First time! Diablo OG, Fire OG, ATF

• Thread starter KittenMittons
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KittenMittons

So, this is my first time growing and would appreciate some help and tips on what to do!
Our light set-up:
-600w HPS
-2x240w 7-band LED
My plants are in 3 gallon (might be 2 gallons) pots with coco coir
The four larger plants are 2 Diablo OGs and 2 Fire OGs
The four smaller plants are 2 Fire OGs and 2 ATF
20120131_201733.jpg
20120131_201745.jpg

The smaller plants had some powder fungus (we fixed) and were shocked because I didnt check the ppm of the water the second watering
But now theyre looking better
We just flushed the larger plants with a light nute solution and the 4 small ones with RO water
I asked an experienced friend and he said the droop was from either from an N deff. or a not enough water
I think I fixed it with the flush
We also just added the 2 LEDs today so hopefully that stimulates it them a little
20120131_122751.jpg
20120131_122746.jpg

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

hey whats up bro...nice setup you got running there...I would personally lower your lights alot your plants are stretchin for light and is causing the to be thin and lanky if you lower your lights they will do much better, OG's tend to grow lanky but if you lower lights they will fill out much better...when I ran my 600 in a cool tube I kept it like 1.5 ft from the canopy sometimes closer...the droopiness can be from over watering too are you letting the pots dry out completely before watering again? you want to make sure your ph is in check when watering and feeding as well and keep it around 6.0-6.2!

what kind of nutrients are you feeding your plants and how much?

what is your temp and humidity in the room?

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

They look like they got the claw from 2 much "N" I'm thinking the coco has a grip of nutes in it.. I bet the coco run off water ppm is super high.. The bigger plants need 2 b flowered asap cuz there gunna stretch way more when u start flowering them.. Nice strains u got there.. Good luck on this grow

K

KittenMittons

MitchyNugz:
Thanks man, I think they are just thirsty because the soil was bone dry 3 inches down when I checked. Im really new to the mixing and watering part which is a lot trickier than it looks. Last night we just put a good little flush with light nutes on the bigger plants and fresh water on the smaller ones. There was no run-off the first two times I watered so Im guessing that is what burned the smaller plants and is what is messing with the bigger ones.

Im going to move the lights right now

Im using the GH Lucas formula at around quarter to half strength because all the plants had problems in the beginning
Right now, everything is starting to plateau and definitely looking greener

I just managed to get the temp stable at around 65-75 degrees
The humidity, Im not sure because we dont have reliable equipment apparently.
I bought a hydrometer at the start, it said the humidity was fine until a couple weeks then it started saying it was at 35-30% rel. hum. Im taking it in to the store today. Im kind of pissed at them

K

KittenMittons

They look like they got the claw from 2 much "N" I'm thinking the coco has a grip of nutes in it.. I bet the coco run off water ppm is super high.. The bigger plants need 2 b flowered asap cuz there gunna stretch way more when u start flowering them

Thanks for the support!
I just flushed the plants last night because I definitely suspected a salt build up.
Im thinking of pruning the bigger ones becasue Ive been reading in the Growers Bible that pruning the tops will force hormones to the lower branches.
Any thoughts on that?

K

KittenMittons

02/01/12 Update

So today the plants have been in the set-up for 2 and a half weeks.
Been having some trouble controlling the humidity and temp (especially getting accurate measurements, fixing that today)
The leaves on the big Diablo OGs are 'folding' (Not really drooping or curling, just folding upwards) Does anyone know what this is from?
20120201_111637.jpg
20120201_111623.jpg
20120201_111616.jpg
20120201_111610.jpg
20120131_232356.jpg
20120131_232349.jpg

Yesterday, watered the plants with a light nute solution till a substantial amount of run-off came out (first time there was run-off so that could explain A LOT)
Also, Im planning on pruning the larger ones to stop upward growth and stimulate the lower branches, any suggestions on that one?
One Love and Jah Bless

K

KittenMittons

SO today I bent the plants!
I turned out to be an amazing idea!!! The plants responded really well and new growth is popping up everywhere
Lowered the light a couple inched more (Its around 16-18 inches)
20120131_231836.jpg
20120201_171803.jpg
20120201_171808.jpg
20120201_232027.jpg

The little plants are doing better, some new growth is sprouting but there are still some deficiencies
20120131_231831.jpg
20120201_232039.jpg
20120201_232043.jpg

Not sure what it is but I think they will be fine, just a little slow

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Yes pruning the tops work great it's called topping.. When u top a plant the bottom branches will start 2 grow & the part u cut will make 2 heads this is a great way 2 make a plant bush out.. Also bending a plant work great also when u bend a plant it's called LST (Low Stress Training) I do it all the time 2 my plants.. I top them & LST them I do both things 2 keep my plants short with a bunch of heads.. Ur off 2 a great start with that LST u juss did.. Great work

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Hey kitten, welcome to the farm and welcome to cali, I'd love to visit hawaii one day. Everything looks like they are coming back nicely and seems like you got control of the problem. I like your choice in cuts diablo/fire og. I also have those strains atm, but have yet to verify them, where did you obtain them if you don't mind me asking?

K

KittenMittons

where did you obtain them if you don't mind me asking?

I got them from a local club here. Four of them were prevegged so they were much taller than the other four (terrible logic on my part)

And definitely visit Hawaii one day its rejuvenating!

K

KittenMittons

Good mail day today. Got a check from my insurance for 5 bills! Went straight to the hydro store and replaced the GH line I was using with this:
20120202_175808.jpg

Much happier with this line and Ive been reading a lot of good things about these nutes
Im going to water the smaller plants tomorrow
I also bought one of those moisture/ph/light meters and its proving to be very informative
The humidity is still a problem and the temp dropped from 80 to 50 in a couple hours when my lights were off so that wasnt good
Also I should add that the box Im using is completely homemade from wood and that is most likely what is sucking up all the moisture in there
Any ideas on how to solve this besides the usual towel or bucket of water? (I already put a humidifier in there but its just not doing the trick) Those arent enough for this room. Should I stop ventilating or something?
Its been staying around 37-55%. Very annoying.
Sorry if this is hard to understand, Im fresh off a blunt :banana1sv6:
One Love and Jah Bless

K

KittenMittons

I think I am having a humidity crisis in my room
The humidity has been down around 35-55%
I cant get it up past 55% for some reason, we have good humidifier and damp towels in there but still its reeally low
My air intake from outside (SoCal) and the output is into the garage (same room as grow room)
I went to the hydro store today because I thought the meter was broken but it wasnt
He said he thinks my wooden box could be absorbing the moisture, which seems likely.
The plants are droopy and closing
I read somewhere that low humidity causes slow plant growth and this sucks
Any thoughts?
Thank you in advance

Latest posts

Top Bottom