First grow Wedding Cake & GMO

• Thread starter hzydze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hzydze

hzydze

Awesome, drying and curing .. some say 2 weeks is enough for curing and I've always felt 6 months is the beez kneez sweet spot. It's no secret that award winners only insert flowers that have been cured at least 6 months, but who wants to wait 6 months for their medicine! lol. My first grow was cured for 6 months, not on purpose, by accident, I grew a shit load of the stuff and didn't know what to do with it!! Gave most of it away. Anyways, there i go blabbing about myself again, hey man congrats on the grow. Hopefully these guys can add some helpful tips.
I’ve heard the longer the cure the better. I think I’ll keep one jar to cure longer and have some to smoke on. It’s going to be nice not having to go to the dispensary. That’s cool you had a bunch and gave some away though. I want to have that problem haha.

hzydze

hzydze

Harvest day but actually harvested yesterday haha.

Wedding Cake went 67 Days and honestly could’ve pushed it a little more but I’m on a time crunch. She smells amazing, I hope the flavor is the same on the smoke.

GMO also went 67 days (way too early). I will run her to her full maturity one day. Some of the branches looked like they wanted to snap cuz the buds were getting heavy and they probably would’ve if I went any longer. I love how swollen the calyx’s get on this plant.

Whole plant hang drying in my AC Infinity 2x4 tent with the exhaust fan running at speed 1. I also have a humidifier and dehumidifier inside the tent. My garage gets to 89f right now so I rigged up 2 ducts from the ac to the tent. I leave my ac at 72f with the humidifier on low and was able to achieve 60/60 all day yesterday to my surprise. I hope it continues to run this smooth. Sucks I’m running the ac all day but you gotta do what you gotta do. I’m glad for all the mistakes that came up as it will only help me in the future. Thank you to everyone on this forum that gave me advice and steered me in the right direction. Let’s see what the final weight comes in at! Happy Sunday everybody!

IMG 3761
IMG 3763
Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
Harvest day but actually harvested yesterday haha.

Wedding Cake went 67 Days and honestly could’ve pushed it a little more but I’m on a time crunch. She smells amazing, I hope the flavor is the same on the smoke.

GMO also went 67 days (way too early). I will run her to her full maturity one day. Some of the branches looked like they wanted to snap cuz the buds were getting heavy and they probably would’ve if I went any longer. I love how swollen the calyx’s get on this plant.

Whole plant hang drying in my AC Infinity 2x4 tent with the exhaust fan running at speed 1. I also have a humidifier and dehumidifier inside the tent. My garage gets to 89f right now so I rigged up 2 ducts from the ac to the tent. I leave my ac at 72f with the humidifier on low and was able to achieve 60/60 all day yesterday to my surprise. I hope it continues to run this smooth. Sucks I’m running the ac all day but you gotta do what you gotta do. I’m glad for all the mistakes that came up as it will only help me in the future. Thank you to everyone on this forum that gave me advice and steered me in the right direction. Let’s see what the final weight comes in at! Happy Sunday everybody!
Nice... you did it! When you mentioned running the AC from your house I thought you were gonna run it from a centralized system..lol, alright, see what you mean now. 89 is better than 117, we are knee deep in it right now. :( Can't wait to see the final product after it's trimmed and cured. :)

hzydze

hzydze

Nice... you did it! When you mentioned running the AC from your house I thought you were gonna run it from a centralized system..lol, alright, see what you mean now. 89 is better than 117, we are knee deep in it right now. :( Can't wait to see the final product after it's trimmed and cured. :)
Haha that would've been a mission to set it up from a centralized system. I had to macgyver something to cool off the tent. Oh man 117 is no joke and im over here complaining about 89 lol. Idk how you do it man, I was shitting myself when my tent got to 89 last week. I'll update once everything is done.

hzydze

hzydze

Final Update

Trimmed both plants put them in jars and hygrometers are reading 57% humidity inside the jars. Maybe could’ve jarred them sooner but now I know what to look for when going from drying to curing. All in all great first run. I’m hyped on how everything came out.

Wedding Cake final weight - 70 grams
GMO - 52.5 grams

GMO smokes so damn good. Powerhouse strain! Hopefully the cure will bring out more flavors but she’s fine if she doesn’t. I’m going to smoke wedding cake tonight and see how it is.

First vid is wedding cake second is GMO.

IMG 3792
Lockebox

Lockebox

Hell yeah buddy!

Guess I missed this last month, hope your enjoying it! 🔥

Top Bottom