First indoor grow, need feedback

• Thread starter Palmer1997
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Palmer1997

Palmer1997

Hello, I’ve grown cannabis a few times, never seriously though. I have experience with general gardening, ide like to think I have a green thumb, and I’ve cultivated mushrooms before.

I originally wanted to do an outside grow, but I am east coast and starting abit late in the season, plus I don’t feel like dealing with someone potentially finding it.

I’ve come to the conclusion I will do it in a large space I have available, most likely in a homemade “grow box/tent” I was thinking some simple 2x4 technology with some Mylar walls for good measure. I could always buy a premade though.

For lighting I have a few LED’s picked out in the 600-1800 watt range, I will most likely start with 600 to begin with, I’m particularly liking the large led models not the 500 small button led styles.

I’m not worried about the smell, but I will likely put a carbon filter on it anyways. I figured I would have some fans for cooling.

Thoughts?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hi welcome to the farm first off I think you have got a good plan to start with have fun and happy growing.

chemistry

chemistry

If I were you, my main consideration would be height, I have an 8 feet floor to ceiling grow space these days, just got sick to death of running out of height, and even now the odd sativa still catches me out. 😁

Palmer1997

Palmer1997

If I were you, my main consideration would be height, I have an 8 feet floor to ceiling grow space these days, just got sick to death of running out of height, and even now the odd sativa still catches me out. 😁
Thank you, I was planning on doing some scrog to keep them low! My space has about 14ft so I should be alright :) the only concern would be making sure the tents I get are large enough

chemistry

chemistry

Thank you, I was planning on doing some scrog to keep them low! My space has about 14ft so I should be alright :) the only concern would be making sure the tents I get are large enough

Like I said, I've been caught out by sativa doms, a good sativa will do six feet above a scrog or more and grow into your lights, I cant remember who just built a new grow room with height in mind, due to growing into his lights, might be Desil? cant remember, get as much height as you can, believe me, you'll regret it if you don't.

Palmer1997

Palmer1997

Like I said, I've been caught out by sativa doms, a good sativa will do six feet above a scrog or more and grow into your lights, I cant remember who just built a new grow room with height in mind, due to growing into his lights, might be Desil? cant remember, get as much height as you can, believe me, you'll regret it if you don't.
Thank you, I had no idea a scrogs could still get that high. That’s a biiiig bush

chemistry

chemistry

I don't know if I've posted pics of it on my diary, I flattened a plant under a scrog, that I put into flower straight away, and it grew into the light, I had six feet max, that was it, I went the full ceiling. lol Just had a Sticky Fingers run to the light, while the other two plants were level in height at 22 inches from the light.

Top Bottom