First Time Grower - Help!!!

• Thread starter scott.0691
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Thank You...Way too easy to build...I laid out the trays and built around them...nice and snug..and I can replace the trays if needed...the wire is galvanized so it will not rust...in addition I used 1/2 inch wire staples to secure the wire to the 2x4's...I am going to upload the pics I didn't rotate..haha..I do not know what caused the one set of leaves to spiral...but it has given the plant a bit of personality
3 gal fabric pots?

Dunge

Dunge

I encourage, and get excited by all efforts at purpose built modifications.
That being said, I predict that your base screen will be abandoned sooner than later.

First, every inch of head space is valuable.
But ultimately, I suggest that it is unnecessary.

Once your plants get a bit bigger their water uptake will be rapid enough that a bit of runoff in the base will quickly be sucked up.

In face, the "hempy bucket" has a wet nutrient zone built into the bottom.

Another note: No green leaf serves as a "toilet" in my understanding.
Default to not cutting a thing until you have a strategy/reason to cut.
Then, if wrong, at least you learn.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Once your plants get a bit bigger their water uptake will be rapid enough that a bit of runoff in the base will quickly be sucked up.

And how will that happen with the pot sitting on the screen above the water?

scott.0691

scott.0691

I totally agree with the headspace as being valuable...my tent is 5' tall...with the hood and lanyards I have lost 18" so I am down to 3'6" I lost 3.75" for the platform...subtract 12 inches for the space between the light and the tops...I am down to 24"....yes I can see that in "ANY" grow tent size within reason you will be limited on headspace...so that being said...without the platform those variables are necessary...IMO I have lost 3.75" of headspace then from when I started...that to me is an acceptable loss of headspace...besides once I start LST I will 'canopy" the plants in order to minimize the plants topping out...but thank you for your opinion...and insight

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I totally agree with the headspace as being valuable...my tent is 5' tall...with the hood and lanyards I have lost 18" so I am down to 3'6" I lost 3.75" for the platform...subtract 12 inches for the space between the light and the tops...I am down to 24"....yes I can see that in "ANY" grow tent size within reason you will be limited on headspace...so that being said...without the platform those variables are necessary...IMO I have lost 3.75" of headspace then from when I started...that to me is an acceptable loss of headspace...besides once I start LST I will 'canopy" the plants in order to minimize the plants topping out...but thank you for your opinion...and insight
Hmmmm...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Well here goes another Dale Earnhardt in too turn 3...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Not quite sure...I understand your post...I may be over zealous....but hey who isn't....when growing bud
Lol not really what i meant..
Im on the road.. Get with mw and have him lead you to are thread and make some friends.. Im on the road on my way home from vacation so i cant really mess very long.. You got talent u just need some direction..
You got a lot of advice here. Some good some not..
I vouch for mw and dunge and their advice... I dont really know the other cats..

And one here seems to give a lot of advice thats seems regurgitated from another site. I might just run him off before long if he keeps giving shotty advice..

Happy growing brother and welcome to the farm...!

Enforcer

Enforcer

Live in the country with well water that is high in Alkaline.

I just reread your first post and saw this. Definitely will impact you plants. Even if you correct the ph, it's not good. I would suggest an RO filter. If your thorough, you can piece together everything you need for about $250 off of Amazon.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I just reread your first post and saw this. Definitely will impact you plants. Even if you correct the ph, it's not good. I would suggest an RO filter. If your thorough, you can piece together everything you need for about $250 off of Amazon.
About a 100 for a 50 gal a day ro setup for plants only..

Enforcer

Enforcer

About a 100 for a 50 gal a day ro setup for plants only..
True, size will impact price. I got a 150gpd filter, float valve, 35gal trash can, and hoses/fittings to put it all together for about $250 all said and done. The filter itself was $155.

Side note, 150gpd is more than I will ever need.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

True, size will impact price. I got a 150gpd filter, float valve, 35gal trash can, and hoses/fittings to put it all together for about $250 all said and done. The filter itself was $155.

Side note, 150gpd is more than I will ever need.
That actually is a pretty good deal for that size, including the xtras..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Who is this comment directed towards?
Im not gonna say..
I need more time to make sure im correct..
They give good advice on some things and not so good on others..
We just gonna leave it at that..
I prob overstated my temper about the subject.
Reason being that some advice is detrimental to plant survival..
I feel it my duty to help all new ppl and some advice is hard to come back from...

I give an example..
Newbie A asks?
Whats a good median..
Newbie B replys..
Coco, but add peralite and ffof to it..
3 weeks later plants look like the are being grown at the fukishimo atomic waste spill...

How do i tell a newbie to come back from that.. ?
So some advice is very detrimental!
I also judge how serious the bad advice is..

And when i said mw and dunge it wasnt to knock everybody else, it was because i know they understand the situation..
Mw is new but very astute. And is learning from the right ppl..
Dunge's advice speaks for itself.
Plus ive read many other posts by him..
The rest of you im still reading and learning who you are...

Nobody should think its about them,
But EVERYBODY should consider its about them..
BUDDA
:)

Enforcer

Enforcer

Im not gonna say..
I need more time to make sure im correct..
They give good advice on some things and not so good on others..
We just gonna leave it at that..
I prob overstated my temper about the subject.
Reason being that some advice is detrimental to plant survival..
I feel it my duty to help all new ppl and some advice is hard to come back from...

I give an example..
Newbie A asks?
Whats a good median..
Newbie B replys..
Coco, but add peralite and ffof to it..
3 weeks later plants look like the are being grown at the fukishimo atomic waste spill...

How do i tell a newbie to come back from that.. ?
So some advice is very detrimental!
I also judge how serious the bad advice is..

And when i said mw and dunge it wasnt to knock everybody else, it was because i know they understand the situation..
Mw is new but very astute. And is learning from the right ppl..
Dunge's advice speaks for itself.
Plus ive read many other posts by him..
The rest of you im still reading and learning who you are...

Nobody should think its about them,
But EVERYBODY should consider its about them..
BUDDA
:)
Sounds perfectly reasonable. Thanks bro.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Sounds perfectly reasonable. Thanks bro.
Welcome bro..
Im still learning to be a more rounded person when i speak too.. Im slowly improving.. Now a days I catch myself by the second post at least lol...

Enforcer

Enforcer

Welcome bro..
Im still learning to be a more rounded person when i speak too.. Im slowly improving.. Now a days I catch myself by the second post at least lol...
No worries man. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish tone and meaning from text alone.

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

I'm in my 5th grow with coco. I went through something like this on my 3rd grow. I started off in a 3g pot and had issues from day one. I've always matured my girls in solo cups for the first 3 weeks at least. Another issue may be soil compaction. Coco can compress roots and inhibit healthy growth when over watered especially with young plants. I finally trans planted my girls to 1/2g pots and added a 30% pearlite and 10% vermiculite mix to the coco. I fed them Epsom salt and molasses @ 1tsp each per gallon of water for about 2+ weeks. The damaged and wilted leaves somewhat recovered, but the new growth was strong and healthy. I don't see a loss here. Cannabis is strong and can over come in time. Enjoy your grow, it's looking good.
1003162000c

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Not quite sure...I understand your post...I may be over zealous....but hey who isn't....when growing bud
Im in your corner brother.. Im just on the road today and am on my phone.when im on my labtop i can explain myself better..
But it has to do with 3 gal, nutes, freq of watering which means feeding. U alway feed!!!!
If you want to flush, then flush 3x pot size with 25% strength nutes.
Google cation exchange and the properties of coco..
Always listen with open arms for all advice but take your time deciding what seems right then run it past a member you trust..
Send him a PM so nobody gets butthurt.
In 6 months you will know what is what enough to substantiate what is recommendable and what is not....

Latest posts

Top Bottom