First indoor grow and my plants took terrible! Why?

• Thread starter GrandmaGanja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

They’re looking better, some color returning, but lots of brown spots and dead leaves. I figure the dead growth just has to die off, but what’s up with all the brown spots?

D603549E 0F61 4AD6 994F C88B7AE58F50
9AB3A264 C396 4A8C 9A42 39BEDD54DD1B
19C7E9F4 AC00 4967 929C F4198180D24C
16649DD9 CDC6 42F2 B8A0 94D174A96AC5
E4FCDB9F 6C20 4DED ACB4 A3B7E89C23B5
  • Wow
Reactions: Ina
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
They're not taking up nutrients for some reason. That's a major P deficiency, as well as N deficient and probably everything else.

Could it be the roots are toast? Maybe... Could it be the CeC is locked up? Who knows... But if it were me I'd start over with new plants in a better, more reliable potting soil like FFOF or promix or whatever. Looks like you dont have very good drainage in that stuff, and I think it will just continue giving you problems. I can tell just from the pics that its caking and channeling, likely from clay content that is further binding up your P, but also just not enough... or zero perlite.

Last edited:
GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

They were just flushed and repotted less than a week ago if that means anything. They were completely root bound in their old containers.

I really want to see these through. In a few weeks I’ll be transplanting them outside. It’s brand new growing soil they’re in.

BorealCuring

BorealCuring

Supporter
The look really hungry.

In my effort to not love them to death when they're young, I don't feed enough when they're growing.

dire wolf

dire wolf

They were just flushed and repotted less than a week ago if that means anything. They were completely root bound in their old containers.

I really want to see these through. In a few weeks I’ll be transplanting them outside. It’s brand new growing soil they’re in.
Bearer of bad news , like dirt bag suggested , id toss them , i completely understand determination and hope that they will bounce back , they might , they probably wont , they look so stressed that it will take weeks maybe more before you can get them back on track , and putting them outside will probably bring on even more stress...

If you can start new seeds ? Or get some fresh cuts , i think you will relieve yourself of a huge headache , and be rewarded with a beautiful grow harvest , you need to get the roots happy in a better medium and carefully follow the basics......
Just my experience , some may disagree

dire wolf

dire wolf

The look really hungry.

In my effort to not love them to death when they're young, I don't feed enough when they're growing.
They look like they are on deaths doorstep....sorry

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Bearer of bad news , like dirt bag suggested , id toss them , i completely understand determination and hope that they will bounce back , they might , they probably wont , they look so stressed that it will take weeks maybe more before you can get them back on track , and putting them outside will probably bring on even more stress...

If you can start new seeds ? Or get some fresh cuts , i think you will relieve yourself of a huge headache , and be rewarded with a beautiful grow harvest , you need to get the roots happy in a better medium and carefully follow the basics......
Just my experience , some may disagree
Yes it’s time to cull the bad plants put this lesson in your book of many to learn yet . And learn from it .

dire wolf

dire wolf

beats starting from seeds, germination, and of course wasting cannabis seeds in times like this. Green gold
I agree , but in a way , think about where a good seedling will be in a month ? And where a clone in this condition will be , going to be a solid month if , if they can be successfully cloned......

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

I agree , but in a way , think about where a good seedling will be in a month ? And where a clone in this condition will be , going to be a solid month if , if they can be successfully cloned......
yeah good point. I'm always trying to see the bright side in any situation, it's just more viable to start from seed in this case as you said, too much effort for something so unsure now.

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
They're not taking up nutrients for some reason. That's a major P deficiency, as well as N deficient and probably everything else.

Could it be the roots are toast? Maybe... Could it be the CeC is locked up? Who knows... But if it were me I'd start over with new plants in a better, more reliable potting soil like FFOF or promix or whatever. Looks like you dont have very good drainage in that stuff, and I think it will just continue giving you problems. I can tell just from the pics that its caking and channeling, likely from clay content that is further binding up your P, but also just not enough... or zero perlite.

+1

GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

Update!

These plants were looking bad. Like, even worse than they look in the pictures. I got so mad, wanted to tear them out and start anew, but we persisted. Already had the outdoor area all set; holes dug, soil prepared, etc... The plants were getting worse inside daily, so the decision was made to just move them outside a few weeks ago (In New England, btw) and BOOM! Almost overnight they bounced back. They've consistently been growing 1+inches a day. Several times grew 4 or 5 inches overnight. Bear in mind these plants are 2.5 months old at this point. But look at it! Don't call it a comeback.
EF774368 9AC0 47DF 9AB0 C089C60A0A03

Taking some clones this weekend. The one on the far right has several branches jutting out from the bottom and I was going to take those for clones. Thoughts?
2313ED16 D817 41C9 A3E4 6A8FA5B54F7B

Have one that is weird though. We call it the Banzai Pot. It looks a bit mutated and weird, but otherwise growing normally (as normal as it could anyway). Look at this leaf:
50E0CC58 A0F8 41B7 8CF4 7F4421DACC96

2313ED16 D817 41C9 A3E4 6A8FA5B54F7B
  • Love
Reactions: Ina
Top Bottom