bulb in there for a bit and the temps were still managable.

How much difference does anyone think that will make to the yield, doubling the light to 600 watts, with 75% of it flower spectrum and 25% of it veg spectrum?

How long do Indicas and Sativas take to ripen off?

I know it will vary from strain to strain, even from plant to plant, but I am after a kind of average figure for each. I think I am going to leave them until most of the trichs are cloudy anyway, but would be nice to get an estimate.

Photo 0001
Photo 0002
Photo 0003
Photo 0004
Photo 0005
Photo 0006
Photo 0037
Photo 0039
B

blues frog

New seeds.

Just ordered 1 fem white widow and 1 fem alaskan ice. should be here in a couple of days, Got them from pick and mix seedbank, where you can order individual seeds.

J

jahgrower

they are looking nice mate
looking forward to check the harvest

B

blues frog

Not as much as I am. I SO want to know how much difference an extra 300 watt CFL will make to it as well.

B

blues frog

Oh, I forgot, all 8 of the cutting I took rooted, 6 did well straight away and the other two took a while longer, but seem fine now, so 8 out of 8 my first time.

Can't last, nothings ever that good.

whiplash

whiplash

blues frog, been following this thread closely and I have to say you have done a sweet job on your 1st try. Gives us rookies a little confidence that it can be done. I know you'll be happy when the gro is done and you can reap the rewards. Again , nice job

B

blues frog

blues frog, been following this thread closely and I have to say you have done a sweet job on your 1st try. Gives us rookies a little confidence that it can be done. I know you'll be happy when the gro is done and you can reap the rewards. Again , nice job

Thanks Whiplash, next few months will be better though I believe. Going to try a grower called Dr. Greenbuds techniques, adding a few clones every week in 25 fluid oz bottles, and growing many more small plants just for the main cola, vegging once they have rooted for a couple of weeks, then straight into 12/12. I have seen a couple of threads elsewhere about this and the yield seems much better than I am likely to get doing it the way I am now. Got to suss out keeping bonsai mothers first.

:character0103:

S

shdowlkr

blues frog said:
How much difference does anyone think that will make to the yield, doubling the light to 600 watts, with 75% of it flower spectrum and 25% of it veg spectrum?
It will help, no doubt, but IMO the issue of heat comes to mind with 300 more watts (or is it 300w equivalent?). The down side is, if this were HPS and you went from a 250hps to a 400hps, you'd not only see denser bud structure but longer main colas from the increased penetration of light into the canopy. You wont see the same level of increase doubling CFLs due to their lack of intensity, they just dont penetrate well.

NM all that and consider that first point, heat... if you can handle it run more lights :icon_cookie:

blues frog said:
How long do Indicas and Sativas take to ripen off?

Ohhh man, one of my favorite questions and my favorite answer is
"how long is a piece of string?"
lol
Each individual plant will be different.
Start checking trichs on indica dominant strains at 7 weeks (expect them to finish between 8-10 weeks)
Start checking them around week 9/10 for sativa dominants. keep in mind, some sativas can go for 100+ days ;)

Looking awesome in there BF! Congrads on the clones, thats a good hurdle to get behind ya.
Sure is a happy lady right there! Cant wait til ya :rasta:

Top Bottom