First Micro Grow Adventure

• Thread starter devo6786
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

devo6786

There is a 8"x10" intake at the bottom right corner. Temps are between 72 at the low and 82 at the high end. Pretty close to ambient room temp. I can't really take the light and filter out because I have to be semi-stealth. Smell is my main concern. Ill see how this round goes and increase overhead next time.

Why should I remove the pre-filter? I thought it was good to keep it on for dust issues?

Cut a hole on top of your cabinet, an inch smaller what the light measures, and place the light on top of the cabinet. Move the filter outside of the box and have the vent pushing through it instead of sucking. This way youll gain overhead and space and you'll get the heat source out of your enclosre. Intakes at the bottom will pick the coldest air in the room and your temp in the cabinet should be really close to that. Put some filters on the intake too, so the dust, sucked from the floor, doesn't get pushed inside of the filter. Also remove the pre-filter on your carbon filter.

Toaster79

Toaster79

There is a 8"x10" intake at the bottom right corner. Temps are between 72 at the low and 82 at the high end. Pretty close to ambient room temp. I can't really take the light and filter out because I have to be semi-stealth. Smell is my main concern. Ill see how this round goes and increase overhead next time.

Why should I remove the pre-filter? I thought it was good to keep it on for dust issues?

Alright I understand and suggest you flip as soon as possible or youll burn your plants once they stretch. They're gonna double in size.

If you would mount your fan and filter like I suggested, fan pulling air out of the box and pushing through the carbon filter, then that pre-filter has no function but it does obstruct the airflow. I also suggested that in this case you put a dust filter on the intake. I never suggested you simply ditch the pre-filter.

D

devo6786

Do you think the filter works better for smell control pushing instead of pulling?

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

Definitely switch to flower ASAP if you can’t raise your light more. And you’ll still have to train the plants to keep em lower.

Your filter is fine the way it is, keep it sucking not blowing and keep the sleeve on! Or you can experiment different ways to make an opinion for yourself!

D

devo6786

Finished 1st week of flowering. 2 confirmed female. 3 haven't shown gender yet...when should they show? Or does that mean they're likely males?

Pics of one of the females below

I have been training this whole time so ill continue throughout flowering to keep them as low as possible. thanks guys!

IMG 9973
IMG 9974
IMG 9975
D

devo6786

I wasn't going to use the trellis this time, but a few branches shot up pretty quickly so I trimmed down some fan leaves and tied them down. So far so good.

Tejashidrow

Tejashidrow

And I would add to invest in a quantum board led to gain headspace as well.

Quantum’s are great but....
Invest in a photon sun board
Less expensive
Runs cooler than a quantum
And that will give you more much needed headroom
Stop training the buds and let them rise up.
If a bud touches the lamp bend it over
I’ve done many a great micro scrog with mars hydro 300 blurple s
The real issue is not that it touches the lamp ( I do believe it’s pulls 125 watts approx)
Yours and the mars hydro blurple s need headspace for color mixture
Too close and the individual leds can’t blend and the close plant under will not get the full spectrum.
Your off to a good start
Headroom is what you need to focus on next grow.
And starting 12/12 when plants hit screen

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Quantum’s are great but....
Invest in a photon sun board
Less expensive
Runs cooler than a quantum
And that will give you more much needed headroom
Stop training the buds and let them rise up.
If a bud touches the lamp bend it over
I’ve done many a great micro scrog with mars hydro 300 blurple s
The real issue is not that it touches the lamp ( I do believe it’s pulls 125 watts approx)
Yours and the mars hydro blurple s need headspace for color mixture
Too close and the individual leds can’t blend and the close plant under will not get the full spectrum.
Your off to a good start
Headroom is what you need to focus on next grow.
And starting 12/12 when plants hit screen

Oh yeah the sunboard is new technology! It’s not just exactly the same as the quantum boards, but it’s the exact same components and built the same way. As far as it running cooler, show me one real statistic that shows a real temp deta difference.

Don’t train your plants?! Like always train your plants, doing a micro grow then train them even more than normal.

Tejashidrow

Tejashidrow

Oh yeah the sunboard is new technology! It’s not just exactly the same as the quantum boards, but it’s the exact same components and built the same way. As far as it running cooler, show me one real statistic that shows a real temp deta difference.

Don’t train your plants?! Like always train your plants, doing a micro grow then train them even more than normal.

Good point
What I meant was it is time to stop training his plants under the screen.
Once budset sets in its time to stop training under the screen.
As far as running cooler the photon boards leds are spaced a bit farther apart than the quantum’s, and don’t need a heat sink till one pushes them past 2.4a.
So yeah
They run a little cooler.

Latest posts

Top Bottom