First Time Grower - Help!!!

• Thread starter scott.0691
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I'm in my 5th grow with coco. I went through something like this on my 3rd grow. I started off in a 3g pot and had issues from day one. I've always matured my girls in solo cups for the first 3 weeks at least. Another issue may be soil compaction. Coco can compress roots and inhibit healthy growth when over watered especially with young plants. I finally trans planted my girls to 1/2g pots and added a 30% pearlite and 10% vermiculite mix to the coco. I fed them Epsom salt and molasses @ 1tsp each per gallon of water for about 2+ weeks. The damaged and wilted leaves somewhat recovered, but the new growth was strong and healthy. I don't see a loss here. Cannabis is strong and can over come in time. Enjoy your grow, it's looking good.View attachment 753822
Hand fed?
Multiple feedings per day?

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

It's a learning curve for sure. So many people going in so many different directions. So many variables. Lighting, humidity, heat, nutrients, location, genetics and so on. I've been lucky so far and weeded out the repeated quotes from rollitup and other sites that just puke up growing techniques that have been running the internet for decades. Most these "Growers" probably never sunk a seed or fought a clone. Misdirection is flooding the information highway. But in time you learn. It's not rocket science. I screwed up my current grow by stupidity and going over the edge. But after 3 months of veg and committed devotion, I'm now in week 6
1204161655a
of flower and what I thought was a total loss may bring me an oz or 2.

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

Hand fed?
Multiple feedings per day?
I did a thorough wash to rule out toxicity. I let the plants run on the new soil with RO water and RO foliar for a week. Being coco and close to 50% pearlite and vermiculite the soil dried fast. This was awhile ago but I believe it took about 3 days for the pots to get light, then I watered with my homemade calmag. Worked for me. But my current grow I'm doing a raw sugar, molasses, agave, and Epsom salts @ 1tsp per gallon. It's been a week and not seeing anything spectacular, just sweetening the buds. Would I recommend this?, No. But it works for me.
1204161655b

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

It's a learning curve for sure. So many people going in so many different directions. So many variables. Lighting, humidity, heat, nutrients, location, genetics and so on. I've been lucky so far and weeded out the repeated quotes from rollitup and other sites that just puke up growing techniques that have been running the internet for decades. Most these "Growers" probably never sunk a seed or fought a clone. Misdirection is flooding the information highway. But in time you learn. It's not rocket science. I screwed up my current grow by stupidity and going over the edge. But after 3 months of veg and committed devotion, I'm now in week 6View attachment 753836 of flower and what I thought was a total loss may bring me an oz or 2.
Thats crazy as hell looking and looks pretty freaking cool too...
Them extra months of veg prob grew a really nice root system which is producing big colas...

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

1124161619a
Thats crazy as hell looking and looks pretty freaking cool too...
Them extra months of veg prob grew a really nice root system which is producing big colas...
Thanks. She's a bag seed so not sure of genetics. But she is growing some big long thick buds. The smell is amazing. It was an uphill battle with wins and losses. But heading into month 5 she looks like a winner in the end.

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

Well for a personal grower, its a success!
I grow for me. Small yields with awesome results. 750w of top and surround LED CFL lighting on a plant or two does wonders on resin production. Added UVA, 2 40w CFL bulbs. They "say" it helps trichome production. Don't seem to be hurting.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I grow for me. Small yields with awesome results. 750w of top and surround LED CFL lighting on a plant or two does wonders on resin production. Added UVA, 2 40w CFL bulbs. They "say" it helps trichome production. Don't seem to be hurting.
i take all that with a grain a salt.. They would advertise dog shit from the moon if they thought ppl would buy it..
Legalization is ruining the culture with every tom, dick, and Harry trying to make a buck off of home growers..
Genetics seemed to be a better factor in determing awesome productive resin production...
I actually had a led with uva seperate bulbs... California light works
and i dont think it did anything but take up room...

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

i take all that with a grain a salt.. They would advertise dog shit from the moon if they thought ppl would buy it..
Legalization is ruining the culture with every tom, dick, and Harry trying to make a buck off of home growers..
Genetics seemed to be a better factor in determing awesome productive resin production...
I actually had a led with uva seperate bulbs... California light works
and i dont think it did anything but take up room...
I do agree. Genetics are 100% the end product. I agree again with ruining the culture. But I wouldn't be growing if it wasn't legal. I stopped smoking weed a long time ago when I had my first kid. He's 33 now. I wasn't going to risk loosing my freedom and family to get high. But now it's legal, at least in my state. It blows my mind I can grow my own weed, legally. But the ones that are going to kill this are the make a profit growers. We just had a bust here, the high plains of Colorado. Over 100lbs. of packaged bud. And that's not even a big grow to some. It won't be long and our growing rights will be taken away do to greed. Enjoy while you can.

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

I do agree. Genetics are 100% the end product. I agree again with ruining the culture. But I wouldn't be growing if it wasn't legal. I stopped smoking weed a long time ago when I had my first kid. He's 33 now. I wasn't going to risk loosing my freedom and family to get high. But now it's legal, at least in my state. It blows my mind I can grow my own weed, legally. But the ones that are going to kill this are the make a profit growers. We just had a bust here, the high plains of Colorado. Over 100lbs. of packaged bud. And that's not even a big grow to some. It won't be long and our growing rights will be taken away do to greed. Enjoy while you can. View attachment 753880
Sorry for dominating your forum Scott. Rude. You'll figure this shit out. One thing I didn't say though, look for mites. These hookers can be small but they can suck the color out of a newbie with a quickness. Check the back of your leaves with a scope or a bright light and a magnify glass. Just a thought. Keep us updated on your girls, Pease.

Latest posts

Top Bottom