First time grower, have some questions

• Thread starter elusiveshame
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

elusiveshame

Well, I learned a lesson in using nets, especially using the wrong size net. First lesson: wear gloves. Second lesson: nets are a pain to remove. I think I snapped a branch or 2. Hopefully that won’t affect the drying.

Here they are without the net:
1A44EEC4 BDDB 48F4 AF46 C802AED4FBA6

It was really amazing to see how much the netting held the plants up.

51AEFAB2 6B49 4E28 B9C3 9CAD7C3DA5D7

I have the fans aimed as much away from the plants as possible.

Humidity should be set between 54-60%, temp is 72ish.

I didn’t trim the fan leaves off, not sure it’ll make much of a difference or not, but I’m hoping not.

Guess I’ll start bending stems every few days now :)

Cannagar

Cannagar

Well, I learned a lesson in using nets, especially using the wrong size net. First lesson: wear gloves. Second lesson: nets are a pain to remove. I think I snapped a branch or 2. Hopefully that won’t affect the drying.

View attachment 1314480

View attachment 1314481

I didn’t trim the fan leaves off, not sure it’ll make much of a difference or not, but I’m hoping not.

Your close to the finish line. But this is a big milestone. Congrats on your first chop! its a great feeling isnt it? 😆

As far as the fan leaves. Thats fine. Some people may even say its preferable.

E

elusiveshame

Bent a branch or 2 this morning - still super pliable as expected.

The purple in them is really starting to come through though!

027F2E6A 2EF6 4E29 992B A866A88BC3D2

Kind of hard to see since I was using my cellphone flash, but they’re looking good.

M

Maximus420

View attachment 1314867

Kind of hard to see since I was using my cellphone flash, but they’re looking good.
i seen a video on youtube and the guy wasnt bending the main braches he was bending the little branch the bud is attached too. right at the base of the bud to check the snap and dryness. you should check into that

M

Maximus420

View attachment 1314867

E

elusiveshame

I’ll check this out, thanks!

I actually bent a main stalk near the base. I figured if that didn’t “snap”, further up wouldn’t either. But if that’s wrong, I’d rather know now than later :)

M

Maximus420

I’ll check this out, thanks!

I actually bent a main stalk near the base. I figured if that didn’t “snap”, further up wouldn’t either. But if that’s wrong, I’d rather know now than later :)
well i guess you can bend the main stem and listen for the snap but dont want it to break completly.. i just came across this video.. and everyone was saying waiting for the main stem to crack there buds were too dry. check the comments out

E

elusiveshame

So this is the video I was using as a guide:

Seems like your video just skips his first part, but similar info :)

E

elusiveshame

well i guess you can bend the main stem and listen for the snap but dont want it to break completly.. i just came across this video.. and everyone was saying waiting for the main stem to crack there buds were too dry. check the comments out

Ah gotcha. I’m only in day 2 of drying, but that’s good info to be aware of!

M

Maximus420

the humidity got low to like 40 in the room 1 night and my buds felt super dry around the 8 day, so i trimmed it. but it was not completly dry.
im drying around 67 degrees and 58-60 humidity.. you should be alright around with your setup

E

elusiveshame

the humidity got low to like 40 in the room 1 night and my buds felt super dry around the 8 day, so i trimmed it. but it was not completly dry.
im drying around 67 degrees and 58-60 humidity.. you should be alright around with your setup
Yeah, my humidity dropped down in the 40’s for probably 2-3 hours last night, but I’ll keep an eye out on the buds as well, especially since the temp is hovering between 72 and 76F due to having to heat the house.

JerzeyMike

JerzeyMike

Looking good Elusive, congrats! Those temps are a little high, but just keep an eye on them as they will dry out faster. They are doing great, good work. ✌🏻

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

If the outside gets prematurely dry due to temporary humidity drop you can jar them for a few days and the residual core moisture will rehydrate the outer portion of the flower. You can then return them to your dry net or whatever you're using for that portion of the dry stage.

E

elusiveshame

Looking good Elusive, congrats! Those temps are a little high, but just keep an eye on them as they will dry out faster. They are doing great, good work. ✌🏻

Thanks man! Yeah, I’m gonna be checking them daily just to be sure.

If the outside gets prematurely dry due to temporary humidity drop you can jar them for a few days and the residual core moisture will rehydrate the outer portion of the flower. You can then return them to your dry net or whatever you're using for that portion of the dry stage.

The tent should stay between 55-60%, it only dipped that low because I ran out of water in the humidifier.

Once I get to the trim, I have grove bags to use :)

E

elusiveshame

So I’ve been bending the main stalks and I heard a good crunch tonight.

I figured I’d test to see if I could pop a bud off, and one came off fairly easily and had a strand of fiber on it.

I also popped a bud off the other plant, and while no fiber attached, it popped off with little force.

8673215E 75EB 4021 AD0E 31924AAA70B7

ADDEF536 4E60 436D B6A1 A72C79283FE2

Just 2 little buds.

The smaller one didn’t fill a blunt, so I had it sectioned off. It smelled like lemon, and was a very smooth smoke.

The 2nd bud (the lighter picture) was enough to fill a blunt (albeit thin), and also smoked very smooth. It smelled like citrus, though, and was a nice slow burn.

They both seem ready to trim, so I’ll do that tomorrow afternoon, which will be a full 8 days since I cut them. I’ll then weigh them out and toss them in grove bags for the next few weeks as I finish off my current stash and start digging in 😁

Cypress66

Cypress66

View attachment 1314480

View attachment 1314481

If that is your first time (hope I'm right lol I have not seen the whole thread yet) you have got to the final round. The fact that you have a smoke is a good thing to do and it's just going to get better if you stick with it well done you ✌️👍

E

elusiveshame

If that is your first time (hope I'm right lol I have not seen the whole thread yet) you have got to the final round. The fact that you have a smoke is a good thing to do and it's just going to get better if you stick with it well done you ✌️👍

Yep, this is my first time! I figure I have enough weed currently to last me until Friday or Saturday, so when I start diving in, it'll be within the first week of curing. I know it's not the best time to smoke it, but it's either that, or buy some more. I'd like to avoid buying more, but it's also going to depend on how much there is when it's all trimmed up.

Top Bottom