First official grow

• Thread starter stl_rock_guy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

One thing I've learned is don't veg too long and plan the canopy. Decide how many main colas you want and remove the rest early. I like to have 10-15 for a 2x2. Prune suckers early like a tomato plant. See youtube for that. If done that way, there's no need for major defoliation. This grow. I think other then very bottom larf, I pulled 4 leaves off 2 plants.

stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

One thing I've learned is don't veg too long and plan the canopy. Decide how many main colas you want and remove the rest early. I like to have 10-15 for a 2x2. Prune suckers early like a tomato plant. See youtube for that. If done that way, there's no need for major defoliation. This grow. I think other then very bottom larf, I pulled 4 leaves off 2 plants.
I've learned a few lessons during this grow.

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
I had issue with my first grow as well. I learned to clean that bottom half up for sure. This is my first grow in coco loco and the fox farm dirty dozen, got any advice?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
You’re killing it, nice work brotha.

growsince79

growsince79

Thank you very much. This is a beginners strain to grow. It makes me wonder how much harder it would be to grow a strain for more advanced growers
I'm curious to know what your ppm in and runoff is. The bag I'm using now started out at 2400 ppm runoff and was down to 1500 when I started bottles. I'm feeding 800ppm now and 1150 runoff. Kinda tricky mixing organic and bottles.

stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

I'm curious to know what your ppm in and runoff is. The bag I'm using now started out at 2400 ppm runoff and was down to 1500 when I started bottles. I'm feeding 800ppm now and 1150 runoff. Kinda tricky mixing organic and bottles.
I will check for you the next time I water. I heard coco loco starts at a very high ppm

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
My initial runoff was over 4500! What pH are you guys feeding? I fed earlier, only the second time @ 5.9 and 1150 ppm, runoff was still 1400.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Going in I have a ph of 6.4 and an ec of 744. I'm not sure how accurate my meter that reads ec is. Coming out my ph is 6.3 with an ec of 1523.
So that's in ppm and I would back off nutes for a bit because that runoff is quite high. Like you are going in great but you want runoff to be pretty close to that too and yours is a lot higher. That said, the pH is good so it's not super urgent imo. Like no need to panic, just back off till runoff is down sub...idk, 1000?

Just my two cents, you have to do you of course and I could be wrong. If your runoff pH starts swinging, that's when to worry.

stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

So that's in ppm and I would back off nutes for a bit because that runoff is quite high. Like you are going in great but you want runoff to be pretty close to that too and yours is a lot higher. That said, the pH is good so it's not super urgent imo. Like no need to panic, just back off till runoff is down sub...idk, 1000?

Just my two cents, you have to do you of course and I could be wrong. If your runoff pH starts swinging, that's when to worry.
When I did ppm going in it was less the 400. I didn't bother checking ppm coming out. I don't think my meter is right.

growsince79

growsince79

The organic nutes in the cocoloco don't measure the same as bottles. It's apples and oranges. The plants can starve to death with 1400 runoff.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
The organic nutes in the cocoloco don't measure the same as bottles. It's apples and oranges. The plants can starve to death with 1400 runoff.
Fair enough. Learn something new I guess. Seems like it would be hard to balance if you had a problem. I suppose pH is all that's operative in terms of most problems....

Top Bottom