First solo grow, and advice for my second

• Thread starter Micah85
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Micah85

Hi all,

Well I’m coming to the end of my first solo grow. I haven some experience gardening (grew up on a small organic farm) and I work for an agricultural company, but in general it’s never been a passion or hobby for me. Over flu I had some medical and mental health issues that were greatly helped by cannabis, and that’s basically when I became a daily user. I’m also wanting to live the most self sustainable lifestyle I can.

Anyway, first grow. 3x3 tent. Roots 707 soil (want to use roots original next grow) using roots organic liquid nutrients (local shop had the full line so it was convenient) seeds are photos from a local breeder (Buddha Cake, and a GMO/Tina). As my grow comes to an end, it was overall pretty smooth (I took extensive notes daily with pictures) definitely learned a few things to improve on for my next grow.
First solo grow and advice for my second
First solo grow and advice for my second 2

I enjoyed my first grow so much, I built a 10x11 room (actual grow space 5x10 with 1800w, that I plan to run 10/12 plants in) I plan to use roots organic original soil, in 7gallon cloth pots. I’m wanting to switch to dry nutrients (again roots organic line as I have easy access to it), and top dress IF I could use some kind of drip or auto watering (not looking to go to hydro) I have no real experience setting up a system like this, but I travel a fair bit and a system like this would make it considerably easier.

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions?

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

That looks like a great first grow. Do more of that! 😁 Something you might try at some point would be to use a trellis to spread your tops out to cover the entire space. I'll top my plants three or four times, basically trying to blanket my area with tops. I don't want to be able to see the floor from above, after the stretch is over.

I'm a fan of automated watering (I use Blumats) but I'm hesitant to make any recommendations. I grow in coco, and I'm not familiar with the water retention characteristics of your soil.

M

Micah85

after about 30 days of veg, I would basically water every other day (alternating water, and feeding) I was using 5 gallon pots in the grow, with lots of under canopy ventilation, typically by the end of the day after watering/feeding, plants would be showing some signs of being dry, and top 2 inches would be very dry. The roots original soil supposedly drains a little better then the 707, so I figured I could dial in the every other day water/feeding even more. Being only my second grow I don’t really know much as far as dry amendments but the roots organic dry schedule looks very simple and looks to be a good place to start 🤷‍♂️ I did Top the plants, and do some LST, it has a scrogg but it’s mostly for show and support

Top Bottom