First Grow! Should I top her or is it too late?

• Thread starter Aquinn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Aquinn

Hi!
This is my first grow and I apologize I am very green. She’s in 18 gallons of ocean forest and is 26” tall. I keep her outside during the day and under a light indoors at night. Haven’t done any pruning, topping or anything. Should I attempt to top or just let nature do her thing? Thank you!!!

First grow  should i top her or is it too late
First grow  should i top her or is it too late 2
Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

AAA rating

If it was me I would not top and put on flower asap, But...

of course you could top and veg longer, more bushy, If you want

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Shes an Indica, so shouldn't get much taller, unless there's ~ 40% sat cross, but doesn't look like she has any

Indicas don't need more than 12 hours during veg and less than 10 during flower

I would flip

hth

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Assuming that you are in the northern hemisphere, I would let it keep growing until the end of July, when I would move it outside full time. The shortenening days should trigger flowering and it will benefit from the sun's energy, which is hard to beat. An indica will flower quicker than a sativa and should finish flowering in late September or thereabouts. If you are further north and get frosts in Sept then the day/night switch might help to protect the plant.
The plant looks very healthy and I think it would grow a lot during the next month. The bigger it is, the bigger the yield. Why would you want to flip it now?

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Thats a gorgeous plant...DONT TOP IT.....start doing some LST asap!!! topping can slow it down for a bit and lst is just as effective unless your going to take clones...but since it's your first grow practice LST(low stress training) she's already kinda bushy and your doing VERY WELL...had to through my 2 cents in there....AWESOME 1st grow

Latest posts

Top Bottom