First Time Grower In Need Of Reassurance!

• Thread starter Yehti
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

How are yields with that strain? I've heard a lot of purp bud has pretty low yield and long flowering time, not sure if this is true or not.. I've just been looking at some GDP seeds which have caught my interest, though I'm not sure an unexperienced grower like myself would be able to grow it to its full potential...
Give me 4 months and I will tell you lol.. first grow with them..

Yehti

Yehti

Give me 4 months and I will tell you lol.. first grow with them..

I assumed you meant for me to buy some seeds of that strain, my mistake! Looking good though, man! Can't wait to see what they look like in late flower

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I assumed you meant for me to buy some seeds of that strain, my mistake! Looking good though, man! Can't wait to see what they look like in late flower
They do have them here at thcbay... it's where I got them...

Z

Zombie seed

Hello all!

I guess I should start with the basics,
I'm running a 300W LED GrowStar light, no ventilation yet apart from a deskfan to move the air around. Only the one plant, came from a bag I purchased and decided to germinate. This was my first attempt at trying anything like this in my life in all honesty, but I am enjoying it every step of the way so far! The first few weeks were slow and tough, everything went wrong from overwatering to underwatering, nutrient burn then lockout... It was hard to say the least. After a while I got the hang of it and have been learning through the process, whether it be by research, reading things online from other grows or simple trial and error. I'm now 3 weeks into flowering as of today, and I must say I'm very happy, my worrying and sleepless nights are finally showing off in the form of glittering bud sites, covered with hazy white pistils. I'm using Canna Coco A+B, 4.5ml's of each into 1lt of tap water, then PH'd to 6.2 and never wanders. I'm thinking of buying some Bloombastic next week and adding that into the mix, though I don't know if it will have the same effect considering it should of really been added in this week for maximum benefit, or so I've heard through others. Some of you who have used Canna C-A+B before may be confused as to why I am using .5ml's more than the bottles recommend. It's because the stems started growing in a bright redish purple colour and the last time that happened it turned out I was undernuting it by a fair amount. I tried 5ml's of each to 1lt of water but the lass wasn't all to keen on it and decided to droop/get brighter stems and generally looked sad... I gave her a quick flush and left her for the night until my timer turned on. I noticed a small improvement the next morning but she was still a little droopy. This time I made up a batch of feed with 4.5ml's each, PH'd it to 6.2 exactly as always and within 35 minutes she was perking up again and losing the purple in the stems. I have no idea what this issue was, but I somehow fixed it and hope it won't happen again!
I've also been defoliating every so often when she gets a bit out of control seeing as 300W is on the small scale of growing lights and she is only in a fairly small 3ftx2ftx5ft homemade tent, the light can end up getting blocked out from the canopy a lot of the time. So far nothing I have cut off has stressed or harmed her in anyway, if anything I always see a huge boost of growth a day or two after clipping a few leaves off to expose bud sites and allow more like penetration.

Anyway, enough of my babbling. I will include some photos below, two of which will be a before and after defoliation comparison, I would appreciate any feedback or advice on. I'm overall just looking for some reassurance that I'm on the right track to producing some great buds from some more experienced folk.

Cheers!! :)
I would say your doing great so far but I would highly recommend a SCROG (SCREEN OF GREEN)

Yout start with your basic LST bending and tying and of course topping to get at least 4-8 main stalks.

Main lining works brilliantly. (Top plant just above 3rd node and remove every thing below the 3rd. LST branches horizontal then top each side repeat LST horizontal. Then top each of thoes and repeat LST. Your plant should be around a foot tall. Then you put a scrog net over her. Go to hardware store and get 4 corner T pvc 3/4 inch, an 8 foot section of 3/4 inch to cut into the size that fills your tent then an 8 foot section of 1/2 pvc. And one roll of Gardner string (usually thick and green) with a hacksaw cut the 3/4 inch pvc into two 2 foot pieces and two 3 foot pieces and connect the corner T pieces so you have a nice rectangle. Then cut the 1/2 inch pvc for legs that will put the top right at the highest point of your plant. Around 2 feet depending on pot height.

Now with a tape measure and sharpie make marks every 2 inches on the sides of the 2x3 rectangle. Then drill holes 2 times the diameter of the string at each mark on all 4 sides. Then string all one direction so you have parallel lines. Then string the other side under over weaving so you have a nice 2"X 2" grid pattern thats woven and strong.

As your plant grows threw the scrog just tuck it under. When you do it will cause a new bud site to grow up where the other end you bent had been. Do this to all branches for the rest of veg cycle.

When you go 12/12 in flower keep Scroging for the 1 1/2 weeks stretch trying to fill the entire screen. When the flower starto to show then let her grow up. Your entire canopy will be within 5 inches of each other so your buds will all get the same amount of energy. Twice the yield and better quality is the result.

Last edited:
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I have noticed much more red in my fan leave stems in my quantum board tents. Never seen such brilliance. I also have noted that it is brighter and more consistent in the stems that get more light. The relationship seems obvious to me examining my plants and comparing the same strain grown outside and under my previously.

S

Suzi Mcd

Hello all!

I guess I should start with the basics,
I'm running a 300W LED GrowStar light, no ventilation yet apart from a deskfan to move the air around. Only the one plant, came from a bag I purchased and decided to germinate. This was my first attempt at trying anything like this in my life in all honesty, but I am enjoying it every step of the way so far! The first few weeks were slow and tough, everything went wrong from overwatering to underwatering, nutrient burn then lockout... It was hard to say the least. After a while I got the hang of it and have been learning through the process, whether it be by research, reading things online from other grows or simple trial and error. I'm now 3 weeks into flowering as of today, and I must say I'm very happy, my worrying and sleepless nights are finally showing off in the form of glittering bud sites, covered with hazy white pistils. I'm using Canna Coco A+B, 4.5ml's of each into 1lt of tap water, then PH'd to 6.2 and never wanders. I'm thinking of buying some Bloombastic next week and adding that into the mix, though I don't know if it will have the same effect considering it should of really been added in this week for maximum benefit, or so I've heard through others. Some of you who have used Canna C-A+B before may be confused as to why I am using .5ml's more than the bottles recommend. It's because the stems started growing in a bright redish purple colour and the last time that happened it turned out I was undernuting it by a fair amount. I tried 5ml's of each to 1lt of water but the lass wasn't all to keen on it and decided to droop/get brighter stems and generally looked sad... I gave her a quick flush and left her for the night until my timer turned on. I noticed a small improvement the next morning but she was still a little droopy. This time I made up a batch of feed with 4.5ml's each, PH'd it to 6.2 exactly as always and within 35 minutes she was perking up again and losing the purple in the stems. I have no idea what this issue was, but I somehow fixed it and hope it won't happen again!
I've also been defoliating every so often when she gets a bit out of control seeing as 300W is on the small scale of growing lights and she is only in a fairly small 3ftx2ftx5ft homemade tent, the light can end up getting blocked out from the canopy a lot of the time. So far nothing I have cut off has stressed or harmed her in anyway, if anything I always see a huge boost of growth a day or two after clipping a few leaves off to expose bud sites and allow more like penetration.

Anyway, enough of my babbling. I will include some photos below, two of which will be a before and after defoliation comparison, I would appreciate any feedback or advice on. I'm overall just looking for some reassurance that I'm on the right track to producing some great buds from some more experienced folk.

Cheers!! :)
what led grow light are you using

Top Bottom