First time grower. Immediately went with RDWC

• Thread starter Fro5ty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fro5ty

Fro5ty

Oh no. I think i got a pest…

I found webs on 2 of my plants. And I see little white dots. The dots don’t look like bugs or eggs tho. I took some pictures. Altho the webs are kind of unclear. My back camera on ly iPhone doesn’t work. So I can only use the selfie camera. It’s a pain in the ass.View attachment 1182018View attachment 1182019View attachment 1182020

I can’t find anything under the leaves. Only on the top side of the leave
Are they flowering??? I swear it looks like 2 of them are getting pistols hairs.

All those plants will be fine in the pictures. All of them have have good new growth, and most of the growth can sustain.

Id also raise the room temps a bit.

Show some top pics of the plants your worried most about. Cause those will be fine. At this point to ease your mind you can even cut off the bad leafs on those pictured. Theres enough new growth to say the grow will be fine. I say clip it so you wont think there are issues. Now if those top new fan leafs were all distorted sure, its still got issues. But you wont be fixing the damage in leafs caused by issues, so instead of looking at it all the time, snip them off. Since they are not dead though, they will still help with growth. I only say removing them to ease your mind lol..
I was thinking the same thing at one point. That those look like pistons. But that’s how I got them. I only have them sinds last Wendsday.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

You net pots may be leaking light.

Screenshot 20211025 103904 Samsung Internet

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Reduce the light intensity.

I missed a lot what are the parameters as of now in the grow?

Fro5ty

Fro5ty

Reduce the light intensity.

I missed a lot what are the parameters as of now in the grow?
pH climbs but slower then before 0,3pH in the past 24h to be exact. EC is steady.
Temperature swings between 24C and 30C. Humidity 40%-%50 (when humidifier is empty) to 80%. But is most of the times 55%-65%.

what are you guys experiences with predatory mites to combat pests? I just ordered some to combat the spint that I believe I’m having.

Fro5ty

Fro5ty

I can't tell... get close ups of the nodes.
So my selfie camera is the only one that works on my phone. I tried to take some decent pics but it always focuses on the background…

A65C68B5 5D9D 4D1B B0D9 2E581F02AC9C
2AEBE650 92C7 4B27 ADDD 965EFF49952C
B1609D1F 7A88 4D6F 92E7 EFD7EA074B15
0C1B8744 41AB 4422 AFBC 8386F95A94CE
488A39C4 C49D 4D21 929E 8376963A140F

It really looks like they begin to flower. It’s a couple of plants.

I had them on 15h15m/8h45m. Now I putted them on 15h45/8h15. But like I said before, my timer is malfunctioning. So the first 2 days of transplant they had 24h of light. Could this be because of the stress.

Will they switch back to grow? I’ve heard of it being done. Even heard about growers doing in multiple times and harvesting frim the same bush 3 times. But I wonder if this will work. I mean, I already gave them too much light hours as it is. Why would they be flowering. I only had them 2 days as clones. Were those 2 days enough to put them in flower?!

on some good news, the roots are begining to come out of the net pots. Pretty much overnight they almost all came true!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What is your opinion about my next solutions EC? Someone above told me to decrease it to 0,3 at this stage. The roots have begun to get true the net pots.
200-300 ppm is the lowest I go in RDWC. That's 0.4-0.6 EC on a 500 scale meter. 300ppm-400ppm should be sufficient for a couple weeks. Then 500-600ppm imo but there is a lot that can affect it.

Have to go by the plants is all.

Fro5ty

Fro5ty

200-300 ppm is the lowest I go in RDWC. That's 0.4-0.6 EC on a 500 scale meter. 300ppm-400ppm should be sufficient for a couple weeks. Then 500-600ppm imo but there is a lot that can affect it.

Have to go by the plants is all.
And do you think that they are glowering?

and if I get then to go back to veg, do they still grow other branches? I’ve heard they only grow in height when flower kicks in.

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

Sounds like your in need of a master grower , size is definitely up there .

Fro5ty

Fro5ty

“size is definitely up there .”
What does that mean?
Will they get new branches when I get them to re-veg or not? Google doesn’t give me an answer, Reddit doesn’t, thcfarmer doesn’t… I’m at the end of my fucking game here…

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

lol, master grower , someone who take care of a commercial grow op.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
As a word of encouragement, albeit the growth is slow, your clones look healthy enough. I think you have a handful of issues going on right now:

1. webs/white dots. Possible spider mite infection. This will completely stop growth on new clones and end a grow. There are many ways to fight them, search will help you find your answers to that. be conservative with your approach to treatment, you have babies here. they can't take adult plant treatment yet.
2. light intensity is too much still. dial those dimmers down.
3. temps seem a little suspect. I'm curious what your nutrient solution temps are more than what ambient room temps are.
4. humidity can be bumped up and maintained higher. this is in a balance with temps.
5. ditch the timer and run the lights 24/0 until you get something more reliable. your lighting schedule is NOT good for this stage of life. Coming from clones, it's very possible they're flowering.

also, just out of curiosity @Fro5ty , what is your native language?

Fro5ty

Fro5ty

As a word of encouragement, albeit the growth is slow, your clones look healthy enough. I think you have a handful of issues going on right now:

1. webs/white dots. Possible spider mite infection. This will completely stop growth on new clones and end a grow. There are many ways to fight them, search will help you find your answers to that. be conservative with your approach to treatment, you have babies here. they can't take adult plant treatment yet.
2. light intensity is too much still. dial those dimmers down.
3. temps seem a little suspect. I'm curious what your nutrient solution temps are more than what ambient room temps are.
4. humidity can be bumped up and maintained higher. this is in a balance with temps.
5. ditch the timer and run the lights 24/0 until you get something more reliable. your lighting schedule is NOT good for this stage of life. Coming from clones, it's very possible they're flowering.

also, just out of curiosity @Fro5ty , what is your native language?
1.I released 1000 predatory mites yesterday. I will order another 2000 over 6 weeks. After that, I hope the problem would be solved. The person that connected me with the person for the clones told me they would be infected with mites and to spray milbeknock and another pesticide. One is for the bugs, the other forcthe eggs. I sprayed them the same day when I got them. Apparently not enough. I really hope the phyto-mites will do their work. As for yesterday. It looked like they were all running circles on my pot, trying to get off and away from the plant. Is it smart to spray them while they are in the system? Those pesticides are strong and I don’t have a good mask. That’s why I probably didn’t do it good enough.

2. 600W lamps are 1m20 from top of plant and a little over 40% since 2 days.

3. my water chiller cools to 18-19C in the day. 21-22 at night.

4. I follow the humidity schedule as best as I can. I’ll post a pic of the schedule when I’m done with work.

5. I can’t run them 24h/day because then I would need my air outtake run 24h/day. Which lakes to much noise for my neighbor.

Dutch

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

And do you think that they are glowering?

and if I get then to go back to veg, do they still grow other branches? I’ve heard they only grow in height when flower kicks in.
Of you can get a proper picture I can tell you. But I can't guess from those

Fro5ty

Fro5ty

Of you can get a proper picture I can tell you. But I can't guess from those
I have been reading on the internet the last couple of hours. I’m 100% sure that it’s just pre-flowers. I should be fine. Only one single flower is developing. The rest of the plants are simply having very early pre-flowers. They will only start making buds when I put them on 12/12.

I also read that bending them and a hard pruning can get them back to veg for a while.

Fro5ty

Fro5ty

So I’m going to start LST and topping today and tomorrow. The girls are having a grow spurt!

What are your guys thoughts about the time between topping/fimming and LST? Should I top and immediately start LST, or leave some time so the plant can recover first?

I’m planning to bend them 4 times. In 4 different directions, going clockwise/counter lockwise. It’s supposed to give maximum colas that way.

Has anyone tried to “chiropractic” their plants before? Is it worth it? I’ll add a video so everybody knows what I’m talking about.

also, has anyone ever had any experience with predatory mites or lady bugs to combat a pest?

I’ll ad some new photos later.

Top Bottom