First time grow Cemo & A Stranger

• Thread starter newfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
newfarmer

newfarmer

Hi guys
Thanks for all your input. Invaluable information for my first grow!! Well I think we are at day 17 of Flower today. I'm still getting some yellowing leaves and some loss but I'm pretty sure its from the nute burn and the light stress that's still working it's way out. I fed them tonight about 9 Gal of light feed formula with everything in it at a PH of 6.3 and 720PPM. I also gave them a good serving of CalMax so we will see how they like it. I took a bunch of pics today and things are looking nice so far. Probably a bit underdeveloped for day 17 but I was expecting that. Here they are. Let me know what you think.

IMAG2417
IMAG2418
IMAG2419
IMAG2420
IMAG2421
IMAG2422
IMAG2423
IMAG2424
IMAG2425
IMAG2426
IMAG2427
IMAG2428
IMAG2429
IMAG2430
IMAG2431
IMAG2433

jigfresh

jigfresh

Have not used Canna nutes. The plants are looking pretty good. They seem happy and that's important. Like you said a little under developed for 17 days, but the trichomes look like they are showing up to the party. :)

newfarmer

newfarmer

Hi guys
Just wanted to give a quick update to where I am at right now. I have raised my light up a bit and dimmed down my 1000w to 600w and I have seen improvement in my leaves. My night time temps are 60deg and day time is only 70deg RH is steady at 40% I think this may be because I am growing in a basement that is colder than the rest of the house and also my extraction fan is a 6" Canfan that runs 24/7 it is quite cool inside my tent at all times and I think this is stunting my growth quite a bit as well as slowing the uptake of water. I know you can get a switch for your fans but they are pricy for me right now. So I have stopped using the extraction for now to see what happens with temps RH and growth. Any opinions?

Day 25

IMAG2495
IMAG2496
IMAG2497
IMAG2498
IMAG2499
IMAG2500

newfarmer

newfarmer

Hey Guys

So i'm at day 34 and this seem to have smoothed out for me for a change. "Knock on wood" Everyone seems pretty happy and budz are starting to fill in. The plant in the back has a really pungent pine smell. I did a rough count yesterday and counted over 60 bud sites on that stranger plant. She has really slowed down with the vertical growth and is really thickening up. Trichomes are just starting to turn brownish so I will start watching closely in about a week or two. I am guessing that she will be a 7-8 week girl. The 5 plants in the front "Chemo" from Jordan of the islands are a 9 week strain. They were talked up as being extremely powerful couch locking meds. Which is exactly what I am looking for. They are much thiner but a bit taller and I can tell they are going to be sugary as all hell. Even right now I am very surprised that there is sugar on a lot of the large fan leaves. They don't have the pine smell but they are pretty pungent already and very sticky to the touch.

Among other challenges I will face getting ready to harvest these guys " Flushing" I will end up cutting the screen out around week 8 to get my stranger plant out and harvested and then will have to let all the Chemo plants "free Ball" it for the last week or 2 until they are ready. Will this be okay?

I picked up a used USB microscope for a good price and am just learning to use it. I didn't notice that when I bought it that it said it was a fixed 500X scope. So it's been pretty trichy "no pun intended" to get good pics but when you do it is amazing!!!

I also picked up a variable speed fan controller. It was a bit pricy $119 but worth it's weight in gold. I can now use the heat from my lamp to do most of the warming of the inside of my tent and get my temps up to around 80 where they should be. I'm also not blasting all the heat out of my house 24/7 while I'm trying so hard to heat it for the fall/winter. The fans are very quiet and have cut the noise of my room down by a solid 50% Here are some pics from today Enjoy.
IMAG2554
IMAG2556
IMAG2557
IMAG2558
IMAG2559
IMAG2560
IMAG2561
IMAG2562
IMAG2553

newfarmer

newfarmer

Totally nukular, dude! LOL Seriously, this is looking very good so far!
Thanks man. I appreciate the up's. It's kinda funny. Other than the obvious excitement of getting to reap the fruits of my labour I feel very anxious and nervous to just make it to the end without screwing it all up. Will that go away after a few grows or do ya kinda always get nervous and anxious to get to the finish line??

jigfresh

jigfresh

It will go away a little next round. Once you get a couple harvests down you chill out a bit... but then the danger is to get too complacent... then you will end up with problems and have to get your game up again. Don't make that mistake... stay vigilant and the plants will reward you.

About the screen... I would leave it in if at all possible. The buds are gonna be real heavy right at the end and they won't be able to hold themselves up with no netting. They will just flop all down and it won't be pretty or helpful. See if you can cut the plant in the back out of the screen to leave the others set where they are. Not sure if that's possible... I work in a small space too, not all is as easy as it sounds sometimes.

What kind of fan controller did you get? I bought a cheap one way back, but it never worked with my fan, so it was a complete waste of $20 or 30.

newfarmer

newfarmer

About the screen... I would leave it in if at all possible. The buds are gonna be real heavy right at the end and they won't be able to hold themselves up with no netting. They will just flop all down and it won't be pretty or helpful. See if you can cut the plant in the back out of the screen to leave the others set where they are. Not sure if that's possible... I work in a small space too, not all is as easy as it sounds sometimes.

What kind of fan controller did you get? I bought a cheap one way back, but it never worked with my fan, so it was a complete waste of $20 or 30.

I would like to just take the back plant out but the problem is that the string for this screen is only 2 lengths. 1 horizontal and 1 vertical and they are just looped around the screws not tied so if I cut any section it will all eventually unwind. Maybe I can tie a few sections of it as I cut to maybe be able to get it to stay. I am doubtful though lol. The other option is to cut the plant from under and pull each nug up through. This would take a while and it's really cramped under there but I guess it's an option. I hear ya about getting heavy and flopping over. I was afraid that would happen.

The controler I got is the grozone TV2 it seems eally good so far. The only thing I wish it did was compleetly turn off and then when a certain temp was hit turn on for a sec or 2 to maintain that temp. Right now it constantly runs at idle speed 20 or 30% and then if it gets too cold it will turn off and if it gets too hot it kicks up to 100% then back down to idle. I am very happy with it. It's saving me a ton of house heat and my basement is very quiet now.

jigfresh

jigfresh

I meant cut the branches out of the screen leaving it in place. I've always used metal cage type screens so I've never even had the option of cutting the actual screen out. You can try to cut out a few branches and see how difficult it will be. You don't want to be messing up the plants in front just to get at it.

Dude, I checked that fan controller... looks nice. I should get me something like that sometime. Thanks for the info.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Thanks man. I appreciate the up's. It's kinda funny. Other than the obvious excitement of getting to reap the fruits of my labour I feel very anxious and nervous to just make it to the end without screwing it all up. Will that go away after a few grows or do ya kinda always get nervous and anxious to get to the finish line??

I always get excited- it's like a first date with a new hottie every time...

newfarmer

newfarmer

Hi Guys, Day 42 today. Things are looking pretty nice in the tent. I am defiantly seeing the difference in the buds that have a little more room than the others and next time I don't think I will pack them in there quite as tight. The Stranger plant's trich's have started to turn red and recede. I have been looking at them through a 30x scope that I picked up for 20 bucks and it looks like all the little mushroom caps are milky white with almost none clear. I am starting to watch very closely now because I'm not 100% confident in the 55 day time line given how I have abused these plants right at the onset of flowering.

IMAG2608
IMAG2609
IMAG2610
IMAG2611
IMAG2612
IMAG2613
IMAG2614
IMAG2615
IMAG2616
IMAG2617

newfarmer

newfarmer

Pretty sure I will be building this, this weekend. http://www.invalid.com/grow-room-design-setup/62900-4-day-bud-dryer-40-a.html Instead of using a powered inline fan right on the rubbermaid I will just be connecting it right to the intake side of the intake fan of my tent. I will make it detachable so it's not a pain in the but. It will also be highly controllable as the fan is hooked up to the variable speed controller. Although I have the room to just use a closet and some string I like the idea of a small contained box that I can control the smell of.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Pretty sure I will be building this, this weekend. Instead of using a powered inline fan right on the rubbermaid I will just be connecting it right to the intake side of the intake fan of my tent. I will make it detachable so it's not a pain in the but. It will also be highly controllable as the fan is hooked up to the variable speed controller. Although I have the room to just use a closet and some string I like the idea of a small contained box that I can control the smell of.

Your web link was disabled. Got a pic of it?

newfarmer

newfarmer

very nice first grow!....doin a great job nice a green and frosty keep it up
Hey thanks a lot man. It has definitely been a learning experiance. Made a few big mistakes but I didn't kill my girls and I'm pretty close to the finish line so I am getting pretty excited. There are a ton of changes I will make for my next run that will make my life much easier and keep my plants much healthier.

Top Bottom