First real grow, TX Popcorn

• Thread starter ScarabGlass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

ScarabGlass

lol...im not a pic whore. (OTHERS ARE THO!) Jus wanna know how your grow is going.

I kind of lied about the halogens light of course I know a bit about em...but for real I have to say you are the first person that Ive seen work w some. Interesting to say the least especially after i saw the product.

...I was looking at your pics earlier though and just wondered if your girls were getting adjusted yet.

Yeah, I google searched for halogen light grows and couldn't find anything other than people saying don't use them. Seeing as they were all I had and could afford at the time I used them lol. I'm almost tempted to get like 7 or 8 of them and do an experimental grow. The plant didn't grow slow by any means, I just didn't have enough light for it to thrive.

Yeah, the girls are doing much better. I think I burned a few slightly with that 2nd feeding. I've been spraying them with ph5.5 water too. They seem like hardy plants though and are working on their second true node. I have one that isn't even an inch tall(buried to the cotyledon). Tallest is under 2 1/4". I'll post some pics this evening or tomorrow.

S

ScarabGlass

I just ordered 3 Dutch Passion Frisian Dew and 2 Barney's Farm Amnesia Lemon beans from EDIT. Both strains will be indoors. Hopefully they'll get here safely.

Edit: They shipped this morning. Here's hoping for their timely arrival.

U

ugk1

their is no such thing as popcorn just better quality growin MJ they just grew it out better in mexico and took care of it, they might of use good genitics, i guess they just started calling it thatt its really sensimea (no seeds) they always had that, i grew out some of the seeds from some pop, 3 different strians and they all came out smell fucking good and all had defferent smells

S

ScarabGlass

their is no such thing as popcorn just better quality growin MJ they just grew it out better in mexico and took care of it, they might of use good genitics, i guess they just started calling it thatt its really sensimea (no seeds) they always had that, i grew out some of the seeds from some pop, 3 different strians and they all came out smell fucking good and all had defferent smells

If this stuff were grown in mexico, it would be all bricked up and the nugs would be flat or slightly squished. The buds were perfectly manicured. It may have started out as some mexican strain, but if someone back-crossed it or inbred it then it's a different strain. I've had at least 5 different so-called "popcorn" sacks. Just because it gets called something doesn't mean that's what it is. There's a bunch of "shit" going around that people are calling corn, but it isn't. If it were Sin Semilla you wouldn't have been able to grow any because it wouldn't have had any seeds.
I know the real corn I got was a hybrid. Mostly sativa dominant. I had a couple indica phenos pop. I pulled all but 1 plant that was a sativa.
Those mexicans aren't growing sin semilla.

JK420

JK420

I've had a couple qp's of popcorn from the Dallas/Ft Worth area, back before I grew for myself... An oz cost me around $150.. I've also heard it called KB or kine bud... It's not an actual strain, just really good mid grade. Nugs the size of golf balls. I've heard it was grown in AZ, but I'm not 100% on that. I've probably got 30 - 40 seeds laying around somewhere. I probably won't ever grow them out though.

Glad to see another TX grower around. Peace

S

ScarabGlass

I've had a couple qp's of popcorn from the Dallas/Ft Worth area, back before I grew for myself... An oz cost me around $150.. I've also heard it called KB or kine bud... It's not an actual strain, just really good mid grade. Nugs the size of golf balls. I've heard it was grown in AZ, but I'm not 100% on that. I've probably got 30 - 40 seeds laying around somewhere. I probably won't ever grow them out though.

Glad to see another TX grower around. Peace

Thanks for stopping by JK.
I've never heard it called KB. I always thought kind bud was just pot with with a good high. I've had some popcorn that was med-high grade. When I buy it I get it at reg prices. $60-70 an O. I haven't bought any in a few months though. Got a new hookup, so it's been BD, ISS, RK, OGK, etc. The OG we got was garbage though. So far BD is my favorite.

S

ScarabGlass

Here are the pics from last night. Funny enough, they've grown since then but I don't feel like taking more pics right now lol. I just LST'd 6 of them as well. 2 I left alone. The beefy plant I almost hope is a male so I can take his spunk for later. A couple are showing baby side branches already.
They're only 8,7,6 days old. The faded one seems to be the fastest grower while the beefy one looks like it will only get beefier. They came out of their shells sickly but have all recovered and bagseed or no bagseed I'm damn excited.

Enjoy!

DSC06579
DSC06580
DSC06578
DSC06584
DSC06585
DSC06586
DSC06587
DSC06588
DSC06590
DSC06591
DSC06593
DSC06594
DSC06596
DSC06597
DSC06598
DSC06599
DSC06600
DSC06604
DSC06605
S

ScarabGlass

Just a quick update. I moved two of the plants outside. 1 I flushed(nute burn from last update) and topped(one side of the new node was gimpy looking)- it will remain in the 3gal bag. The one in the cup got transplanted into the earth(Just in time it seems, as the cup was full of roots). They will stay outside for the duration of their lives. I removed the lst from all but 2 of the plants. They're doing well. I'll post pics for the weekly update. I didn't take any of the transplant though.

S

ScarabGlass

The ones that popped on the 4th are now 2 weeks old. Here are the pics.

DSC06651
DSC06652
DSC06653
DSC06654
DSC06655
DSC06656
DSC06657
DSC06658
DSC06659
DSC06660
DSC06661
DSC06662
DSC06663
DSC06664
DSC06665
DSC06666
DSC06667
DSC06668
S

ScarabGlass

I assume I'm LST'ing correctly. I'm gonna try a design with 1 of them, not sure what though. I fed them full strength FF GB(3tsp in 1gal of 6.5ph water) 2 days ago and they loved it. Except for the 2 I flushed. They seemed happy about the flush though. Now it is time to go pick up some TX Shoreline.

F

frostedlove

rock on bro

you dont have to pull down the leafs just the steam.

Depending on how big you vegg these girls I would slow down just a little. Let them girls get a little bigger then you can beat them down. I know how excited and ready you are too try and do all the things you read on here, but your girls are just starting there life from sead. Clones are totally different. Just take your time and it will all turn out SICK! u just dont want to start out the gate running so hard that you beat the little girls down too much and they suffer. You could easiy break your steams at that young tender stage and not be able to repair it. When they get a little more woody you can almost cut it in half and tape her back up and she wont miss a beat. PLus with a small grow you dont have that many chances for mess ups. Just take it easy, they are young, dont need hardly any food , dont burn them when there young cause its huge setbacks when they are babies.

Everybody got a friend how was droped on there head as a baby and yea he is alright and shit but he ant never been the same since!

Kick ass and continue the excitement and all will come out green and sticky! You can see all of my grows from begging too end. As a nob with my first cfl grow to my MONSters now! The farm and everyone will keep you growing green for a long time!

Keep up the excitement BRO!

S

ScarabGlass

you dont have to pull down the leafs just the steam.

Depending on how big you vegg these girls I would slow down just a little. Let them girls get a little bigger then you can beat them down. I know how excited and ready you are too try and do all the things you read on here, but your girls are just starting there life from sead. Clones are totally different. Just take your time and it will all turn out SICK! u just dont want to start out the gate running so hard that you beat the little girls down too much and they suffer. You could easiy break your steams at that young tender stage and not be able to repair it. When they get a little more woody you can almost cut it in half and tape her back up and she wont miss a beat. PLus with a small grow you dont have that many chances for mess ups. Just take it easy, they are young, dont need hardly any food , dont burn them when there young cause its huge setbacks when they are babies.

Everybody got a friend how was droped on there head as a baby and yea he is alright and shit but he ant never been the same since!

Kick ass and continue the excitement and all will come out green and sticky! You can see all of my grows from begging too end. As a nob with my first cfl grow to my MONSters now! The farm and everyone will keep you growing green for a long time!

Keep up the excitement BRO!

Thanks again FL. I try to leave them alone but I find myself drawn to my garage. It is a little hard to tell from the pics, but those stems are beefy. I am only lst'ing 2 of them. The stems are rock hard and completely immobile. I only did it to stimulate the side branches. The stems on all of the plants are very sturdy so far. No cracks or tears as of yet. We'll see how it goes. The rest, I'm leaving alone. As for the burning, I already learned that lesson lol. The one outside still in its bag got burned during the first feeding. I flushed it, topped it, then threw that hoe outside like an unwelcome guest lol. It is def. perking up outside though. I'm thinking about putting into 12/12 next monday, maybe the one after. When does the veg cycle begin? Is it once those first 2 leaves after the cotyledons are out? I'm hoping for some good stretch during flower.

S

ScarabGlass

Posting pics later. 1 plant seems to be hurting. Looking for suggestions on that one.

Pics in a bit.

update: here are the :sign0005:
I'm trying to work on my photography skills as well.

DSC06710
DSC06709
DSC06708
DSC06707
DSC06706
DSC06705
DSC06704
DSC06703
DSC06702
DSC06701
DSC06700
DSC06699
DSC06698
DSC06697
DSC06696
DSC06695
DSC06694
DSC06693
DSC06692
DSC06691
S

ScarabGlass

Here they are now at end of week 3/beginning of week 4 from popping soil. 1 week left before I flip them. I pulled the 2 from outside and killed them. They were not growing at all. Also, a couple are starting to show sativa where they all started indica. I'm happy for some pheno variation. The plant in pics 5,8,9 is my favorite one. It shrubbed up so nicely. The stem looks cool too imo.

DSC06802
DSC06803
DSC06804
DSC06805
DSC06806
DSC06807
DSC06808
DSC06809
DSC06810
DSC06811
DSC06812
DSC06813
DSC06814
DSC06815
DSC06816
DSC06817
DSC06818
DSC06819
DSC06820
DSC06821
S

ScarabGlass

Here are pics from today/Day 3 of 12/12 after a 4 week veg. 3 plants are showing preflowers already. Not as many pics this time around. They all look the same, but bigger and pruned a bit. I've been snipping the primary fans to allow more light to the side branches. I accidentally broke one of the main tops off the one I topped trying to LST it. Broke it off right at the junction with the main stem. I was bending it near the tip, lol. Didn't faze it one bit. I watered them right before taking the pics. They were all light as feathers. No nutes this time, just 6.3ph water. I'm going to give them 1-2 more veg feeds before I start flower nutes. They're all at least 12" tall now. Without further ado.

The one that shows the dots on the leaf. Under magnification they look like trichomes with no stalk. Anybody know what they are?

DSC06842
DSC06843
DSC06847
DSC06849
DSC06851
DSC06852
S

ScarabGlass

I just noticed that the middle plant in the top row FIM'd itself, kind of. You can see it a little in the pic. It is the foremost branch. It has 2 tops growing from the same node split with a double fan leaf that looks like it wanted to be a top but got lazy and quit forming. It grew straight up like the 2 tops but formed 2 leaf heads conjoined in the center. It's goofy looking fer sure.

S

ScarabGlass

Just found a male. The plant I topped and broke the branch off of has balls popping out of the node beneath the new growth. Undecided on whether or not to pull him.

dextr0

dextr0

Just found a male. The plant I topped and broke the branch off of has balls popping out of the node beneath the new growth. Undecided on whether or not to pull him.

Either way I would isolate him. Theres a thread on farm talkin bout how to make a little chamber for males, check it out. Thats just so u dont have a shit load of seeds.

I

I.C.GREEN

im a first time grower too but im sure i read on here that the pollen from the male will stop your girls producing THC, get him out man

S

ScarabGlass

Either way I would isolate him. Theres a thread on farm talkin bout how to make a little chamber for males, check it out. Thats just so u dont have a shit load of seeds.

I would isolate him for sure if I were to keep him. I got a few weeks before that becomes an issue though. They're little preflower balls right now.
Thanks for the direction.

Top Bottom