First time grower..could use a little help or advice

• Thread starter shado
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

shado

Ya i think as a first timer i'm probably worrying to much over nothing to serious. Plus i think i'm comparing it to the other one which looks a lot better, in color and shape.which is probably not so good seen as its a different strain.

On a side note both plants are starting to show little side branches underneath which are coming along nicely.

P

Producer

Right on man!
Its good that you're on top of things though. Cuz that could have been a potentially
more serious problem.
And im glad the plants are starting to grow side branches.
You should start a grow diary bro.
Keep everybody updated.

S

shado

Thanks Producer.
I was thinking of starting a diary. it would probably just be lots of pics and not much text lol .. i've been taking pics every day.

I also repotted both today, and they seem to be doin fine. was a little worried about doin it as in the past when repotting plants(garden/home) the soil usually crumbles in my hand when i remove the plant from the smaller pot,but not today,woohoo :)
not actually sure how many liters the new pots are, it didn't say on them, guy in the shop said 6-7liters, but i dont think so.
I'll post some pics a bit later.

How much of a root system would a 16 days old plant have in 500ml pots?
there wasn't much roots showing on the sides or the bottom. but the roots i did see were nice and thick,almost as thick as the main stem

P

Producer

Lots of pictures are good man! Those are my favorite diaries! lol
And for 16 day old roots..I dont know how big the roots should be. 16 days is still pretty young. If you could see nice size roots though then thats a good sign.
Im sure they're good bro!
But ya, get that diary going!!

S

shado

a little update on my plants at day 16, both repotted into 8" pots.

Auto Kaya47
AKY47 Day 16 1
AKY47 Day 16 2

AKY47 Day 16 3

Auto Skunk Mass
ASM Day 16 1
ASM Day 16 2

ASM Day 16 3

P

Producer

Nice man! They're looking good! Most of those spots have gone away and it seems like they're regaining they're color. However the leaf tips are still curling up a bit..
What are your temperatures at?

S

shado

Ya those very bottom leaves are still curling a bit but the rest seem fine.
temps are 23-25C or 73-77F at lights on and drops to about 19/20C or 66/68F light out.
Today i got a digital thermometer/hygrometer ($2 on ebay :D ) and it shows my humidity is at 48%
I also got a ph test kit, but i'm not sure what ph my water is cause the chart that came with it doesn't match the color i'm getting.If i have to guess i'd say between 6.5 - 7.5

P

Producer

Cool bro! Those conditions sound pretty good man!
And just try and PH your water between 5.8 and 6.3

S

shado

I have read that using lemon juice will bring the Ph of the water down. Have you heard of this before or seen it anywhere? It should work as Ph down is increasing the acidic levels of the water and lemon juice is acidic

S

shado

A little update on my 2 autos. I'm at day 26 and they seem to be doing fine.
Haven't really been using nutes for veg as soil should contain enough and they were repotted at day 16 so that should keep them going till i put in the flowertabs i got in the next day or so. I did give a little molasses with the water last week and again today.

I also tried a little LST on one. I know LST isn't really suited for auto's coz of short veg time. It was more for getting a little practice for my next grow.

Some pics,first the Auto Kaya47

AKY47 Day 26 2

AKY47 Day 26 4

AKY47 Day 26 6

And the Auto Skunk Mass with the attempt on Lst

ASM Day 26 1

ASM Day 26 3

ASM Day 26 7

Any comments welcome.

P

Producer

Hey bro! Looking 100% better since last pics!
The leaves were getting pretty dark green but they've bounced back and all the new growth seems to be doing really well too man! Good job Shado!
And props on the LST! Looking badass! A very good first attempt.
Like you said, its not well suited for Auto's but it gives you that much more practice under your belt for your next grow.
Keep up the good work!
You'll be a pro in no time!

S

shado

thanks man.
wasn't so sure about the Lst at first but in the last few days it more than doubled in size. cant wait to get the Ice going and have a propper go at it.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

I think the spots You were seeing earlier were just wind burn IME. Usually N toxicity will have the plant looking really dark green almost blue even. Also I was going to mention that in soil you will rarely have to flush fully as long as you maintain proper runoff throughout the grow. Failure to let plants runoff will murder your yields too. GOod luck!

S

shado

I think the spots You were seeing earlier were just wind burn IME. Usually N toxicity will have the plant looking really dark green almost blue even. Also I was going to mention that in soil you will rarely have to flush fully as long as you maintain proper runoff throughout the grow. Failure to let plants runoff will murder your yields too. GOod luck!

thanks for the comment. i'm still not sure what the spot are,they never got any worse, just the first 2 true leaves and lower fan leaves got them and are still there. not sure if it would have been wind burn, at that time i was only using two 2" 12v pc fans. 1 on each plant.

How exactly do u mean maintain proper runoff throughout? i usually water until the water just starts to runoff then i stop.

P

Producer

I think what he meant by proper runoff shado is to check your PH levels from the water coming out the bottom of the pot.
So if when you're pouring water in through the top of your pot and your PH levels are normal going in but coming out the bottom off the pot differently than you might have a problem. Thats one way of determining if you have a nute build up.
So its not a bad idea to PH your water from the runoff.

S

shado

thanks man.
I probably wont be posting anymore on this thread, you if want follow my grow check out my new grow diary ;)

P

Producer

Hehe! Atta boy! Props on the grow Diary!
I'll be popping in regularly.

Top Bottom