First official grow

• Thread starter stl_rock_guy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

Now is the time for lots of light. What's your lux at 21"?
A little over 300,000. How much do you think I need. They have grown a couple inches over the past several days. They seem to be slower done.

growsince79

growsince79

A little over 300,000. How much do you think I need. They have grown a couple inches over the past several days. They seem to be slower done.
30,000? IDK This my first led grow I'm about 30,000 @ 16 inches. Not sure I trust this light meter. Never used one before I just kinda know with the hps and mh. I keep hearing people say you need 85000. If I gave them 85 according to my meter they would be dead in no time.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
30,000? IDK This my first led grow I'm about 30,000 @ 16 inches. Not sure I trust this light meter. Never used one before I just kinda know with the hps and mh. I keep hearing people say you need 85000. If I gave them 85 according to my meter they would be dead in no time.
That's crazy. I can absolutely max out at maybe 60k before they show light stress. This is measuring with a separate lux meter, not my phone.

growsince79

growsince79

That's crazy. I can absolutely max out at maybe 60k before they show light stress. This is measuring with a separate lux meter, not my phone.
60k would be about 9" directly under the 100w hlg according to my epsilon light meter. I may lower mine a bit but not that much. Maybe one inch a day. I was letting them grow to the light but the stretch is done now.

stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

somehow a message disappeared correcting the number. It is around 33k, can they handle more

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
60k would be about 9" directly under the 100w hlg according to my epsilon light meter. I may lower mine a bit but not that much. Maybe one inch a day. I was letting them grow to the light but the stretch is done now.
Like I said, absolute highest. I would do as you are doing and just watch and feel. I am also only running 11 hours of light during flower this grow.

growsince79

growsince79

I got
I got it at 43k now. The light is about a foot from the plants
Tough to stay dialed in with these new LEDs. You're 12 inches now at 43k directly under the light and maybe 30 at the walls. The plants grow 2 inches they're at 60k. HID is easier to dial in and more forgiving. This shits a real learning curve for me.

stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

Tough to stay dialed in with these new LEDs. You're 12 inches now at 43k directly under the light and maybe 30 at the walls. The plants grow 2 inches they're at 60k. HID is easier to dial in and more forgiving. This shits a real learning curve for me.
I'm 25 days into flower. I am not sure how much more they stretch

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
It's because each move is a greater proportion of the whole distance. If you were to run the same true wattage, the led would be much further away and much more even.

stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

These little ladies are super sticky and has a lemon drop smell. Today is day 27 of flower.

20201013 160955
20201013 161017
20201013 161030
20201013 161218

stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

Would you guys do another heavy defoliation to get rid of the larger fan leaves

Anthem

Anthem

You are going to hear mixed remarks about that topic. IMO I would do another round of it. My reasoning is that that tent looks stuffed to the gills and you are going to have to watch closely for mold if you do not do another round.

growsince79

growsince79

Would you guys do another heavy defoliation to get rid of the larger fan leaves
I don't. In extreme cases of overcrowding, like yours I might remove a few select fans near the center of canopy. But nothing heavy.

Anthem

Anthem

You are going to hear mixed remarks about that topic. IMO I would do another round of it. My reasoning is that that tent looks stuffed to the gills and you are going to have to watch closely for mold if you do not do another round.
Also any bud site below about 5 nodes I would remove for sure. They will just be larf if you leave them.

Top Bottom