First grow Wedding Cake & GMO

• Thread starter hzydze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hzydze

hzydze

I finally decided to get into growing after receiving my first clone. I received Wedding Cake on 4/12/23 and shorty after on 4/21/23 I picked up GMO because I love that strain and couldn't hold myself back from buying it, maybe not the best strain to start my growing journey on because of the stretch I hear she does but I'm down for a learning experience! I initially bought a 2x2x4 tent off amazon to grow them both in but soon learned that's not the move! They were crowded with leafs piled on top of each other causing wet spots on leafs. I vegged both of them for 3.5 weeks then flipped to flower because of space issues I was going to deal with. That little tent was getting way too crowded so I bought myself an AC Infinity 2x4x6 advanced grow tent, should've bought that from the start! You live and you learn ain't that right. I've made a lot of rookie moves and will make more but I'm glad I did as I learn from each one. Im currently at day 13 of flower and finally seeing small pistils emerge. I'm so damn hyped seeing those pistils pop out haha! Currently battling humidity as it shoots up to 65% during lights off. I have a small dehumidifier in the tent but barely seems to do anything. Im growing in my garage raw dog, I know that is not the best for air exchange as im relying on air coming in from outside and that is gong to mess with my temp and humidity but its gonna be a mission converting the garage so I can attain the desired climate. My lung room is trash lol. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Growing in Fox Farms Coco Loco
Advanced Nutrients Coco Sensi Bloom A & B during veg
HGV nutrients flower and base during flower
Advanced Nutrients Bud Candy
Wedding Cake is in 5 gal fabric pot
GMO is in 3 gal pot
Wedding Cake currently receives 40oz of water with nutrients everyday (1.5ml of HGV flower, .5ml of HGV base formula and 2ml of bud candy)
GMO receives 26oz of water with nutrients everyday as well (1ml of HGV flower, .5ml of HGV base and 1.5ml of bud candy)
Both give off 10% runoff with that amount as of now.
I do not know my EC or PPM, I should probably get on that!

Tempimageqlrfmp
Tempimage1qlkbo
Tempimagemeecww
Tempimageleeb2y
Tempimage57u5d7
Tempimagelckmw6
Tempimagejbobmp
Tempimagelprfnu
Tempimageeszeyf
Tempimagejulzlk
Tempimagegt45yd
Tempimagesxrsda
Tempimagerkavzl
Tempimagelobd3p
Eledin

Eledin

They look very healthy! You clearly gathered some weed wisdom before going in, most first timers dont have such good looking plants. The set up is quite nice, I would have gone for full spectrum instead of burple but I have both in my tent cause it was cheaper and all I could afford at the time. Honestly youre doing a great job. If you run into any problem or any weird looking leaf and you dont know what it is many people here will be able to help you quickly so you can correct whats happening fast but so far they are thriving.

memnoch

memnoch

next time I am going to do what you did with the trellis. I'm not a fan of tying them down like I have been doing. I get super nervous and feel like I am doing surgery.

hzydze

hzydze

They look very healthy! You clearly gathered some weed wisdom before going in, most first timers dont have such good looking plants. The set up is quite nice, I would have gone for full spectrum instead of burple but I have both in my tent cause it was cheaper and all I could afford at the time. Honestly youre doing a great job. If you run into any problem or any weird looking leaf and you dont know what it is many people here will be able to help you quickly so you can correct whats happening fast but so far they are thriving.
I appreciate that man! Yeah I did some research before getting it all going and checked out other grow diaries just to better prepare myself. They were originally under the blurple but now under full spectrum. The light switch didn't seem to stress them out luckily. I have 2 leafs with tears but Im pretty sure it was from the trellis as I don't see any pests at all currently.

hzydze

hzydze

next time I am going to do what you did with the trellis. I'm not a fan of tying them down like I have been doing. I get super nervous and feel like I am doing surgery.
It was my first time using the trellis so I was hoping I was doing it right haha but it seems like it is. I may have to experiment with tying them down on another run but it does make me a little nervous to do it as well. Im still nervous when I defoliate haha.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Let’s goooo! Great start for a first grow and now you’re going to get hooked and want to continue dialing in your environment! Very happy plants and excited to read you got a taller tent, you’ll definitely be happier and so will they 😀

hzydze

hzydze

Let’s goooo! Great start for a first grow and now you’re going to get hooked and want to continue dialing in your environment! Very happy plants and excited to read you got a taller tent, you’ll definitely be happier and so will they 😀
Ayy thanks Schwifty! I'm definitely hooked. It's pretty much all I think about these days haha. I already have seeds ready for the next run 👍. I'm so glad I bought a bigger tent, puts a big smile on my face just looking at it.

Lockebox

Lockebox

Ayy thanks Schwifty! I'm definitely hooked. It's pretty much all I think about these days haha. I already have seeds ready for the next run 👍. I'm so glad I bought a bigger tent, puts a big smile on my face just looking at it.
Haha i love seeing the fever spread 🤙🏻 what kinda seeds you planning for your next run?

Eledin

Eledin

Its too early to know and Im not the biggest expert here so better to wait for someone elses opinion but knowing that youre giving it 26oz of water every day it might be a fungal disease, if your soil is always wet it can happen. Do you have microorganisms living in the soil? Living soil can help fight fungal diseases, I would stop watering until someone else can help you. Plastic pots have more humidity problems for obvious reasons, no transpiration.

Last edited:
hzydze

hzydze

Its too early to know and Im not the biggest expert here so better to wait for someone elses opinion but knowing that youre giving it 26oz of water every day it might be a fungal disease, if your soil is always wet it can happen. Do you have microorganisms living in the soil? Living soil can help fight fungal diseases, I would stop watering until someone else can help you. Plastic pots have more humidity problems for obvious reasons, no transpiration.
I’ll skip out on the watering today. I do not have microorganisms. I’m pretty sure I saw a fungus gnat last night while inspecting the plant. Gonna have to find something to flush them out of the coco.

GoodListener

GoodListener

Yup, overwatering can lead to gnats, learn to water plants by feeling their weight. let them go without water just until they start to wilt. then pick up the pot and judge how heavy or light they seem. now you know when to water. Don't worry about 1 gnat, but if they get to be too many take an inch or two of soil off the top and replace with new coco. and you will be needing to continuously vent that tent. Transpiration is in top three important growth factors. continuous venting will also dilute the stink that is about to invade your grow space. can you vent outside?

Eledin

Eledin

If you want to buy bacillus thuringiensis for your soil, they kill the larvae that munch of the roots and give disease to the plant. I have gnats often but I have my roots well protected with microorganisms. For a quicker and cheaper option you can also top with a bit of diatomaceous earth and mix it with the top substrate, letting it dry (its not effective when wet), that will kill most larvae and adults and will give silica to your plant, which makes it thicker and enhances its capabilities to fight disease. You can also use traps for the adult population but that alone will not be enough. Watering less often might completely eliminate the problem, but in my case it doesnt because I live in a humid and hot area in summer, so Im giving you organic options instead of pesticides in case you have the same problem. Pretty sure more people will be chiming in eventually with more alternatives.

hzydze

hzydze

Yup, overwatering can lead to gnats, learn to water plants by feeling their weight. let them go without water just until they start to wilt. then pick up the pot and judge how heavy or light they seem. now you know when to water. Don't worry about 1 gnat, but if they get to be too many take an inch or two of soil off the top and replace with new coco. and you will be needing to continuously vent that tent. Transpiration is in top three important growth factors. continuous venting will also dilute the stink that is about to invade your grow space. can you vent outside?
I'll let them go longer than usual without water right now and feel for the weight difference. I have some sticky traps out and caught 1 gnat. Hopefully there isn't a party of them brewing inside. I currently cannot vent outside but so far there hasn't been a noticeable smell in the tent and I'll definitely keep checking.

hzydze

hzydze

If you want to buy bacillus thuringiensis for your soil, they kill the larvae that munch of the roots and give disease to the plant. I have gnats often but I have my roots well protected with microorganisms. For a quicker and cheaper option you can also top with a bit of diatomaceous earth and mix it with the top substrate, letting it dry (its not effective when wet), that will kill most larvae and adults and will give silica to your plant, which makes it thicker and enhances its capabilities to fight disease. You can also use traps for the adult population but that alone will not be enough. Watering less often might completely eliminate the problem, but in my case it doesnt because I live in a humid and hot area in summer, so Im giving you organic options instead of pesticides in case you have the same problem. Pretty sure more people will be chiming in eventually with more alternatives.
Thanks for those suggestions! I definitely prefer organic methods. Going to check those out as im not trying to deal with any infections or pests while in flower. I'll have to add some microorganisms in for the next run. Which ones do you recommend?

Eledin

Eledin

Thanks for those suggestions! I definitely prefer organic methods. Going to check those out as im not trying to deal with any infections or pests while in flower. I'll have to add some microorganisms in for the next run. Which ones do you recommend?
I personally use Piranha and Tarantula liquid from Advanced Nutrients, but I live in Spain and my options here are very limited so maybe someone from the US can point you towards something better or cheaper. If nobody from there can give you a helping hand to decide which ones to buy I highly recommend Advanced Nutrients, they put great care on their products and their selection of microorganisms is very on point for assimilating organic nutrients for the plants and protecting from larvae, fungus, and other harmful microorganisms. You dont need to buy Vodoo Juice having Tarantula but it has a couple that Tarantula doesnt have and viceversa but if you have to choose one Tarantula is way better because of the bacillus thuringiensis.

hzydze

hzydze

I personally use Piranha and Tarantula liquid from Advanced Nutrients, but I live in Spain and my options here are very limited so maybe someone from the US can point you towards something better or cheaper. If nobody from there can give you a helping hand to decide which ones to buy I highly recommend Advanced Nutrients, they put great care on their products and their selection of microorganisms is very on point for assimilating organic nutrients for the plants and protecting from larvae, fungus, and other harmful microorganisms. You dont need to buy Vodoo Juice having Tarantula but it has a couple that Tarantula doesnt have and viceversa but if you have to choose one Tarantula is way better because of the bacillus thuringiensis.
Looking at both of those now, gonna make a trip to the hydro store tomorrow and pick one up or all of them haha. Im in cali so I probably have a lot of different products available but I used Advanced Nutrients coco sensi bloom for veg and it worked great so I'll probably just stick with AN unless someone else has better alternatives I can look into.

Latest posts

Top Bottom