First grow with effort

• Thread starter north knect
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
north knect

north knect

Hey there farmers..iv grown a few times now..kinda new to the farm here tho..im here in northern ontario Canada..goin to b outdoors just startin indoors till the end of may then hope fully warm enough to get em out..im in no rush to get them out cuz i have the space till they are ready...so im startin with 3 -Afghani#1 6 - Northern lights 6 - Freezeland 8 - Blueberry 7 - Random bag seeds........so far been 4 days since starting germination and 24 of thirty sprouted so far..21 yesterday 3 today..still waitin on 3 freezeland and 3 rand

north knect

north knect

just startin with 200watt CFL with redneck bowl reflectorr lol..does the job well..only 30 bones for each (bulb, trouble light, stainless mixinig bowl)..all at walmart..got a few pics..

IMG 20140422 214523
IMG 20140421 192139
IMG 20140421 192230
OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

Tuff Nuggets man sounds like you got a proper line up of genetics. Im in southern ontario almost planting time eh. Freezland was always a decent yeilding strain finished fine up north at the cottage in muskoka. Northern, Berry and the afgooy all good strains too.

north knect

north knect

Ya iv tried alota diff strains but nlt freezeland who nobody seems to kno bout lol..and no experience with the afghani..any input on the needs of my strains or your out comes

OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

Ya iv tried alota diff strains but nlt freezeland who nobody seems to kno bout lol..and no experience with the afghani..any input on the needs of my strains or your out comes
Bro freezland will finish up north for sure its an early finishing berry pheno. I recived this strain back in the day from a friend in montreal works really nice for up north like I said I had no troubles finishing her up at the cottage in muskoka where she gets nasty and cold wet end of sept starting oct. Freezland will finish fisrt or second week of sept so you will have no troubles with bud rot or any of that bs. The berry you have depending on pheno may have trouble finishing up north the more indy dominate phenos will indeed finish just in time but some sativa phenos dont make much of anything as far north as muskoka. You will have plenty of berry taste with the freezland I would focus more with her as far as berry goes depending on your berry pheno again. Afghani strains finish up north they are always rock hard indica buds just be carfeul to overlook tigh buds for bud rot. Especially if there has been rain the last few weeks wich the often is up north. That cold wet rain is no good for the frosting even give your outdoor crop an unwanted washing. We all know how well ice cold waters remove trichs. Northern im not 100% sure but I would assume she does alright shes a pretty vigorous hybrid. I have a lil experience with her inside and I do remember her to be around 8 weks so im sure she wiwll be fine outside. Freezland is the ticket for northern climates tho for sure. Nice tasing berry strain always done in time and makes premium hashish.

north knect

north knect

awsome..good to kno..ya im pretty pumped for the freezland..dependin on tje sex of my pkant i might try to cross a cut from the afghani with a healthy male freezland if i get one.
till will tell tho..thx for the info..im goin to check on th now to c if any have poped the soil yet and see if the rest have germinated..il keep ya all updated..

kcco

north knect

north knect

well more then half were popin up threw the soil after bein planted within 24hrs..mostly the NL and BB..il get some pics of the lil girls pokin up seein the world for their first time lol ..2 of the randoms grew bout half inch with seed still on and around the starter leafs..gave them a lil help n took off their helmits lol

freespirit

freespirit

well more then half were popin up threw the soil after bein planted within 24hrs..mostly the NL and BB..il get some pics of the lil girls pokin up seein the world for their first time lol ..2 of the randoms grew bout half inch with seed still on and around the starter leafs..gave them a lil help n took off their helmits lol
I love seeing new growth! Let's see some green

north knect

north knect

Howdy there farmers..so i have a few pics..weird things have been happening lol..so after waiting like 3 days after planting my sprouted seeds and not seeing anything in in my 3 afghani ccups and most of my freezland...so i moved the top of the soil to find the seeds..the first one i checked i saw the wat i thought was the seed..but it was just the shell...the effin plant had it starter leafs and its first true set..the plant was growing down beside the tap root!!????...i thought it was a total fluke untill i checked the next ghani and it was the same...all my afghani did this

north knect

north knect

so all my afghani and all but one freezland did this..iv nvr seen or even heard of this happening..so anyways i tried to transplant them all but was really akward cuz the roots were around the stem..i gave up on a few and the majority didnt make the night..one afghani of 3 made it which sucks cuz i was really lookin forward to those more then any..heres the pics at day 5..il start keepin up with the pics..finally flund my digi cam alot better then my phone lol

IMG 20140428 191020
IMG 20140428 191033
justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

Howdy there farmers..so i have a few pics..weird things have been happening lol..so after waiting like 3 days after planting my sprouted seeds and not seeing anything in in my 3 afghani ccups and most of my freezland...so i moved the top of the soil to find the seeds..the first one i checked i saw the wat i thought was the seed..but it was just the shell...the effin plant had it starter leafs and its first true set..the plant was growing down beside the tap root!!????...i thought it was a total fluke untill i checked the next ghani and it was the same...all my afghani did this
...this is why i sow my beans directly into coco, many soil growers do the same sowing directly into soil.

...i use a pencil to poke a shallow depression in a cup of moist coco and then i drop a seed in and lightly pinch the hole closed over the seed, then i tape a second cup atop the first as a temporary humidity dome which is removed as soon as the seedling emerges.

i figure if a seed is too weak to handle this simple task it is too weak for this lazy stoners garden.

DSCI0028

DSCI0033

peace, bozo

freespirit

freespirit

It's OK Knect, for a quick fix you can add more dirt to the cups. Now that theyve opened up they should be done stretching. Did you say what lighting and distance it is from the plants?

north knect

north knect

so has anybody encounter this issue before or know why this might have happen to only the 2 strains?

north knect

north knect

its just two 200watt cfl's..i had them bout 16" away till they poped up for a day then down to bout 10" ..i think i might take my reflectors off tho..doesnt seem to direct the light well..the bulbs are 4100k

north knect

north knect

i dont think 16 inches is to far to pull them up..and ya @justanotherbozo i was thinkin of switchin to coco..as for my depth of the seed i do the pencil trick too lol..they were bout 1/4" under..i also have a blueberry that th stem comes outa the soil then back dkwn and back up to the leaves..wierd stuff..il take a close up when i get a chance

Power OG

Power OG

do you have any pics of this bro? so i can better my understanding of whats happening. i think you will get some better advice with pics imo.
Respect
TMB F5

freespirit

freespirit

Mine layed over like that last grow(1st grow) but it was because I had some lighting issues but it sounds like yours should be good. I just scraped some dirt from the sides of the cup and made a mound around the "trunk". As long as temp and humidity are good I think it'll be fine. I have a few same age as yours so I'll keep an eye out for ya ;) Mine are under 240w LED

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...when you use the paper towel method you need to aim the taproot down when you 'plant' it, plus, you need to do it at the correct time, with direct sowing the seedling just seems to know which way is up, i guess the act of splitting the shell causes the seed to spin under the soil and the taproot just shoots down which pushes the shell upward and the friction of the emergence from the coco or soil seems to facilitate loosening of the shell.

...back in my early days i had one come up upside down when sown into a rockwool cube, i had to cut the rockwool to free the stem to allow it to reach upwards, ...as it turned out she proved herself to be a very healthy and productive White Rhino mother that i grew out for about 4 years before i replaced her with something i liked better.

DSCI0224crppd

WR1 e

DSCI0687WR 1smll

...which means so long as your seedlings survive, they should turn out just fine, or no worse than they would have had they not come up upside down.

peace, bozo

Power OG

Power OG

hey bro i dont see a lil fan blowing across the cups, i had this problem b4 and i added fan it stops them from shooting up so high,so fast because of wind resistance. they will grow stronger stand up on there own. remember alil wind,fan on low setting you wanna see your babies dancing alil. Hope that helps, i had same issue bro.
Respect
TMB F5

Top Bottom