First Legal Grow Edmonton 2019

• Thread starter TheForSaken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lord Bonkey

Lord Bonkey

No

Where does it say plants cannot be seen
youd need a legal education for me to explain it to you in any detail.
but basically, you can do whatever you want on your land as long as you arent selling it in the commons.

for example you can sell un inspected meat from your fence, or grow all the tobacco you want for yourself,
a lot of it is done under something called colour of law, or more accurately imo, ultra vires.

if you care about any of that id recommend starting with Lord coke and going through the constitution from there
which can be found here

and to see how statutes work and dont work in our system, google statute of uses failure

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
There's been 2 attempts on my garden both unsuccessful from low-lifes. So I've been resorting to sleeping in the gh just to make sure my girls make it to harvest.
Hope everyone's safe out there ✌
It's not me, I didn't do it lol but I told you some of us old guys are pretty spry. and for a chance of some gorilla glue? Some buckshot , Rock salt or dog bite in the ass might not be a bad trade off for a couple of hand fulls. Do you have a Pitbull or Doberman you can snuggle up with in your green house?

TheForSaken

TheForSaken

It's not me, I didn't do it lol but I told you some of us old guys are pretty spry. and for a chance of some gorilla glue? Some buckshot , Rock salt or dog bite in the ass might not be a bad trade off for a couple of hand fulls. Do you have a Pitbull or Doberman you can snuggle up with in your green house?
Have my son's mutt in there with me

T

Tusks

Hey Forsaken, I feel for you man. Last few nights got cold. Im just outside the city a bit and in the middle of my first grow which I attempted outdoors. Im definitely green to this and did not take into account the natural light schedule and how it would effect the harvest date. I put up a ugly greenhouse (nothing like yours man, awesome job on that. Looks great.) in time around a wall tent frame and have a 110v heater and fan on smart plug. I've also got ihome iss50 on the way which you might have some use for. But I'm wondering how far do you think you are away from harvest? I feel like I'm atleast 3 weeks away. Does that seem close?

TheForSaken

TheForSaken

Hey Forsaken, I feel for you man. Last few nights got cold. Im just outside the city a bit and in the middle of my first grow which I attempted outdoors. Im definitely green to this and did not take into account the natural light schedule and how it would effect the harvest date. I put up a ugly greenhouse (nothing like yours man, awesome job on that. Looks great.) in time around a wall tent frame and have a 110v heater and fan on smart plug. I've also got ihome iss50 on the way which you might have some use for. But I'm wondering how far do you think you are away from harvest? I feel like I'm atleast 3 weeks away. Does that seem close?
Thank you man much appreciated!
It got real cold last night. Bought a bunch of space heaters but they tripped the breaker in the middle of the night last night. Woke up in the gh with - 6 temperature.
Went out shopping today off of Kijiji and found this for $100
This should do nicely :)
I won't be pulling anything till early November myself.
Not to encouraging I know, hope your space heaters can keep up better then mine did

20190929 185349
Received 2528933790528832
T

Tusks

Wow, very cool. I think thats a good decision. You can't beat a wood burner for raw btu's/cost. That last pick really reminds me of my parents place growing up. They have run a commercial greenhouse operation for 15 years or so (no cannabis), but in there smaller greenhouse they house the seedlings they have a pellet stove, and that last pic really reminds me of there setup. Just a thought, my little greenhouse I'm throwing a insulated tarp on at night and it really helps to hold the heat, it might be a little bit harder on yours because you do have a bunch more realestate to cover, but you could tie two together. Either way Unicon on the westend by far has the cheapest insulated tarps, might cost your around 60$ for two. Could be a hail marry you could keep in your backpocket if we don't get back up to seasonal.

TheForSaken

TheForSaken

Wow, very cool. I think thats a good decision. You can't beat a wood burner for raw btu's/cost. That last pick really reminds me of my parents place growing up. They have run a commercial greenhouse operation for 15 years or so (no cannabis), but in there smaller greenhouse they house the seedlings they have a pellet stove, and that last pic really reminds me of there setup. Just a thought, my little greenhouse I'm throwing a insulated tarp on at night and it really helps to hold the heat, it might be a little bit harder on yours because you do have a bunch more realestate to cover, but you could tie two together. Either way Unicon on the westend by far has the cheapest insulated tarps, might cost your around 60$ for two. Could be a hail marry you could keep in your backpocket if we don't get back up to seasonal.
Awesome man for that tip and location for the insulated tarp gonna pick some up tomorrow!

TheForSaken

TheForSaken

possibly the greatest and most albertan thing I have ever seen.... :)))))))))))))))))

XD
Haha you're awesome man!!!
Here's a couple pics just for you
Plant shots from literally 2 minutes ago.
We be city folk, my first ever wood burning stove lol wake up to my wife roasting marshmallows

20190930 110144
IMG 20190930 091738 429
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Picking up some bricks today as well, gonna surround the entire thing with them
I saw that Calgary had 30+cm snow. What kind of temps are you looking at this week. Snow in the forecast for you guys too?

TheForSaken

TheForSaken

I saw that Calgary had 30+cm snow. What kind of temps are you looking at this week. Snow in the forecast for you guys too?
Nothing like Calgary, the lowest we got was - 6 1 night all things considered its still fairly mild here. And it looks like it's just gonna keep getting better till next week sometime

Screenshot 20190930 183104 Samsung Internet
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Nothing like Calgary, the lowest we got was - 6 1 night all things considered its still fairly mild here. And it looks like it's just gonna keep getting better till next week sometime
I get a bad case of S.A.D. and those single digit numbers set me off. It's usually accompanied with wet & dreary here on the NS coast. We've had a great Indian summer so far ( if I'm still allowed to call it that) temps in the 20's but we've had 2 nights of frost and overnights now are in the single digit territory. Winter is coming and she's a long haul to Spring again ( June here) We've had some great Falls here where we're still in T shirts until Christmas during the day then the shit hits the fan. Goodf Luck in your harvest.

TheForSaken

TheForSaken

I get a bad case of S.A.D. and those single digit numbers set me off. It's usually accompanied with wet & dreary here on the NS coast. We've had a great Indian summer so far ( if I'm still allowed to call it that) temps in the 20's but we've had 2 nights of frost and overnights now are in the single digit territory. Winter is coming and she's a long haul to Spring again ( June here) We've had some great Falls here where we're still in T shirts until Christmas during the day then the shit hits the fan. Goodf Luck in your harvest.
Best of luck to you as well my friend

TheForSaken

TheForSaken

Thank you Tusks! 👍

20191001 155435
T

Tusks

Ah.... Very cool. Yah those tarps got me through that cold stretch, thought we were going to be safe from the frost warnings for a couple of weeks but looks like we're in for another week of frosty nights. Going to try and set up some automation through ios home, if my temp sensor dips my 110 heater kicks in. With that stove of yours and the insulated tarps bet you'll be toasty in there till atleast -10.

TheForSaken

TheForSaken

Ah.... Very cool. Yah those tarps got me through that cold stretch, thought we were going to be safe from the frost warnings for a couple of weeks but looks like we're in for another week of frosty nights. Going to try and set up some automation through ios home, if my temp sensor dips my 110 heater kicks in. With that stove of yours and the insulated tarps bet you'll be toasty in there till atleast -10.
Yup looking like we're in for some cold nights.
Almost at the finish line now. My C99 should be ready within about 3 weeks and the rest are all about 1 week after that all a week apart from each other

Top Bottom