First time Grow. How are they doing?

• Thread starter DezmondG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Will do. Ya I heard that it’s not good to take them outside. First grow, I will learn from my mistakes. I am going to build my own lights for my second round and do a couple different style grows I. Separate 2x2 rooms that I want to build :).
BTW, @BurnzYzBudZz is there a preventative concoction I can make up or use to spray to keep the bugs away?
Thanks,
Dezi
I’ve got a couple different things. Not sure where you’re located. I use a regular insecticidal soap, trifecta crop control, and I used a HotShot to nap the mite issue. I don’t advise using a hotshot if your tent is inside your home. Garage is okay. Now if ever have a pest issue it’s good to use 3 different preventatives. If you’re only spraying one thing the pests may build immunity to that spray and it won’t be effective any longer. That’s why it’s good to spray a couple different things a couple
Times a week as preventative. I personally haven’t had an issue since 1 week before flower. The hotshot really solved all of my pest issues rapidly.
Burnz

DezmondG

DezmondG

I’ve got a couple different things. Not sure where you’re located. I use a regular insecticidal soap, trifecta crop control, and I used a HotShot to nap the mite issue. I don’t advise using a hotshot if your tent is inside your home. Garage is okay. Now if ever have a pest issue it’s good to use 3 different preventatives. If you’re only spraying one thing the pests may build immunity to that spray and it won’t be effective any longer. That’s why it’s good to spray a couple different things a couple
Times a week as preventative. I personally haven’t had an issue since 1 week before flower. The hotshot really solved all of my pest issues rapidly.
Burnz
I’m in SW Ontario. Thanks for the tips. And yes my tent is in my basement. I will keep an eye but also get some preventive solutions to be on the safe side.

mk23tas

mk23tas

Thanks. I was a little worried that they were not doing so good. I treated for the PM and I also picked up some bloom nutes to start to add lightly when I feed. I was watering too often but have started to learn what to watch and feel for. Fingers crossed over the next few days they will perk back up :). I can’t wait to see buds starting. Should I do some defoliation any time or leave them alone?
Again many thanks.

About the defoliating. I read an article from a botanist about never touching the leaves on the plant. He said that the plant "knows" when leaves don't get enough light. When the leaves don't get enough light the plant will remove all energy and nutrients from the leaf before it dies. If you remove the leaf then the plant won't get the energy from the leaf and the plant has to heal the area where it was removed.

My current grow I didn't take any leaves off and eventually all of the leaves fell off that weren't receiving light. This plant is doing a lot better than any other plant I have grown. This is my first time not defoliating and from these results I don't think I will ever again.

mk23tas

mk23tas

Well it is such a nice day out and I really wanted to see how my 4 plants are doing. I decided to take them outside and do a quick trim and a second treatment of cyclone. It’s sooooo hard to tell the colours under HPS so that is the reason I took them out. Also for a photo shoot to show them off to guys :). I think they are doing pretty good. I did take off any older or damaged leaves. This is day 9 in flower at 12/12.
Let me know what you all think :). Thanks for stopping by.
Dezi

The issue with bringing the plants outside increases the risks of pests. I lost a plant because I brought it outside and some insects came in on one of the plants. The best thing about growing indoors is you can control the environment.

DezmondG

DezmondG

The issue with bringing the plants outside increases the risks of pests. I lost a plant because I brought it outside and some insects came in on one of the plants. The best thing about growing indoors is you can control the environment.
Very true. I wanted to get some decent pics as I am using HPS and hate that colour. So far ok. I do have PM that has only been hanging out on one plant and I have been spraying Cyclone on all of them once a week. Hope it doesn’t spread. We shall see.

mk23tas

mk23tas

Very true. I wanted to get some decent pics as I am using HPS and hate that colour. So far ok. I do have PM that has only been hanging out on one plant and I have been spraying Cyclone on all of them once a week. Hope it doesn’t spread. We shall see.

Have you tried Neem oil? I have had good results in the past. One thing to keep in mind though, don't spray anything on your buds unless absolutely necessary. I say this because Neem for example is harmless on it's own, but who knows what it will do if you smoke it since it's on the bud.

DezmondG

DezmondG

Have you tried Neem oil? I have had good results in the past. One thing to keep in mind though, don't spray anything on your buds unless absolutely necessary. I say this because Neem for example is harmless on it's own, but who knows what it will do if you smoke it since it's on the bud.
I’m just starting week 3 of flower. Not sure if it’s a good idea or not. I guess with this cyclone stuff I can spray all the way to harvest. ?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I’m just starting week 3 of flower. Not sure if it’s a good idea or not. I guess with this cyclone stuff I can spray all the way to harvest. ?
Watch that PM. It will spread at an alarmingly fast rate. 3rd week of flower should be okay to spray, but not on the flowers.

mk23tas

mk23tas

Neem oil/water/detergent mix got rid of the mildew on my plant in a couple of days, but this was in the beginning in veg. I don't have any experience with Cyclone.

DezmondG

DezmondG

@BurnzYzBudZz @mk23tas @Aqua Man This sucks ass!!!! I thought I was doing a good thing by taking out the plant that had WPM on it, did a trim to get most of the affected leaves off and then thought now would be a good time to open it up a bit to let more air circulate and also to let more light in.

SNAP!!!!! Fuck me split the bitch wide open :( I guess she didn't want me spreading her legs that far :( . Might be better off anyways as this was the affected plant so now I set it outside and will watch it die off. Lesson learned. Now I have 3 plants to look after. Oh ya and this was in 3rd week of flower too.

Next grow is 1 Plant in a DIY room, DIY RDWC, DIY Light, and gonna be a lot of fun. Once I get this grow finished, we shall move to some more exciting grows.

IMG 0726
IMG 0727
IMG 0728
IMG 0731
IMG 0732
IMG 0729
IMG 0730
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@BurnzYzBudZz @mk23tas @Aqua Man This sucks ass!!!! I thought I was doing a good thing by taking out the plant that had WPM on it, did a trim to get most of the affected leaves off and then thought now would be a good time to open it up a bit to let more air circulate and also to let more light in.

SNAP!!!!! Fuck me split the bitch wide open :( I guess she didn't want me spreading her legs that far :( . Might be better off anyways as this was the affected plant so now I set it outside and will watch it die off. Lesson learned. Now I have 3 plants to look after. Oh ya and this was in 3rd week of flower too.

IMG_0733.JPG

IMG_0732.JPG

IMG_0731.JPG

IMG_0728.JPG

IMG_0727.JPG

IMG_0726.JPG

IMG_0730.JPG

IMG_0729.JPG

Next grow is 1 Plant in a DIY room, DIY RDWC, DIY Light, and gonna be a lot of fun. Once I get this grow finished, we shall move to some more exciting grows.
Your fine dude. Push her back up and tape it tight. She will heal.

I can't see the pics

DezmondG

DezmondG

Well decided to tape her back together with electrical tape and try my version of lollipop to it. Got rid of a ton of leaves (almost all the WPM ones) and cleaned everything up and stuck it back in the tent. If it grows awesome, if it dies, lesson learned. I’m ok with it. :)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Should I leave her out because of the WPM????
Imo if I had WPM I would cut every single bit of it off and treat the plant. I can't tell you how because I haven't dealt with it. Some use sulfur, some green cleaner, some milk. Lots of things.

I have a feeling hydrogaurd or bacillus amyloliquefaciens products like AG something would be effective but I can't say for sure.

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

What is the stretch on Bubba Kush? I've grown a number of crosses, but never BK itself.

Some of the crosses are stretchy, so if the stretch more than doubles the height, that's a little long. I mostly grow sativa doms, and vegging to half the maximum height you can handle is usually not a good idea, unless you're ready to get into some plant bondage.

It's easy to control height by pinching, training, bending stems, etc., though first time growers often don't realize how much you can "torture" plants before you really damage it and damage yield. If you have someone around who can guide you in that, you can grow them to half the height your tent will allow
I totally second this. I’m on my first grow of a sativa as well and it was scary at first but my buddy showed me I bent the living daylights out of mine. Broke them even a couple times. Topped the piss out of them They exploded

Top Bottom