First time grow ! Rust colored spots !

• Thread starter Hayin_
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

So add peroxide to my tap water? I’m so sorry I’m confused
Yea that was a side convo mb. So most people get root rot, we fight it using two methods. Sterile or live. Sterile uses chemicles that break down the cell walls of all microbial life within your water, meaning the fungus is killed by peroxide or other methods. In live systems we use bacteria that actually eat the fungus that grows. We are turning the pythium into enzymes that the plant can re-use. You can still get root rot if your not carefull just as with sterile systems, but with live systems you can run at a little warmer temps. . which most of us who do it feel increases growth rates. I chose live over sterile, but most chose sterile over live. Your fine going either way. Just pick one now and someone will help you. But since your not having root rot issues, no big deal atm. So no, dont add nothing yet, keep doing what your doing, but add some calmag.

H

Hayin_

Hello to all those who helped me through my grow. My girl is 31 days old 🤍. And the only concerns I have of her now is all the new leaves getting enough light to grow. A lot of people are telling me chop off the top of her but she’s an auto flower and I’m not sure she’d have enough time to recover. Or some people are saying low stress training but I have to way to tie the stems down

3C1FF646 F343 4CC4 BA17 749FFB4849D2
28A0F494 9E51 4436 A76E F95D1F9DCC79
H

Hayin_

At this point I’m thinking about just chopping them down I’m exhausted with all the stress this plant continues to give me. All these spots that just show up randomly every single time. The new leaves would look fine and then all of a sudden I’ll look and there will be spots developing on them. I check the ph every day I clean out the medium every feeding day I clean my tools. The light is far as hell away. I switched my water . At this point
I have no idea what else to do

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
didnt read this, but just wanted to tell you, those spots? they are from drops of water getting on the leaf and the light amplifies it and makes little burn dots.

think magnifying glass and ants...

H

Hayin_

didnt read this, but just wanted to tell you, those spots? they are from drops of water getting on the leaf and the light amplifies it and makes little burn dots.

But there has been no water on the leaves at all I spray at night once the light goes off

11Ron11

11Ron11

I never thought about that...lol
I'm reading this post because my leaves were turning brown after I mist them with a peroxide and water mix I'm getting over a gnat problem.
I was blaming the peroxide but it makes sense that my LEDS are magnifying the water.
I will stop misting my plants..
Thanks

20220207 180539
20220205 173241
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
if you reach the pot over, or have a wet hand, or any number of ways...

i hope that is what happened on yours ron, if so, the new growth will be fine.

H

Hayin_

if you reach the pot over, or have a wet hand, or any number of ways...

i hope that is what happened on yours ron, if so, the new growth will be fine.
I don’t touch with wet hands I normally use gloves and I only spray her when she’s in the dark stage so that the lights don’t create water spot burns. These appeared out of no where and have done this through out my growing process. And as a first time grower this is discouraging me to never do this again

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Are you using CALMAG? Why is your starting ph so high? Go down to 5.6 let it raise to 5.8 and then drop it. Dont stop until you fix your issues. What will you learn by quitting? Hydro systems work very well and are worth fighting through the learning curve.

So if your not using calmag, use it. And since your flora trio, and your roots look fine. . . all I can say is Calmag? If you are using it. . let me know. What are your stating PPM and what is it 24hrs later, does it raise or lower, what is your water temp, room temps. Did you ever decide on running a live or sterile system?

Click my last video lol. . .6 plants in one hydro system. You need to continue with this. These issues are nothing I havnt seen or even had. Your doing 90% right. . almost there, why quit?

And dont spray your plants with anything, ever. .idk if you are, but no reason to in hydro. You have no issues getting water to your leafs lol. . .My humidity got down in the teens during veg/flower this winter, but by looking at my grow you would never know. Hydro might be more challenging to start, but once you get 95% of it understood, your not killing anything.

H

Hayin_

I am using cal mag. I do use in small quantity (2.5) because when I first added the cal mag that’s when the spots started to appear on the plant. Orange spots. My roots actually did just early this week start to be stunted in growth and were brown. I brought hydroguard and added some of that and my roots recovered in less then 24 hours. The spots you see in that picture above did not appear until after feeding day. I keep the ph at at least 6.0 because I read and was told that it should be anywhere between 5.8 - 6.5. My ppm fluctuates last time I checked (Wednesday) she was right at 463 then Thursday she was 534 I have not checked her yet today. I lost so lot of leaves because of this. All the work was being sent to the damaged/sick leaves and the new leaves were stunted in growth.. and the roots were starting to dampen off and were turning brown. My plant now looks naked .. and im fearful she won’t recover since she is a auto flower and just a month old. Im only frustrated because I feel like once I fix one problem another appears. And I feel as though I’m doing something wrong by her. And can’t find much about it or what to fix it. I assumed it was a nutrient lock out and or burn. Because of the marks. And decided to rinse the roots and give her a good flushing to maybe recover her. At this point I don’t know what to do anymore. I’m not sure of my water temps because I didn’t know that could affect anything. But I do believe just room temperature water . I’m just not sure if exactly what temp.

CBECAAF1 EB8E 4777 8FB4 4E100FF86B98
5A02179D 10D6 4A73 806C 10A5AEE22C58
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

So you want your ppms to slowly lower. Your overfeeding. As for your ur ratios, your prolly giving it too much calmag. So let's also give the hydroguard some time to work.

Few ways you can make a batch of nutrients. Your using everything I am lol.. So there's lots of ways we can do this. Let's start by using equal ratios starting with calmag, then micro, then grow, then bloom, then hydroguard.

Use the transition blend until your root issues are fixed. Hydroguard is 2ml per gallon no matter what. Trio I usually Start seedlings at 1/2 ml of each nutrient bottle per gallon of ro. This usually gets me about 250ppm then I dilute a bit. Once I see no issues I go for aggressive veg trio blend.

Don't quit lol.. Live and learn and u won't regret it.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Wow, that plant is not happy!

Did I miss all the data? Environmental, I guess it's an auto, seed I assume? Something is out to lunch and we need the full picture to figure out what. What you are doing right now is not working.

H

Hayin_

So you want your ppms to slowly lower. Your overfeeding. As for your ur ratios, your prolly giving it too much calmag. So let's also give the hydroguard some time to work.

Few ways you can make a batch of nutrients. Your using everything I am lol.. So there's lots of ways we can do this. Let's start by using equal ratios starting with calmag, then micro, then grow, then bloom, then hydroguard.

Use the transition blend until your root issues are fixed. Hydroguard is 2ml per gallon no matter what. Trio I usually Start seedlings at 1/2 ml of each nutrient bottle per gallon of ro. This usually gets me about 250ppm then I dilute a bit. Once I see no issues I go for aggressive veg trio blend.

Don't quit lol.. Live and learn and u won't regret it.
I definitely 100 % with the over feeding I thought I mentioned that. But definitely could be the cause . And maybe that’s what’s leading to the lock out and burn . I only give them 2.5 but maybe that’s still too much. Maybe I’ve been also pouring the nutrients in wrong too I don’t knowwww! But okay equal parts and use this transition blend . Okay.. I’m going to make note of this. She looks so naked now.. but those leaves were just not having it anymore.

josefrahl

josefrahl

I think you're stressing her out. Don't dump and clean the tank every week. Just drain it then refill with nute mixed water.

H

Hayin_

Wow, that plant is not happy!

Did I miss all the data? Environmental, I guess it's an auto, seed I assume? Something is out to lunch and we need the full picture to figure out what. What you are doing right now is not working.
Well we discovered that something is off.. that’s why I’m here trying to get help.. I’m trying my best. It’s my first grow

H

Hayin_

I think you're stressing her out. Don't dump and clean the tank every week. Just drain it then refill with nute mixed water.
They type of hydroponic i have does not have a draining system unfortunately. So I just pour it out and wash the base and then add fresh water and nutrients. I think me and her are both stressing each other out.

Top Bottom