First Grow, Setup, Nutrients, Etc.

• Thread starter N4M
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N4M

N4M

Move them closer to the light, aim for 5000 lx range. (Use a free app for your smartphone).
I'm at about 23,000 lx

I turned the light resisters down all the way, I raised the light to 42", or 3 ft 6 in, and now I'm at 8650 lx

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

I'm at about 23,000 lx

I turned the light resisters down all the way, I raised the light to 42", or 3 ft 6 in, and now I'm at 8650 lx
LOL, ok then, I had it backwards! You were cooking them a bit, oops. Happens. You should be in good shape now!

N4M

N4M

My setup. I will be ordering the Inkbird humidity controller from Amazon. I got home after going to the hardware store and the tent was 82% oops! Turned everything off, took the plants out and put the light on 100% to dry it out. Right now, with the LED on low, 79.5°F / 71%

Unfortunately I think my Skywalker Ghost gave up and died. Maybe I took it out of germination and put it in the root riot too quickly. There wasn't much sprout but the seed did open and started the process. Though I want to start my other Skywalker seed, I think it's a good idea to stick with the 3. I will leave the Skywalker in there to see if it does anything for the next few days but I don't think so, I even put it in new root riot just in case. Initially I was watering with a little tap water (well, untested) as the root riot dried out, which was about 6.9PH. The last time it dried out due to the light intensity, I used Kroger purified drinkin water. Not sure the PH on that.

N4M

N4M

I looked into the lux and found:

HOW MUCH LIGHT DO YOUR CANNABIS PLANTS REQUIRE?

• Clones and seedlings: 5,000–7,000 lux
  • Vegetative growth: 15,000–50,000 lux
  • Flowering: 45,000–65,000 lux
  • Maximum recommended amount of light: 75,000 lux

I put my light up as high as it can go, and still on low setting. My light from the root riot is about 7200 lux now.

I've also started to germinate Bio Haze

GreatWhiteShart

GreatWhiteShart

When adding any water 💧 ph it, if you think its prob ok......ph it, if you buy 5.8 water ....ph it!

Also keep big bloom the f*&% outta your system, its organic and will cause havoc.

For flower you might want to get a second ts2000, its a great light, im using one atm, but i would not flower more than a 2x2 with it.

Other than that lookin good

N4M

N4M

When adding any water 💧 ph it, if you think its prob ok......ph it, if you buy 5.8 water ....ph it!

Also keep big bloom the f*&% outta your system, its organic and will cause havoc.

For flower you might want to get a second ts2000, its a great light, im using one atm, but i would not flower more than a 2x2 with it.

Other than that lookin good
Thanks for the suggestions! I will start ph testing all water. I know my tap water is 6.9 but I won't be using tap anymore because it isn't tested.

Should I bring the foxfarm back and get floura? or just use the Grow Big / Tiger Bloom and cha ching?

N4M

N4M

Got it! I will return these foxfarm and get the Flora. Should I take back the Cha Ching too or can I use that during the end of flowering? Also I was looking at your thread last night, do you always trim like that, as you call it, strip day?

N4M

N4M

I have yellowing on the leaves I'm assuming this is not a good thing. I've only been watering the plants, last water at 4 PM, Kroger spring water, added ph down, 5.7 ph. Also the first picture the green and texture is a lil off. Could it be wind burn? they are swaying a little from the fans. Not much though.

20200924 205959
20200924 210017
20200924 210023
20200924 210032
Last edited:
N4M

N4M

So I am taking a guess and say I caught an early sign of root rot. I'm currently soaking hydroton and have 3 buckets of 4gal water set up. I'll be transferring the plants to the DWC and giving it the following for each bucket of 4 gal
2 tsp Big Bloom
1 tsp Grow Big
8 ml cal mag
8 ml hydroguard

yes I know, stay away from Big Bloom, I'm assuming that's being recommended because it contains earthworm castings and bat guano.. I understand that I will have to clean the system more periodically. It is a DWC system. I will definitely use GH when I have a RDWC.

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

DWC will especially have problems with organic inputs....and you will most likely have more issues than just needing to clean the system. PH stability, microbial issues, and possibly more.

With foxfarm you can not really run sterile as it would be counter productive with all the organics in the product.

GH 3 part is a good place to start....or even a clean one part powder like Veg+Bloom or Jack's....anything but Foxfarm, especially the Tiger Bloom.....

Until you gain some experience you will want to run sterile and work your way up to organics in DWC/RDWC.....IMHO.

Reactions: N4M
N4M

N4M

Dark Devil Update

Top 9/24
Bottom 9/26

Looks like it's healing up, healthy growth.

Dd2
N4M

N4M

Update .... 9/30

Plants were drooping a bit. I believe I had too much water in the buckets? I removed about 1/2 inch of water. Then I decided to just give fresh nutes. I also increased the light 1/5 notch. Purple Haze has roots coming out the bottom of the net pot. Dark Devil is looking healthy.

Purple Haze.. : 5.50 / 484
Banana Sativa : 5.53 / 479
Dark Devil... : 5.57 / 582

PURPLEHAZE
BANANASATIVA
DARKDEVIL
N4M

N4M

Something wrong with my reader or? customer service stopped responding 4 days ago
1403 EC for nutes, 143 for my tap water

Asf2
Last edited:
N4M

N4M

First is Purple Haze
Second is Banana Sativa
Third is Dark Devil

20201004 162023
20201004 162034
20201004 162048

Latest posts