first time grow hold my hand please :)/grow diary

• Thread starter dollardos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dollardos

dollardos

i am starting i have 7 master kush clones that i purchased.
1. how do I know there master kush( do I just take his word for it.).
2.im doing 24 hours light
my temp has been between 70-80
my humidity has been between 32%-57%
how can i regulate humidity ??

thanks in advance for all your help
i m buying a cam topost pics today

J

jimbobthe3rd

To regulate humidity in a sealed room = de-humidifier (captures moisture in the air turns it to water that you drain out.) To regulate humidity in a intake/exhaust room = increase exhaust power, or you can use a de-huey aswell, but for my in/ex room if humidity is a problem i turn on my extra exhaust and it becomes not a problem. Although 32-57% humidity seems fine to me :). You wouldn't want it any lower than 30, and no higher than 60 during flowering. But some people think higher humidity is good for the veg stage, up to you.

20north

your humidity is perfect man umm dont worry if they are a certain strain just hope they dont have pests or mold thats all that matters really the way you could tell if they are an indica would be to see if the leaves are big and fat . but if the leafs are super skinny and long its most likely a sativa ..

what are you growing them in ?

i would not worry about humidity though it seems fine getting a dehumidifer will actually heat up your room they actually pump hot air out of them to create the dehumidifcation sorry hella not feeling good right now would go in to detail just cant

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
i would not worry about humidity though it seems fine getting a dehumidifer will actually heat up your room they actually pump hot air out of them to create the dehumidifcation sorry hella not feeling good right now would go in to detail just cant

>>hell yeah they do..my corner where it sits is the warmest spot in the garden>> but no bubbles no troubles humidity is about 35-40% on my end:)

gtd

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

first thing you need to do is get some Miticide. If you can get Avid, Floramite, or shuttle sc. Also get something for Powerdery Milder like Procure or Oxydate. You need to protect your plants like you would if you had sex with a stranger by wearing a condom.
Spray the plants with a GOOD miticide like I mentuined. Do not use crap like Neem Oil, it is garbage and does not do a very good job at fighting mites.
Do not use cheap stuff from the store like that Safer Soap crap either. Whenever I get new clones I spray miticide and stuff for PM and quarentine them from my garden to make sure there are no bugs or PM on them before I introduce them to my garden.

This is what I will tell anyone that is taking clones from another persons grow, or to new growers. You need the stuff I mentioned, get all if you can. Mites build tollerance to what you spray them with. Do a preventative maintenence and you will have a harvest.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
first thing you need to do is get some Miticide. If you can get Avid, Floramite, or shuttle sc. Also get something for Powerdery Milder like Procure or Oxydate. You need to protect your plants like you would if you had sex with a stranger by wearing a condom.
Spray the plants with a GOOD miticide like I mentuined. Do not use crap like Neem Oil, it is garbage and does not do a very good job at fighting mites.
Do not use cheap stuff from the store like that Safer Soap crap either. Whenever I get new clones I spray miticide and stuff for PM and quarentine them from my garden to make sure there are no bugs or PM on them before I introduce them to my garden.

This is what I will tell anyone that is taking clones from another persons grow, or to new growers. You need the stuff I mentioned, get all if you can. Mites build tollerance to what you spray them with. Do a preventative maintenence and you will have a harvest.

I do have a bottle of floramite and avid just encase>>
actually you should never have to use that potent artillary<<>>that is for last resorts>>I had mights bad once never again<<<<I started everything over because of them fuckers lol>>>the hole key is prevention<<<using products like neem or sm-90 as general weekly maintenance will keep them at bay from even settling on your plants>>>Clean,clean and clean some more and keep it that way<<<
Dont take cuts from other people>>be self sufficient and make your own mothers and cuts

gtd

B

biggun4me

I had a severe mite problem that got out of hand and killed some plants.. Since then I add 2ml of Azamax per gallon to my nutes every watering and I have seen not one of those fuckers for the past 4 weeks... I think it is important to introduce it into your veg plants as soon as possible... My friend does it this way and he never has any problems and there is never any kind of bad taste in the end product either... Peace

dollardos

dollardos

thanks im going to get those products asap do I go to a grow shop or can I go to walmart? I got those clones from a guy i didnt really know i feel like a dumb dumb
where should I go if Im just starting out i noriced some seed co. have clone only strains
is that an opption

B

biggun4me

Grow shops are easier for me because most will be one stop shopping... As far as seeds go, I got mine from Dr. greenthumb seeds out of Canada... He is kinda expensive but he is honest... Peace

Z

Zissou Intern

im not sure man but if its your first grow i'd just buy a 10 bag of beasters and use bag seeds.

probably hermie, and probably wont be what your looking for, but for your first time i'd rather be focused on success that quality... dont spend too much money, you might realize you dont like it or dont understand it. once you got a bagseed under your belt and you want to purchase expensive seeds, do it. thats the route i always advise first timers.

or of course clones from a clinic or somethin.

B

Bobby Smith

I actually love the "Garden Safe" Miticide/Insecticide/Fungicide shit I got at either Home Depot or Walmart.

Can't tell the difference between that and SM-90, except when I'm pulling out my wallet to pay at the register.

Pissed I didn't grab a shitload before the seasonal stuff got taken off the shelves.

EDIT: this, but I got the concentrated bottle to make like 64 gallons or something like that - plants fucking love it, they always perk up after they've gotten a nice spraying.
http://www.amazon.com/Fungicide3-Insecticide-Fungicide-Miticide-10414X/dp/B000HHO110

dollardos

dollardos

I went to a grow shop and purchased Aza Max and serenade disease control
i dipped clones in the aza max and mist disease control
leaves got a little dry and stiff I watered them and I am keeping a watchful eye
i am still looking for a digital cam to post pics i ll have one for shure tomorrow
i spent all my cash on a 4 foot t5 for veg. Zissou Intern i m committed to this project its one of my life long dreams a real passion + i love helping people I ve
already spent a lot I'm going for gold thanks to all you farmers I know I can make it happen

dollardos

dollardos

pics

theese are my young laidies i have a couple leaves
that are stiff
one stem looks a lil purple
is it time to put them in pots I have some 3 gal and I just finished the veg room

IMG 0251
IMG 0252
IMG 0254
IMG 0253
IMG 0256
dollardos

dollardos

i found out what made my leaves dry out i mixed azo max wrong the laidies are doing fine now

A

amstercal

dollardos--first thing I'd do is run out and buy a book. It will pay for itself. I'd suggest Ed Rosenthal's newest one because it's simple but covers a lot. There are a lot of books out there though and some really good ones.
Don't worry too much about the genetics of your clones at this point. They may be great, they may suck. You'll be learning anyway and even if they suck, it's still weed. I'm sure they're fine.
Having a/c will often dehumidify your space as well. If you have hotter lights (like MH or HPS), you will most likely need one, unless you live in a cooler climate where you can pull cool air into your room.
Did I miss where you said what your plans for the bloom room are?
I live in SoCal where mites are super vicious. I've taken care of them being vigilant with Safers before. The main thing, whatever product you're using, is to do it every 3 days until you are VERY sure they are gone, then use a preventative at least once a week. Make sure your lights are off when spray until they dry for most products. Good luck!

dollardos

dollardos

THANKS AMSTERCAL
i HAVE ED'S BOOK I ALSO HAVE THE HORTICULTURAL BIBLE i READ THEM ALL THE TIME BUT STILL TEND TO BE NERVOUS. LIKE RIGHT NOW I'M TRYING TO FIND OUT IF I NEED TO INSTALL A SMALL FAN IN VEG ROOM TO CIRCULATE AIR ? I LL LOOK IN THE BOOK ....I LL GET ON THE INTERNET I LL TALK TO PEOPLE @ THE GROW SHOP I LIKE TO LEARN AS MUCH AS I CAN. I WANT TO BE THE BEST LOL. FLOWERING ROOM COMING ALONG I JUST GOT OSB IN I'M BUILDING ON IT EVERY DAY I POST PICS SOON
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

K

kashinc

a small fan or even a oscillating fan that lightly sends a breeze over your plants are always beneficial

S

smashed1

ha dollardos, if it were me i would be repotting them , an i would defenetly put curculaiting fan in movement of the air helps bend the stems around abit thus makes the stems much stronger, all the best brow

S

smashed1

sorry u could leave them in them cups alittle longer it wouldnt hurt them there looks like theres plenty of room in em yet ( i would change them now) but u probly be be safer to let them go another week or so it wount mater plenty room left in them cups, an if ur not useto transplanting much beter, the beter the dirt stays together much beter good luk.. ow wen i start i always start them off in the pot im going to use to the end.

dollardos

dollardos

thanks smashed1& kashink i did deside to repot them i also gave them a little foxfarm big bloom real deluted just want to perk them up i ll give them this once a week

is this a good ballest
for my flowering room?

Top Bottom