First "real" growing attempt

• Thread starter Covert
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Covert

Also some info on the potting mix that I am using that I just found out. It is "enriched" with .08% nitrogen, .05% phosphate and .05% soluble potash. I can see now how I over fertilized..... But yea worm castings from the link + this potting mix + water + one other organic nute = ? Can someone give me a nute I could use in combination with the above idea?

C

captainkip

well for veg you want something that's about 20-10-20 or the like 20-10-10 but yeah thats just what i use and during flowering i just give them molasses but you have to flush them the last 2 weeks of flowering with pure water just look around the site at what other people use you could probably find some good stuff etc.
Also some info on the potting mix that I am using that I just found out. It is "enriched" with .08% nitrogen, .05% phosphate and .05% soluble potash. I can see now how I over fertilized..... But yea worm castings from the link + this potting mix + water + one other organic nute = ? Can someone give me a nute I could use in combination with the above idea?

C

Covert

Aite went to walmart today and got a 3-pack of some 23w cfls. just got 11 seeds from a recent "purchase" and going to just try and grow these for practice. Not going for yield or anything just so i can learn what the hell im doing. to a certain extent.

I have been searching on here as well as around the internet for some organic nutes and decided to take a look at FF's trio (GB+BB+TB) going to get these as well as some ocean forest within the next day or two when i start making some bank. On here and it looks like throughout the related forums these are highly recommended but im not sure how they compare with others price wise. Not looking for something thats gunna break the bank so if anyone has any other suggestions feel free to let me know.

M

Malachi

Take a look at Og Raskal's nute schedule. It explains how he uses FoxFarm products. I think he uses FoxFarm Ocean Forest with some added perilite and a very simple feeding schedule with the FF 3-part nutes. Here is the link check it out.

C

CAPO

good start brother! mix that ocean floor with some perlite for the seedlings. it tends to be a little on the strong side for babies sometimes.
Fox Farms is great, almost all organic.
Let me re-iterate: you won't need any nutrients in the beginning with Ocean Floor, there are enough goodies in there to keep plants healthy and green, anywhere from 3-4 weeks. What type of strains are you running? You might be better off with some pro-mix to learn on as FFOF is a little hot or strong.
Keep us posted!

C

Covert

I honestly have no idea what strains im running as they are just some bag seed so its kinda like im waiting for christmas to come ya kno? haha

I have seen raskals nute schedule but dont really now how much i should feed them at one time. I know he uses 1 capfull or w/e per gallon but when it comes time to actually eed them how much do i give them?

DO you have a link to the pro-mix? i think ive heard of it before but im not sure.

C

Covert

Alrighty...Well! Went to the foxfarm website and found a store that carried their products. Decided to suck it up and drive 45 minutes away to see if i could get all the products at one place. Well i walk in, take a look around and dont see any of the fertilizer i need so i ask the guy and hes like nope we are out of that. I continue looking for at least the ocean forest soil and dont see it. I ask the guy and hes like nope we are out of that too. We are actually going out of business so we are running low on most of our products. I say great and walk out.... Guess im gunna have to go online and get them...

After that i went home, had dinner, and headed to home depot where i got a little luckier. Got 4 waterproof light sockets and some wire. came out to a total of 8 bux. Word. Also while browsing i realized they had 40-100w CFLs for sale! also found some 400w MH bulbs for like 40 bux. Will def. be making a trip back there when i get the money!!

Tomorrow, i plan to make a grow stand type thing that looks like this rough sketch:

Lights are circles which will be able to be adjusted separately, plants are the squares.

EDIT: Went to Botanical.com and ordered the FF GB+BB+TB Tri-pack for 48 bux including shipping :anim_30:

Untitled
M

Malachi

Keep in mind to run that MH Bulb you are gonna need a ballast and mogul socket assembly or hood

C

Covert

Yup i know about the ballast and all that. I saw those two i just didnt put that in the post. Didnt know HD carried MH bulbs. Good to know :)

C

Covert

Scrapped my original idea with the stand and just made another light fixture.

Here are some pix. 3 of the bulbs are 23w CFLs and one of them is a 15w CFL. I also changed the orientation of the lights so that they can be cooled by the intake fan in a linear fashion. This thing is pretty dam bright and i cant look directly into it without seeing stars and getting a headache :D

IMG 0011
IMG 0013
IMG 0012
IMG 0014
IMG 0015
IMG 0016
IMG 0017
IMG 0018
C

Covert

little update on my babies

Well last week i went up to WCU to visit some friends and my girl and i had left my plants to be tended by one of my friends back home. Came back and they are looking stellar! Except for the one that i THOUGHT was going to do the best which i had to scrap because t had completely stopped growing and was all dry and what not. SO i replaced that one with 2 more beans that i had germinated and waiting on them to pop.

Also wired a switch into my light fixture just for the convenience.

Here are some pictures of what im working with:

IMG 0026
IMG 0027
IMG 0028
IMG 0029
IMG 0030
M

Malachi

I can tell by the way the leaves are canoeing on you. Either that or you are over watering. I am guessing its low humidity because of the cardboard. The cardboard sucks the moisture right out of the air.

C

Covert

well im watering them 1 cup of water every 3 days. say if i watered them on monday then i would water them again thursday

C

CAPO

Hey Covert!
Checkin in buddy...they're starting to look like weed plants..hooray!

Small plants do need more humidity in their early stages to survive while they create a root system. I would scrap the cardboard box like Malachi says. Perhaps you can score a rubbermaid tub or something. Can you get a clean spray(mister) bottle? That would help too, everytime you peek in on them to see how they are growing(1 or2 x's) you could give them a little spray. It gives them a little break as they struggle to make roots.

C

Covert

Next time i run to walmart i will pick up a decent sized tub. Concerning the spray bottle i always spray them 2 times a day. Im trying to stay on a type of schedule ya know? Have it all planned out in my calendar on when to do everything from turn the lights on and off to watering them and spraying them 2 times a day except on watering days is implied.

C

Covert

Took the criticism and went out and bought a tub and immediately went to work. Also managed to crush one of my light bulbs in my hand trying to get it through the hole. All in all it turned out very good and i can already tell the humidity has been increased just by putting my hand in there.

Also decided to implement some bigger 8in pots to accommodate the huge root system these are developing.

As Always,
Pictures:

IMG 0038
IMG 0039
IMG 0040
IMG 0041
IMG 0042
C

Covert

gotta a little issue..Actually 2

Ok so one of plants is showing signs of sickness and im not entirely sure what it is causing it. Looks like a cal/mag issue but im not so sure because my other plants are in the exact same environment/light and feeding schedule.

Also my other plant is just like caving in on itself and its starting to scare me. No idea whats wrong with it and it cant be from overwatering because like i said, everything is getting the same shit.

first picture is of the suspected cal/mag and then the next is the caving in one. The last one is doing great and nothing is noticeably wrong with it as far as i can tell.

IMG 0056
IMG 0058
IMG 0057
Top Bottom