First Grow Shopping Cart (what’s missing?)

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well let’s put it this way...it sounds like a bullshit product, but maybe that’s because it’s the first of its kind. I saw no other all in one product that you don’t mix, don’t adjust PH, change feeding schedules, amount of nutrients etc. so if this stuff really is good then i would imagine other companies are already on it and will release their own versions. I imagine if it does work, you can probably still squeeze a little more from your plants potential by dialing everything in manually.(edit: just to clarify...I mean dial in manually by growing with more traditional feeding methods and not using the all in one) The point for me is to set nutrients and PH aside...focus on the basics like environment, lighting, pruning etc. which I feel is very logical and practical. During this grow I will still also be learning about other methods of growing, nutrients, ph etc, not in practice but in reading and discussing on here. I don’t think researching something is easy and I wouldn‘t be researching it if I thought it was. It’s very possible that I work for Mantis and this is a marketing scheme. I hope you still believe it after I harvest because that means things went well hahaha. But... if it goes bad, you’ll know I’m not. All documentation will let you guys decide if I screwed it up...or it was the Mantis.
Yeah I did a little looking into the product. Thier CEO states in one post no need to flush and like 3 post later advises the grower to flush.

Also as I suggest add nothing else to it. I presume like AN it doesn't play well with others.

Like AN it's probably going to work fine if you leave it alone.

But I can tell you one thing from a chemistry standpoint this is nothing new and I promise you that it can be over fed. They keep the ppm low 500 at all stages which is good.

But it's nothing special in terms of nutrients. The only thing special is the label and claims. It will work for most growers.

But I can tell you 100% thier claims of no flush and no nutrient buildup are nothing more than a reliance on the fact with any nutrient fed at 500 ppm in the same NPK ratios that it will not over feed the plants.

I'm not trying to bash the nutrients nor saying they don't or won't work. I simply trying to explain the facts as I see them. They will absolutely grow plants but the claims made abdout no flush are not based on some newscience or anything other than a reliance on the fact that a low ppm feed will 90+% of the time result in not having to flush you media through the grow.

This is something almost all of the experienced growers have to explain daily to new growers that think more nutes more fruits. So they adjusted thoer feed schedule to what most of us already know and claim it as some new miracle. Good on them to pick up what experienced growers have been saying for ever. Shame on then for exploiting it but can't blame them in this industry because without a gimmick you wouldn't sell anything. Most companies say add a shit ton
and sell 15 bottles to make thier money. These guys just reduce the concentration needed on thier feeding schedule and charge 10x as much for doing so.

Clever and with the ph tech I think it will earn them a place I'm the industry for new growers. Until they learn how much they a paying for the same thing everyone else has except a feeding schedule that actually doesn't call for 2x the amount needed.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

With that said... go for it. I think younwill find they work no problem of you add nothing to them.

Like I said before your issues will come from environment so just keel that in mind and don't alter the nutrients.

After a while you will prob change you mind but until then you have the info to make an informed decision and it's your decision to make. No harm in doing your thing man. Only trying to give you the info as I see it so you can make an informed one.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Yeah I did a little looking into the product. Thier CEO states in one post no need to flush and like 3 post later advises the grower to flush.

Also as I suggest add nothing else to it. I presume like AN it doesn't play well with others.

But I can tell you one thing from a chemistry standpoint this is nothing new and I promise you that it can be over fed. They keep the ppm low 500 at all stages which is good.

But it's nothing special in terms of nutrients. The only thing special is the label and claims. It will work for most growers.

But I can tell you 100% thier claims of no flush and no nutrient buildup are nothing more than a reliance on the fact with any nutrient fed at 500 ppm in the same NPK ratios that it will not over feed the plants.

I'm not trying to bash the nutrients nor saying they don't or won't work. I simply trying to explain the facts as I see them. They will absolutely grow plants but the claims made abdout no flush are not based on some newscience or anything other than a reliance on the fact that a low ppm feed will 90+% of the time result in not having to flush you media through the grow.

This is something almost all of the experienced growers have to explain daily to new growers that think more nutes more fruits. So they adjusted thoer feed schedule to what most of us already know and claim it as some new miracle. Good on them to pick up what experienced growers have been saying for ever. Shame on then for exploiting it but can't blame them in this industry because without a gimmick you wouldn't sell anything. Most companies say add a shit ton
and sell 15 bottles to make thier money. These guys just reduce the concentration needed on thier feeding schedule and charge 10x as much for doing so.

Clever and with the ph tech I think it will earn them a place I'm the industry for new growers. Until they learn how much they a paying for the same thing everyone else has except a feeding schedule that actually doesn't call for 2x the amount needed.
I knew I was paying more for something that could be crap if it doesnt do it’s job...but if it does it’s job it will speed up the first grow learning process by eliminating some of the variables that can manifest as different issues. I understand why it’s not a popular choice for experienced growers, but as you said, new growers can benefit tremendously by removing sources of potential problems and to me, that’s extremely valuable to the learning process.
With that said... go for it. I think younwill find they work no problem of you add nothing to them.

Like I said before your issues will come from environment so just keel that in mind and don't alter the nutrients.

After a while you will prob change you mind but until then you have the info to make an informed decision and it's your decision to make. No harm in doing your thing man. Only trying to give you the info as I see it so you can make an informed one.
Appreciate every bit of it too! I’m learning a lot from you guys and will need a lot more help I’m sure. I haven’t even got the tent set up yet so the true test hasn’t even started lol. Just as long as I don’t go poppin seeds, filling buckets, only to realize my light hasn’t shown up yet 😔

growsince79

growsince79

I knew I was paying more for something that could be crap if it doesnt do it’s job...but if it does it’s job it will speed up the first grow learning process by eliminating some of the variables that can manifest as different issues. I understand why it’s not a popular choice for experienced growers, but as you said, new growers can benefit tremendously by removing sources of potential problems and to me, that’s extremely valuable to the learning process.

Appreciate every bit of it too! I’m learning a lot from you guys and will need a lot more help I’m sure. I haven’t even got the tent set up yet so the true test hasn’t even started lol. Just as long as I don’t go poppin seeds, filling buckets, only to realize my light hasn’t shown up yet 😔
Happy growing. What strain/seeds/clones are you getting? That's the #1 most important thing. You will reap what you sow.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Won't speed up anything. In fact takes away other benefits that could be added but it's simple and will work.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Won't speed up anything. In fact takes away other benefits that could be added but it's simple and will work.
I have a buddy that’s on grow 5 or 6... each one unsuccessful. I think part of his problem was assuming nutrient problems each time and trying to correct them, making it worse. I never saw his workflow but I know he likes to tinker and is a “more nutes, bigger fruits” type of guy. The flowers look pretty good with a few of the grows but lack terpenes and are pretty weak. I know he harvested a few grows early, too impatient lol. But also ran into a lot of problems with each grow and was chasing his tail. He now thinks he was overwatering which most likely was a big contributor to his problem. I feel like he would be a great example of how a simple system could benefit a new grower just to get his feet wet with the basics, right now he has 4x 5 gallon pots plus one 7 gallon growing in soil in a 4x4 tent. I don’t think there’s room but he’s determined to grow 1lb this time around lol. If the simple Mantis in coco run works, assuming he will run into problems with his current grow, maybe it will be a good solution for him to get his feet wet and have a successful outcome while he learns the basics without. He’s very susceptible to the bro-science and being in control of the nutes and PH is probably worse for him. I hope his current grow goes well but not holding my breath. If it doesn’t, I’ll suggest this setup to him if mine turns out decent.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Happy growing. What strain/seeds/clones are you getting? That's the #1 most important thing. You will reap what you sow.
I have seeds from Humboldt Seed Co. I ordered Pineapple Upside Down Cake and they also sent a few Lemongrass seeds. They are feminized so my understanding is I need to watch for herms... which I’ll need to learn more about how/when to identify them in time.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

The other part going along what is said above, I think it's a mistake not to check the pH and PPM regardless of what advertising claims are. I have 2 reasons for checking. 1) No product is perfect. I would not put blind faith in a manufacturer's claim. There are too many variables to consider, and knowing exactly what is going in the plant (And coming out as run-off) is valuable information for the grower. 2) It's a good idea to develop a consistent routine of best practices. Even if you don't adjust things, knowing how to use your tools and react to the data is absolutely essential in becoming a connoisseur level grower. The only way to fully develop your skills is through experience.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have a buddy that’s on grow 5 or 6... each one unsuccessful. I think part of his problem was assuming nutrient problems each time and trying to correct them, making it worse. I never saw his workflow but I know he likes to tinker and is a “more nutes, bigger fruits” type of guy. The flowers look pretty good with a few of the grows but lack terpenes and are pretty weak. I know he harvested a few grows early, too impatient lol. But also ran into a lot of problems with each grow and was chasing his tail. He now thinks he was overwatering which most likely was a big contributor to his problem. I feel like he would be a great example of how a simple system could benefit a new grower just to get his feet wet with the basics, right now he has 4x 5 gallon pots plus one 7 gallon growing in soil in a 4x4 tent. I don’t think there’s room but he’s determined to grow 1lb this time around lol. If the simple Mantis in coco run works, assuming he will run into problems with his current grow, maybe it will be a good solution for him to get his feet wet and have a successful outcome while he learns the basics without. He’s very susceptible to the bro-science and being in control of the nutes and PH is probably worse for him. I hope his current grow goes well but not holding my breath. If it doesn’t, I’ll suggest this setup to him if mine turns out decent.
95+% of the time a nutrient issue is an environment issue not the nutrients themselves. And as much as your read about PH it's rarely the case either.

You want a successful first grow... just go easy on the lights, easy on the nutes and work on getting the environment right.... because as you will find out that's the hard part.

But many choose to blames nutrients, genetics, etc. For thiier lack of understanding about how much environment plays a role in the grow.

Dothraki

Dothraki

The other part going along what is said above, I think it's a mistake not to check the pH and PPM regardless of what advertising claims are. I have 2 reasons for checking. 1) No product is perfect. I would not put blind faith in a manufacturer's claim. There are too many variables to consider, and knowing exactly what is going in the plant (And coming out as run-off) is valuable information for the grower. 2) It's a good idea to develop a consistent routine of best practices. Even if you don't adjust things, knowing how to use your tools and react to the data is absolutely essential in becoming a connoisseur level grower. The only way to fully develop your skills is through experience.
Very good suggestion! Definitely will do this.

95+% of the time a nutrient issue is an environment issue not the nutrients themselves. And as much as your read about PH it's rarely the case either.

You want a successful first grow... just go easy on the lights, easy on the nutes and work on getting the environment right.... because as you will find out that's the hard part.

But many choose to blames nutrients, genetics, etc. For thiier lack of understanding about how much environment plays a role in the grow.
Ok, good stuff! By easy on the lights would that be height from plant or power intensity? It has a dimmer switch, I’m assuming to dim very low for seedlings, bump it up during veg then rise to 100% through flower? Although I have no clue how to decide height from plant based on different intensities?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Very good suggestion! Definitely will do this.

Ok, good stuff! By easy on the lights would that be height from plant or power intensity? It has a dimmer switch, I’m assuming to dim very low for seedlings, bump it up during veg then rise to 100% through flower? Although I have no clue how to decide height from plant based on different intensities?
Yes and both. You hang the height that gives you a nice even spread the adjust the power to get you intensity you want.

Top Bottom