First Grow

• Thread starter Limber pine
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Limber pine

Yeah, that was the all I had out there. Without walking back to the house to grab something else for scale.

If I could pick your brain a bit. When you look at these pictures, what tells you that that it doesn't look "done"? I've read about the tricome stuff, and a bit about the calyx swelling, although I don't know that I have seen a photo that shows a before and after of how the calyx swells before being ready. And I haven't jumped the gun yet on harvest, because they do still seems to be advancing in size, so I know I want to wait until that tapers off, before harvest. Anything you can point out in the photos that leads you to your conclusion would be really helpful.

Thanks!

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

When it is done it will look like it is dieing, like fall colors on most of the sugar leaves.

L

Limber pine

Okay, cool. I'll have to take a wider shot of the plant and post that, because one of them, is beginning to chage colors. It's actually really cool to see.

L

Limber pine

A little rain tomorrow and then foggy and sunny in the mid 60's during the day and mid 40's at night. Then rain possible next weekend.

L

Limber pine

Cool. I sorta gotta balance it with the budworms and then the little bit of mold I found today. I cut the mold off, but I can see the budworms have started to advance a little bit, given that I'm seeing small brown spots here and there. I do want to try and take it to full ripeness though! I've been cutting off the buds with the worms and cutting them out, killing them and drying those buds after I've cleaned them up.

L

Limber pine

A question. If I bring down a bud and cut all the mold off, can I still use the remaining portion of the bud that doesn't have any mold on it?

The Shivers

The Shivers

Ha! Your backyard look like it could be mine... I'm in the happy green state of Oregon too.

I harvested on the super blood moon ;) Six beautiful auto flower plants. I've been growing in my backyard for the last six years this year was the first time I haven't lost a plant to the wormy bastards (even with a aggressive preventative BT schedule). It's always something...

Just wanted to say I'm digging your grow Picts! Enjoy your smokes (vapes?) And good luck next year!!!

Oh, FWIW I toss he whole bud if it's got mold on it... I've had those buds mold in the jars and ruin the whole batch even if I've cut the visibly moldy part off.

L

Limber pine

Cool. Thanks!

I will be looking into some strains that are more suited for Oregon's weather next year. It was a big bummer, to bring some of this down last night and see the huge pile of discard. :puke2:

Regardless of that, it's been a really cool experience, not to mention the respect I've gained for those who grow top shelf with such precision both outdoor and in!

Bostix

Bostix

Hi limber pine! Just got started on this thread sorry little late. Not usually the type of person to stick my neck out and make my self known but whatever. So I think you should do exactly that and figure out some good strains for Oregon growing both coastal and Mid valley strains that would work well outdoor. Currently on week 2 flower indoor of my own first grow!realy interested on next season outdoor so I will be following religiously! so hello fellow Oregonians!

L

Limber pine

Nice! I've almost finished pulling all of mine down and while I have had to throw away a TON, I still have ended up with a nice amount and some nice sized colas.

My White Widow seems to do pretty well, but needed to be in bigger pots, but I think the Trainwreck was hit pretty hard by the caterpillars, which is where I'm finding most bad spot.s Luckily, I've bee able to salvage some of the larger buds, because while the caterpillars ate into the bud, when I cut that portion out I didn't see any mold.

I will also say, this website is a fantastic resource!

What strains are you growing?

Bostix

Bostix

Well I'm really interested now on the buggies I will deal with next year! Already dealt with enough buggies in my indoor. Learned so much already from this sight! Have not dealt with those catapilers or mold yet but I will prob see it next year lol so want to be ready!! I started my first grow really late and always wanted to do a indoor setup...took the wife a bit of convincing to grow sense I have limited space. Love the idea of farming in winter! So anyways I found this product called green clean I'm in love done a bit of research on it seems to be safe my local shop put me on to it. It's a bit spendy but I had some signs of powder mild and mights fixed the girls right up the guy from shop said its kinda a fix all. Sorry about the mold though can't fix that, prob going to deal with that myself I bet if I have that pow mild take over. Need to do some research to find if it works on caterpillars.

Latest posts

Top Bottom