First Time Grow. SOG-style Sampler using Pot for Pot

• Thread starter Milson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fudge

Fudge

Nice little set up you got. If your upsizing pots you should look into auto pots. Might not be your thing but it looks like a cool pot system.

I have a couple of autopot systems but have sort of made myself a DIY version by using the single holiday watering system easy2go , and using a 1M x 1M plastic mixing tray (wish id got white as the black can get quite hot until the mylar goes on) with mylar stretched over it, cut some holes in for the pots then 4 x 15L pots ( 3 Gallon in US gallons I think LOL ) . I top feed by hand until roots show through the bottoms of the pots then I set them away on the autopot. I use an inch of perlite at the bottom of the pot so her roots are never sat in the wet. But the Aquavalve does a good job of allowing the plants to go through their wet/dry cycle by using a unique system due to water retention inside the valve. pretty great and time saving .
But you are looking at about £250 for an 8 single pot system with a tank, my way you can get an 8 pot system ( 2 x 4 pot) (with your won solid regular water butt tank instead of the expensive flexitank) for £120 ish all in. Plus your not bound by pot size as you Use whatever you want ,Ive used 15L buckets with holes drilled in all over then lined with weed control material so are DIY air pots too, they work a treat with some brilliant root systems on them. Not a pot bound root in sight all very thick fibrous roots due to them air pruning themselves.

Anyway sorry for the slightly highjacked topic @Milson Great job btw mate ,looks amazing Im a bit jealous as the cupboard is getting slightly bare and 6 weeks to go on my 1st lot that I managed to save from their nightmare ordeal, but things are defo starting to look peachy in the indoor garden of Eden again. Ive got my arse in gear now too so will be back on here with some pics and updates to what ive got going on soon

Last edited:
TheKushie

TheKushie

I have a couple of autopot systems but have sort of made myself a DIY version by using the single holiday watering system easy2go , and using a 1M x 1M plastic mixing tray (wish id got white as the black can get quite hot until the mylar goes on) with mylar stretched over it, cut some holes in for the pots then 4 x 15L pots ( 3 Gallon in US gallons I think LOL ) . I top feed by hand until roots show through the bottoms of the pots then I set them away on the autopot. I use an inch of perlite at the bottom of the pot so her roots are never sat in the wet. But the Aquavalve does a good job of allowing the plants to go through their wet/dry cycle by using a unique system due to water retention inside the valve. pretty great and time saving .
But you are looking at about £250 for an 8 single pot system with a tank, my way you can get an 8 pot system ( 2 x 4 pot) (with your won solid regular water butt tank instead of the expensive flexitank) for £120 ish all in. Plus your not bound by pot size as you Use whatever you want ,Ive used 15L buckets with holes drilled in all over then lined with weed control material so are DIY air pots too, they work a treat with some brilliant root systems on them. Not a pot bound root in sight all very thick fibrous roots due to them air pruning themselves.

Anyway sorry for the slightly highjacked topic @Milson Great job btw mate ,looks amazing Im a bit jealous as the cupboard is getting slightly bare and 6 weeks to go on my 1st lot that I managed to save from their nightmare ordeal, but things are defo starting to look peachy in the indoor garden of Eden again. Ive got my arse in gear now too so will be back on here with some pics and updates to what ive got going on soon

I've never really grown hydroponics so or know much about those systems that's why auto pots interest me with their gravity fed system. But that's for the tip, I'll look into diy system since your saying it would be half price haha cheers

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
@Fudge no problem mate, I love information sharing.

Personally I like to water by hand. It's just a few plants and I'm getting a feel for it all. Plus I grow in a layered system so I kind of have to watch and feel.

Fudge

Fudge

I've never really grown hydroponics so or know much about those systems that's why auto pots interest me with their gravity fed system. But that's for the tip, I'll look into diy system since your saying it would be half price haha cheers
Not fully DIY as you still use their aQuavalve as even similar stuff like the alien system isn't anywhere near as good as they can fill with water and not work fully if moved about. I hope you build what you need. I love to find something that works really well,then see if I can make it cheaper haha. My cheap idea on airpots is working great. Happy growing

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Btw my other ladies finishing pretty soon were getting crabby about me not showing them off and only showing LA Confidential.😆😍🦵

Purple Haze
IMG 20200827 183720040

IMG 20200827 183724550

IMG 20200827 183736120

IMG 20200827 183745224

Maui Wowie
IMG 20200827 183750799
IMG 20200827 183750799
IMG 20200827 183755907
IMG 20200827 183807061 HDR
IMG 20200827 183813650

IMG 20200827 183759515
Last edited:
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Getting close to harvest! I want to see amber in la confidential though 🤔

L.A. Confidential

IMG 20200830 120652245
IMG 20200830 120700448
IMG 20200830 120713475
IMG 20200830 120723181
IMG 20200830 120731827
IMG 20200830 120748827
IMG 20200830 120807004
IMG 20200830 120824832
IMG 20200830 120856872
Madmax

Madmax

Man that Wowie is stacking.those buds are filthy as bro.how longs the flowering on that one..

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Man that Wowie is stacking.those buds are filthy as bro.how longs the flowering on that one..
Thanks! This is week nine. I'm wondering how Hawaiian she really is but her stem rub smells amazing. They all do tbh, all different. LA C is pretty earthy, purple haze has that but like a woody something to it, Maui smells vaguely fruity, NYC brighter than Maui, critical seems kind of like LA C.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Which one is your favorite so far?
Thanks for stopping by! I want to grow the purple haze again because her shape is beautiful, I just stunted her by blowing cold air on her roots 😔 also her smell is just...idk there is something there.

I have learned so much in this grow. The fact that Maui and LA C are still alive is a testament to amazing genetics.

Other than that, we will see how they smoke/feel.

Fudge

Fudge

@Milson This is what i use for co2 and things are really looking good at your end my friend. Your defo getting more pro and less hobbyist now, I love The Farm Knowledge is power

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter

@Milson This is what i use for co2 and things are really looking good at your end my friend. Your defo getting more pro and less hobbyist now, I love The Farm Knowledge is power
Ooo that looks handyyyy.

And I am firmly an amateur, haha. But thank you very much for the kind words.

Now to investigate this new contraption you have unleashed on my imagination.

Fudge

Fudge

Ooo that looks handyyyy.

And I am firmly an amateur, haha. But thank you very much for the kind words.

Now to investigate this new contraption you have unleashed on my imagination.
add a soldenoid and you can time it too

Fudge

Fudge

Pretty lucky you caught it now tbf or there could have been more, you can get liquid mush rapidly

Top Bottom