First Medical Rdwc Grow Any Input Would Help. Using Uc As My Base.

• Thread starter Pedro69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pedro69

Pedro69

Hi guys. First post alright where to start. I'm going to use UC as my base to build my system. I have a 10x9 8ft high room. I'm going to split it in half use 10x5ft for my system and use the other half for veg with one 600mh.(also have 2 1000 watt leds collecting dust might use as supplement or stand alones in my veg room from what I read it may stunt my growth?) My flower room I'm hoping to have 2 1000 watt hps with fan cooled hoods. An 2 rows of 6 with my system with control and fill rez. All I can find are 4 gallon square buckets guys were bitching about round ones leaking. I'm looking for seals what's my best option and cheapest I'm thinking of going 3 inch pvc I've read 2 inch clogs bulkheads uniseal grommets no clue what to use bulkheads are 20 bucks each. Don't Wana fork out that cake but also don't wanna flood my house. Wanna use 1 inch returns haven't done the math on pump yet. Going to try to make 1/2 inch or 3/4 diffusers. Airstomes in each bucket no clue pump size
Going to run a 900 cfm with hepa pulling air in from basement and carbon filter pushing out through lights. Not sure if I can re run my air from my room directly into my house? Veg I'm just gonna rock totes 2 6 holes each under a 600mh. Wanna wrap the room in ir (don't want some atsole stealing my shiat) but budgets wearing thin any help info feedback would be greatly appreciated. if I have enough money I'm going to try to get a ph ec temp meter. Wanna go cheap but functional I'm far from a millionaire and at the end of the day just need some good medicine. Tell me your thoughts and you old dirt devils out there don't gimme crap cause I wanna go rdwc. I know it's advanced stuff but f$#% it guys I've been waiting my whole life to do this legit. Also where's a guy find seeds I want feminized as I'm a nube save the hassle cause I'm greener than what's in your basement. I looked on mnsl looked deadly but pricey just want some thinking NYC diesel or grand daddy purp 12 or 14 weeker then do a bubble gum auto flower 7 or 8 weeker in my veg station and not be too concerned with weight cause it's all for me my dime bag days are over. Gimme your thoughts umbres.

iKharon

iKharon

Man, everyone's got their own style, indoor isn't really mine, although I'll shortly have a 1 plant tent for my wife soon lol..
seeds: look up James Bean Company, more specifically, TGA Subcool, great genetics there. Also, autoflower is really unnecessary. That is specifically designed for regions with little light. London, UK, etc. Just get fems. Especially if you're not looking to breed, and just grow/harvest and move on.you get what you pay for!! Spend $50 on a GOOD 5 pk. That's just how it goes.
As far as light, a double ended hps is ideal for your grow. Personally, I'd run 1000w'ers.
Again, we all have our own styles and you'll find what works if willing to test and learn.. trial and error. Happy growing!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Hi guys. First post alright where to start. I'm going to use UC as my base to build my system. I have a 10x9 8ft high room. I'm going to split it in half use 10x5ft for my system and use the other half for veg with one 600mh.(also have 2 1000 watt leds collecting dust might use as supplement or stand alones in my veg room from what I read it may stunt my growth?) My flower room I'm hoping to have 2 1000 watt hps with fan cooled hoods. An 2 rows of 6 with my system with control and fill rez. All I can find are 4 gallon square buckets guys were bitching about round ones leaking. I'm looking for seals what's my best option and cheapest I'm thinking of going 3 inch pvc I've read 2 inch clogs bulkheads uniseal grommets no clue what to use bulkheads are 20 bucks each. Don't Wana fork out that cake but also don't wanna flood my house. Wanna use 1 inch returns haven't done the math on pump yet. Going to try to make 1/2 inch or 3/4 diffusers. Airstomes in each bucket no clue pump size
Going to run a 900 cfm with hepa pulling air in from basement and carbon filter pushing out through lights. Not sure if I can re run my air from my room directly into my house? Veg I'm just gonna rock totes 2 6 holes each under a 600mh. Wanna wrap the room in ir (don't want some atsole stealing my shiat) but budgets wearing thin any help info feedback would be greatly appreciated. if I have enough money I'm going to try to get a ph ec temp meter. Wanna go cheap but functional I'm far from a millionaire and at the end of the day just need some good medicine. Tell me your thoughts and you old dirt devils out there don't gimme crap cause I wanna go rdwc. I know it's advanced stuff but f$#% it guys I've been waiting my whole life to do this legit. Also where's a guy find seeds I want feminized as I'm a nube save the hassle cause I'm greener than what's in your basement. I looked on mnsl looked deadly but pricey just want some thinking NYC diesel or grand daddy purp 12 or 14 weeker then do a bubble gum auto flower 7 or 8 weeker in my veg station and not be too concerned with weight cause it's all for me my dime bag days are over. Gimme your thoughts umbres.
How much money do you got? To spend on this adventure?? 500? 1k? 2k? 10k?
My point bus decide what you have to spend and then decide what options you have. Let me explain in order the importance 9th what you need..
You said you want hydro....
A ph/ec meter, 2 5 gal buckets , dual output air pump, 2 air stones big!, air line, 2 6" net pots, with enough hydroton, for both. A bottle of flora nova bloom, ph up and down, bag rapid rooters, paper towels, 5 gal reverse osmosis water from Kroger.

Order 2 seeds from dinafram of their number 1 SUPER AUTO...
you said you got leds, now we just need a grow space. Closet? Are buy a tent ...
4 x 4 x 7 or what ever height you can fit.
And when you got it all,,,,,,,
HOLLA.........

Pedro69

Pedro69

Lol k I have access to a whole room in my house 10x9 ft 8 ft tall. Budgets roughly 1500 I'm allowed 50 plants but only want 12 at a time in rdwc 12 veg 12 clone rotate. Half room flowers other veg. Don't want to use soil tried before looked like jumangi in my house bugs the size of quarters. I would like to start buying today and be set up by next week. I have full days as long as I need for the next couple weeks to work on it. I do have 2 led I bought in summer but didn't use as someone moved into my room. Don't want a tent was gong to just I.r or mylar my room build a basket under my grow with 2x6's build a sand box and cover with mylar on the floor to catch water just in case of catastrophic failure. I was going to run a 13 site with control 4 gallon square pall
Pails for flower and do my veg in totes. I hope that's what you ment?

Pedro69

Pedro69

Pretty cold were I live so not sure if I should worry about cooling air conditioner/chillers it's colder than an Eskimos vagina in my basement.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I started from nothing and set-up a 2x2 tent 400w soil grow.

I bought everything good right from the get go. And it was around $2k to start. Little additions here and there over time add a few hundred more.

I would have a hard time setting up a space like your planning for $1500.

I do know the larger space you setup the better value (dollar per cu ft).

But your still looking at a hefty investment to do it great.

If it were me I would design a good room. Then buy each item 1 by 1.
Quality ballasts, quality bulbs, light fixture, inline fan, fan controller, inline ballast timers, carbon filter, intake filter, nutrients, pots, ph+tds pens etc. If you need more money just wait and save up. Try not to get off to a bad start.

My point is that many people are in a hurry to start.

It goes one of 2 ways.

You buy everything good from the beginning while not rushing your start time. You spend more $$ initially. But never need to replace.
Just maintenance items (nutes, bulbs etc)

Or you buy cheap stuff at the start.
Of a low quality setup. You save $$ initially. But then over time as you upgrade items you purchased with better items, you end up spending much more $$ over time.

So the cheaper option usually ends up being the more expensive choice.

Pedro69

Pedro69

You must be a hit a parties bro, you just made me cry mon. Just kidding yeah I get it fully understand, I'm rushing to get going. I figure my rdwc is gonna be about 500 to 600 to make I already have my air pumps stones and baskets some lines totes. The budget is lights and air flow mainly if I can squeeze a good tester in there bonus if not I'm stuck with a pen. I get where your coming from I get what I pay for but the way I'm looking at it as soon as something comes down I'm saving cause buying from my dispensary is killing me. I probably bought the guy that owns it a yacht with the amount of money I've spent there in the last month. An 1500 is just rough I'm sure if I sweet talk the misses she might give me a bigger allowance. 2 would be tops.

Pedro69

Pedro69

I bought everything good right from the get go. And it was around $2k to start. Little additions here and there over time add a few hundred more.

Quality ballasts, quality bulbs, light fixture, inline fan, fan controller, inline ballast timers, carbon filter, intake filter, nutrients, pots, ph+tds pens etc. If you need more money just wait and save up. Try not to get off to a bad start.

It goes one of 2 ways.

You buy everything good from the beginning while not rushing your start time. You spend more $$ initially. But never need to replace.

Of a low quality setup. You save $$ initially. But then over time as you upgrade items you purchased with better items, you end up spending much more $$ over time.

The big problem 2 is I have no idea what's good and what's not. Like the tried and tested stuff. I know more expensive doesn't really mean better sometimes but really I have no clue just trying to base my decisions off posts from forums like this reviews online lol. Feels like the first time I made out with a lady felt good and I knew it was right but I just kept grabbing for random stuff in the dark.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
The big problem 2 is I have no idea what's good and what's not. Like the tried and tested stuff. I know more expensive doesn't really mean better sometimes but really I have no clue just trying to base my decisions off posts from forums like this reviews online lol. Feels like the first time I made out with a lady felt good and I knew it was right but I just kept grabbing for random stuff in the dark.

It's tough.

You'll want to research each individual item 1 by 1. Then once you find your best option. Then buy it and move to your next item.

You'll find the more reputable brands do cost more $. But not always ridiculous when you shop around for best prices.

For example I was looking for a exhaust setup for my new micro tent I saw a cheap 4" fan kit.
Was like $90 for the charcoal filter, inline fan, and speed controller. All were no name cheap low quality bs.

I have good luck with canfan inlines.
And I found the 4" model I needed for $82 on ebay.

Then I got the phresh carbon filter cause they're the shit (also they would outlast the No name charcoal filter). Skimping on carbon filter is a big no-no since I'm in a hostile state. This piece has to work reliably. Was $78 on ebay.

Then for the fan controller I went with a titan controls mercury 4 multi mode temp probe based day/night controller. They are a reputable company and make quality gear. It was $84 on ebay. And will not ruin the life of my inline like a No name El cheapo fan controller would. Plus has many more features than the El cheapo.

So the El cheapo kit was $90.

And my total after piecing together what I think are the best quality components found for the lowest price anywhere at the time was $244.

So there was a price difference of $144. The El cheapo kit was %63 cheaper compared to my final kit.

But the likelihood of failure of the parts of the El cheapo kit are high. Leading to future replacement costs.
Possibly getting caught if my carbon filters crapped out.

Whereas the failure rate of the higher quality kit is almost non existent. Leading to more of a lifetime investment.

I get where your coming from I get what I pay for but the way I'm looking at it as soon as something comes down I'm saving cause buying from my dispensary is killing me. I probably bought the guy that owns it a yacht with the amount of money I've spent there in the last month. An 1500 is just rough I'm sure if I sweet talk the misses she might give me a bigger allowance. 2 would be tops.

That makes sense.

When I started my planning and setting up I had to stop smoking for some months. I diverted my smoking money into what I saw as a future investment saving me tons.

Once you do get up and running you'll be saving a ton.

My electrical useage per grow from start to finish on average is $50- $60.
And last round I pulled 4.6oz out of my 2x2 tent. The nutes & soil cost get averaged out over time. So maybe add another $10- $20 per grow. So approx $70- $80 for 4.6 zips my last harvest.

Once you start growing. It Makes you wonder why the markup is so high.
And you'll never get ripped off again.

Pedro69

Pedro69

For my air out I was going to use hyper fans one rated for 600cfm in my flower room run it through my lights with a carbon filter out through the veg and either outside my house or just outside my room. Intake was going to be an 8 inch hyper with phresh hepa filter think both come with controls. From what I read there the bomb dig but costly

Pedro69

Pedro69

I more or less just want to get going now and then upgrade after I get something down. As soon as I get something in the system I'm saving money. I smoke my weight monthly and eat even more so my options are grow or sell my ass. An the going rate on my ass won't supplement my smoking so I'm stuck growing.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

I personally wouldn't even bother with the veg room. I only veg for 3 weeks in system after rooted clones come out of cloner and i get over a # per plant. Haveing the veg room will only save you a few weeks but cut your grow space in half. If you do the numbers on that you will make way more with 1 room 1 system.3" pvc is overkill for the size of system you are building. 2" will be plenty

Pedro69

Pedro69

Yeah I just read that and literally decided 2 minutes ago bulkheads were it lol. I saw 2 side by side systems one with uni and the other bulk and the bulkheads just looked way more solid also 3 inch your right is a bust I also saw everyone using 1 inch and getting clogs so I figured 2 would cut it. My thoughts with breaking the room up into 2 sections was I could start a longer sativa in the buckets and fill my veg room with a quicker Indica then hopefully if all pulls through I could have 2 down roughly at the same time of 2 different strains. I didn't want to put a bunch of different kinds in the system as I'm sure growing meds is like people different strokes for different folks I'm assuming each plant needs something different so didn't really wanna have an Indica and a sativa side by side as one would need to be flushed as the others just coming into herself. Figured with 2 area like that I could have a couple different strains going? Also do you know where to buy bulkheads man there expensive I called one place and asked how much the guy said I need your first born. I got all freaked out and hung up. But having a hard time tracking some down that are solid quality at a reasonable price

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

It goes one of 2 ways.

Pretty sound advice there Rmol!
I personally wouldn't even bother with the veg room. I only veg for 3 weeks in system after rooted clones come out of cloner and i get over a # per plant. Haveing the veg room will only save you a few weeks but cut your grow space in half. If you do the numbers on that you will make way more with 1 room 1 system.3" pvc is overkill for the size of system you are building. 2" will be plenty
Again Sound advice..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Yeah I just read that and literally decided 2 minutes ago bulkheads were it lol. I saw 2 side by side systems one with uni and the other bulk and the bulkheads just looked way more solid also 3 inch your right is a bust I also saw everyone using 1 inch and getting clogs so I figured 2 would cut it. My thoughts with breaking the room up into 2 sections was I could start a longer sativa in the buckets and fill my veg room with a quicker Indica then hopefully if all pulls through I could have 2 down roughly at the same time of 2 different strains. I didn't want to put a bunch of different kinds in the system as I'm sure growing meds is like people different strokes for different folks I'm assuming each plant needs something different so didn't really wanna have an Indica and a sativa side by side as one would need to be flushed as the others just coming into herself. Figured with 2 area like that I could have a couple different strains going? Also do you know where to buy bulkheads man there expensive I called one place and asked how much the guy said I need your first born. I got all freaked out and hung up. But having a hard time tracking some down that are solid quality at a reasonable price
Sorry bro, I just got off work! I put in the hrs, at the factory!
Anyway, 1500 huh? Well lets talk a little about now, tomm, and future.. Give me about 10 mins to type out a couple paragraphs and I will see if i can help you. In the mean time, i will tag you in a couple of my grow logs with rdwc ( 8 bucket waterfarm. )
Take a look at some of my grows and problems that i had, and what is valuable in what i do..
I promise you this, if you want to do this, i got the setup for you! from top to bottom...

Pedro69

Pedro69

Sorry bro, I just got off work! I put in the hrs, at the factory!
Anyway, 1500 huh? Well lets talk a little about now, tomm, and future.. Give me about 10 mins to type out a couple paragraphs and I will see if i can help you. In the mean time, i will tag you in a couple of my grow logs with rdwc ( 8 bucket waterfarm. )
Take a look at some of my grows and problems that i had, and what is valuable in what i do..
I promise you this, if you want to do this, i got the setup for you! from top to bottom...
Not sure if you can swear on here so Frick yeah lol thanks man

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Ok a few questions... One what are the leds you got? And are they what you planned to use for lighting? How many watts? I need to know if i have to set aside money for light, plus that decides exhaust/hoods/temp/rh/ requirements. This is a big endeavor!
This isnt like stealing your daddy playboy and rubbing one off before the family gets home from work stressful, this is expensive, and teadious, and requires significant amount of effort,,,, BUT
The rewards are big, thier is ways to ease into it, and we just need to decide a few things. You said rdwc was what you want. I do want to say that a equally fun and a lot easier method for you would be coco in 1 gal square pots in a 4x8 flood table, All 50! You said you got 50 plant count right? Does that count clones? If not all you need is the system above and a 60 site aero cloner... Keep the table low profile and flip almost immediately after transfer from cloner to flood table. Add a hps 1k with the leds in a vented hood and seal the room, buy a mini split and co2, and huey/dehuey, and a autopilot environmental controller to run it all.

1000 grams every 65 days!

(((And most importantly a continues res monitor (ph,ec,ppm,temps))))

If you still want to go rdwc, then you can build or buy. You can get my system for $225, or you can drop 500 on the 8 site power grower, or 300 on the 8 site waterfarm(what i got), or 1000 on a current culture. Personally i would just buy a cheap system like mine and put the money in the res monitor which is what controls it and gives you the precise info you need.

Do note that it is a little getting used to when germing seeds or clones and getting in a system and squared away... but its do able

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

And a flood table is hydro all the way! It will flood the table and all the plants 1 to 4 times a day for 15 mins. You just need to check and ajust ph/ec/water level every day... Google some flood tables, google recirculating waterfarms, goggle recirculating power growers, and current culture ucxl8.. Those are your options to buy or build.

Top Bottom