First time grandaddy purple. ready for harvest or not ?

• Thread starter monkey47
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

monkey47

Hi Guys,

I'm running Grand Daddy Purple on dwc under 250 HPS and i am not sure when i switched them to 12/12.
its either 21th or 27th so either I should harvest tomorrow or wait another week.

The buds are pretty big but i am fearfull they are just fluffy and altough when you touch the buds and leafs your fingers are verry sticky but they are not covered in thrichromes like other strains i ve cultivated. So I"m not sure if they are ready or not.

what do you guys think ?

First time grandaddy purple ready for harvest or not
First time grandaddy purple ready for harvest or not 2
First time grandaddy purple ready for harvest or not 3
budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

can tell anything with that light , you need a jewelers loup and check your trichomes see how many are amber

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

Hi Guys,

I'm running Grand Daddy Purple on dwc under 250 HPS and i am not sure when i switched them to 12/12.
its either 21th or 27th so either I should harvest tomorrow or wait another week.

The buds are pretty big but i am fearfull they are just fluffy and altough when you touch the buds and leafs your fingers are verry sticky but they are not covered in thrichromes like other strains i ve cultivated. So I"m not sure if they are ready or not.

what do you guys think ?
this is my granddaddy purple first day of week 5 of flower
450 watt led spiderfarmer sf4000
5 gallon fabric pots in a 4x4x7 tent
IMG 20240314 222621078
IMG 20240314 222627414
IMG 20240314 222631585

M

monkey47

can tell anything with that light , you need a jewelers loup and check your trichomes see how many are amber
yeah i thought it would be to har to tell with the hps light. I ll switch to a MH light this evening so i can get some better pictures.

M

monkey47

I harvested one small top that was not getting any light anyway i am gonna dry it for 3 days and smoke it to see whats happening there. I harvested a small bud that were also not getting any light a couple of days ago and smoked it, I got a buzz but if that is all i ll get i ll be verry dissapointed in the strain. The sole reason i grow it is because of its high THC value

20240316 204637
20240316 205130
20240316 204634
20240316 204645
20240316 204654
P

Putthataway

I harvested one small top that was not getting any light anyway i am gonna dry it for 3 days and smoke it to see whats happening there. I harvested a small bud that were also not getting any light a couple of days ago and smoked it, I got a buzz but if that is all i ll get i ll be verry dissapointed in the strain. The sole reason i grow it is because of its high THC value
That’s because they aren’t ready. They are still pushing white hairs.

M

monkey47

That’s because they aren’t ready. They are still pushing white hairs.
So you also think I need another week atleast ?

When I started 10 years ago the common idea was harvesting when 80 percent of the pistels are orange.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

i would say maybe 2 or 3 more weeks looks like it has had too much nitrogen to me

M

monkey47

That could be hit it.
I usually set my fan at 25 degrees but after a lecture of Bruce bugbee where he said higher temps were better I used it to 27.

Will they recover ? I figure I have another 2 weeks of flower going before they finish.

I read allot of you guys say to much nitrogen but looking at the leaves I don't think that. I do topfeed so there could be a nitrogen build up because never switch out the nutes I just ad on top of them. Never had this happen tough but different strains different stress triggers I guess.

You guys think I can keep continuing topfeeding but only use half the dose of bloom fertilizer. They get plenty of PK 13/14 and I used to grow without pk13/14

Sunasun

Sunasun

Shows signs of severe light stress. Notice all the bleaching of all your tops. I'm running GDP right now and it thrives at 650 ppfd. Back down on your intensity.

M

monkey47

Shows signs of severe light stress. Notice all the bleaching of all your tops. I'm running GDP right now and it thrives at 650 ppfd. Back down on your intensity.
yeah i moved up the light and increased the ventilation. Hoping they wont lose to much of potency and yield because of it.
I run HPS during winter and fall for the extra heat is a 250 watt hps evsa i was using super lummen and turned it off you think i should dim it from 250 watts to 150 watts ? I dont have a ppfd meter so for now I ll have to make it work.

You think one of those ppfd meter apps on android are acurate enough or should I buy one. I just started using leds and i am having some problems there with the light intensity so it would be a good investement to buy one if the app is bunkers

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

hmm im running gdp too my ppfd is higher then yours 8 to 900 and i think my plant looks awesome do you have a pic of yours ?
IMG 20240314 222621078
IMG 20240314 222627414
IMG 20240314 222631585

Sunasun

Sunasun

hmm im running gdp too my ppfd is higher then yours 8 to 900 and i think my plant looks awesome do you have a pic of yours ?
View attachment 2137014View attachment 2137015View attachment 2137016
No pics because lights are out, but its been colder in my tent the last 3 months so maybe reason for lower ppfd tolerance. How about a freeze frame? These are getting chopped tomorrow night for the right one and Saturday for the one on left.
week 9 of flower ends Wednesday.
Forget that that's in there sometimes.

M

monkey47

i could be wrong but this looks like it could be foxtailing
View attachment 2136122
its definetly fox tailling some of the tops have it verry badly. I m just suprised because i run put the temp on my dimmer switch on 27 celcius and i could hear it start running at 100% every now and then. I cant get temps under 25celcius without losing allot of lightpower.

Top Bottom