First Grow, Setup, Nutrients, Etc.

• Thread starter N4M
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N4M

N4M

@Aqua Man I don't feel like my plants are drinking any water, ppm is staying highish 950 - 1100 and PH fluctuating up. Should I remake with lower nutes? is that a sign of too much food to water ratio? the plants are growing good and I don't see any problem. Weird speckles looks like rust shown up on a leaf on one plant but it doesn't look like I need to worry about that. Also what does it mean when I lift a net pot and it looks like I have to stir the mix? Can that mean the water got too warm?

CFC7143

CFC7143

Hey I'm in know way an expert and I'm only on my second grow, but you asked about the fox farm nutrients. I personally just use the trio AKA (big bloom,grow big,tiger.) I don't feed them anything for the first 3 or 4 weeks and when I do I just start the feeding at 1/4 strength of whatever the booklet says then slowly work my way up to 3/4 strength. But like I said I'm a noob but this method has seemed to work great so far. I've not had a single instance of any type of burning or deficiencies. And also I see your doing hydroponic which it's a lot different but I'm not sure if this helped at all haha I just figured I'd mention what I do.

N4M

N4M

I transferred my seeds from germination to root riot and I waited 8 days before the first feed, ~400-550 ppm. I was doing the full strength for the week 1 2/1 tsp ea per gallon. They seemed to have liked it, grow like crazy and pretty healthy I think, but I feel like they aren't drinking, do they just drink slow? The only way I have to measure is using a tape measure 5 inch from the top for the 5in net pot insert, and the water at 3 gal is about an inch below that. It's still about the same after 4 days for the Dark Devil and Banana Sativa.

N4M

N4M

Day 25.

First, all, why is the Banana Sativa so short?

Second, Purple Haze
Third, Dark Devil
Forth, Banana Sativa

20201012 025701
20201012 025620
20201012 025627
20201012 025635
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So 400ish ppm seems plenty.

Ph is changing how much in 24 hrs? 0.2-0.3 increase is absolutely normal and desired.

There is something about that nutrient line I always forget I think its the tiger bloom? Thats an issue in hydro? @cemchris ?

N4M

N4M

So 400ish ppm seems plenty.

Ph is changing how much in 24 hrs? 0.2-0.3 increase is absolutely normal and desired.

There is something about that nutrient line I always forget I think its the tiger bloom? Thats an issue in hydro? @cemchris ?
Maybe the Big Bloom? As far as the PH, example is before I went to bed I put ph down in all the buckets to around 5.2 - 5.4. When I woke up 8 hours later the PH in one was about 6.4. This is fairly regular for the each plant.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Maybe the Big Bloom? As far as the PH, example is before I went to bed I put ph down in all the buckets to around 5.2 - 5.4. When I woke up 8 hours later the PH in one was about 6.4. This is fairly regular for the each plant.
Could be that.

Are you using RO water by chance?

Also what source of ph down are you using?

Here is a post I made on PH. Good idea to read through so you kinda understand where we are going with this.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So you recommend I go back to distilled water and drop to 400 ppm? I'm on week 3.5
Nope just need to add a buffer like potassium bicarbonate, calcium carbonate or potassium silicate. About 50ppm i would suggest potassium silicate.

And yes drop ppm 400ish maybe 500 max.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The potassium silicate is a really great additive and cannabis loves it so I would be happy that you need a increase to your buffer.

N4M

N4M

I will remake all the nutes when I get off work and run about 400-450 ppm.

My rdwc is pretty much set up I just need a 3/4 hose for the pump. Sealed everything, still have to do the leak test and clean the buckets before use.

Top Bottom