First "real" growing attempt

• Thread starter Covert
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Malachi

did you put the fan up? your still gonna need some air exchange. your plants should be fine, just give them like 1/4 strength nutes and they should snap out of it. its probally just transplant shock, don't overfeed them

C

Covert

yup fans in there circulating air. decided to not mount it on the side so i just have it in the middle of the 3 pots blowing air up at the lights. Also added some H2O5 (hydrogen peroxide) to the mix to help with any oxygen problems and/or bad bacteria. hopefully they should be fine.

C

captainkip

hydrogen peroxide also kills good bacteria so don't use it too much
yup fans in there circulating air. decided to not mount it on the side so i just have it in the middle of the 3 pots blowing air up at the lights. Also added some H2O5 (hydrogen peroxide) to the mix to help with any oxygen problems and/or bad bacteria. hopefully they should be fine.

C

Covert

Will keep that in mind kip thanks! Im dying to see what they look like as i have been away for about 5 days visiting my girl in college. Will be posting some updated pictures as soon as i get back to the crib.

C

Covert

Just came back and I see some progress. Will i be able to tell the sex at this stage?

IMG 0061
IMG 0062
IMG 0063
M

Malachi

No, you have a ways to go bro. After they get like 5-6 nodes you can throw them on 12-12 until they show their sex and then just flip them back into 24-0, there is a slight chance that this could cause the strain to hermie, but the way I look at it is who wants an unstable strain anyways?

C

Covert

Hmmmm I see. Also, i plan on topping them but dont really know when the right time to do this is. And lastly a amatuer question but how do i count the nodes? In other words, which is number 1, 2,3 and so on?

M

Malachi

Do not top your plant until it shows sex, an internode is simply the point off the main stalk where branches protrude.

C

Covert

Here are some better pictures of the two plants. didnt realize the others were blurry.

IMG 0064
IMG 0065
C

Covert

As always some updates on my plants. I'm a bit confused on my two of my plants growth has been slow and the other has pretty much blasted off. You will see what im talking about in the pictures.

IMG 000b
IMG 000d
IMG 000c
C

Covert

Just purchased some FF Happy Frog soil on ebay for cheap so i will be transplanting this babies soon. WHat do you guys think about this soil?

Also my two smaller plants have been developing what looks like white spots all over the top of the leaves. Not sure if this is mold or what not but can someone show me some pictures of a plant with mold or something?

C

Covert

Here are some pictures of what im talking about

The first picture has a couple burn marks from the light falling right on top of it but other than that, thats my star plant lol

The second one has that white stuff or wutever i was talking about.

The third picture has the white stuff as well as some of the leaves are canoing down for some reason and im not exactly sure what that means. Block out?

IMG 0077
IMG 0075
IMG 0076
K

Kpezzy

uh oh, that might be Spider mites and they are tough to kill, maybe Thrips, but I think Spider mites I hope not, here is a link down towards the bottom of the first post there is help and pictures for those problems check it out and good luck buddy

C

Covert

Well shitttt. It's def thrips or spider mites.... I had a feeling it was that cuz just a few minutes ago I went ad looked at the plants and I saw a spider going through one of my air holes I have on the side of my tub. Gosh darnit lol. I'll be cooking some tobacco juice as well as getting some neem oil to help combat these mofos.. Thanks for the help kp. How you think the plants are doing otherwise man?

K

Kpezzy

I think they look great buddy, make sure you get on top of this little pest problem right away, so they don't ruin your Medication

C

Covert

Soaking some cigs in water as we speak and will Be boiling them when I first wake up and start the spraying process right away.

The second picture I posted as had the slowest growth out of the three that I have currently in that box. Not entirey sure why but hopefully once I get this mite issue solved and transplant them out of that shitty moisture control miracle grow soil into the happy frog soil they will all be happy campers :). Hopefully...

K

Kpezzy

Soaking some cigs in water as we speak and will Be boiling them when I first wake up and start the spraying process right away.

The second picture I posted as had the slowest growth out of the three that I have currently in that box. Not entirey sure why but hopefully once I get this mite issue solved and transplant them out of that shitty moisture control miracle grow soil into the happy frog soil they will all be happy campers :). Hopefully...

ohh yeah man that Miracle grow is no good, dont worry too much about one plant doing better than others it's normal they all grow differently, treat them all like individuals and let them all do their own thing...kpz

C

Covert

How long do you think i should continue the tobacco spray in orer to make sure these stupid things are gone?

I also cut off the leaf that had all the light burns off because it was starting to show sgns of mites and i figured it was on its way out.

C

captainkip

spiders are in no way related to spider mites
Well shitttt. It's def thrips or spider mites.... I had a feeling it was that cuz just a few minutes ago I went ad looked at the plants and I saw a spider going through one of my air holes I have on the side of my tub. Gosh darnit lol. I'll be cooking some tobacco juice as well as getting some neem oil to help combat these mofos.. Thanks for the help kp. How you think the plants are doing otherwise man?

Top Bottom