First time grower - Leaves browning and getting brittle

• Thread starter Lastwish
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lastwish

Lastwish

Whats happening to my plant? Two to three days ago I noticed some browning on a few leaves. Today it seems to be spreading. Leaves look blotchy then brown and get crispy/burnt. I just topped with some fresh soil since it looked like the dirt was washing out. Aside from that I can thing of anything else thats changed. Any ideas what going on?

First time grower   leaves browning and getting brittle
First time grower   leaves browning and getting brittle 2
First time grower   leaves browning and getting brittle 3
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

for me
it'd take a ph reading
alot more reading
a ppm/ec meter reading
and
alot more reading

do u know the strain
some of the intimidating farmbikergang
may know its rhythm n have great advice for how much the particular strain prefers

depends how far down the wabbit hole ur willing to go
i know it's not the best time for many folks to b spending on pot n this shit is a matter of... green
hole, worse than a boat
................................runh
................................etoo
................................a.tu
................................k.hs
...................................ea
...................................rn
....................................d,
but u could use a ph pen and tds/ec meter cause we could use those figures to help out. i believe i
c multiple issues, leading me to think: fryin, high N and possibly a ph problem, adding to your stress

miracle grow?
if not, what, specifically, have u used for your medium/soil and ummm... tap water? tap, may make it more difficult for u. I'm struggling with it, myself.

we'll getcha straightened out.
probably gonna cost, one way, or another.

take the black Friday pill... not the green/red one!

Lastwish

Lastwish

for me
it'd take a ph reading
alot more reading
a ppm/ec meter reading
and
alot more reading

do u know the strain
some of the intimidating farmbikergang
may know its rhythm n have great advice for how much the particular strain prefers

depends how far down the wabbit hole ur willing to go
i know it's not the best time for many folks to b spending on pot n this shit is a matter of... green
hole, worse than a boat
................................runh
................................etoo
................................a.tu
................................k.hs
...................................ea
...................................rn
....................................d,
but u could use a ph pen and tds/ec meter cause we could use those figures to help out. i believe i
c multiple issues, leading me to think: fryin, high N and possibly a ph problem, adding to your stress

miracle grow?
if not, what, specifically, have u used for your medium/soil and ummm... tap water? tap, may make it more difficult for u. I'm struggling with it, myself.

we'll getcha straightened out.
probably gonna cost, one way, or another.

take the black Friday pill... not the green/red one!

I've got the plants in FoxFarm Ocean Forest Potting Soil with supersoil autoflower concentrate (https://www.natureslivingsoil.com/autoflower-concentrate).

Not dosing any nutes.

I've been using tap water, TDS meter reads 155-165ppm. Comes out with high PH so I bring it down to 6. The soil test high with the cheap soil tester probe things, and the runoff test around 6 or maybe 6.5+ but its hard to tell with the cloudy ness of the runoff. Should I be testing with a PH probe instead of the reagent test that comes with the PH up and down additives?

I did top the soil with the amended soil so there very well could be more nitrates in it that I want. Unless I accidentally grabbed the miracle grow potting mix I use in the yard, in which case There was really only a couple pints of soil added.

This does look like nutrient burn, doesn't it?!? I don't have any soil nutrient testers so I can't tell. Is there a product you recommend for

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I've got the plants in FoxFarm Ocean Forest Potting Soil with supersoil autoflower concentrate (https://www.natureslivingsoil.com/autoflower-concentrate).

Not dosing any nutes.

I've been using tap water, TDS meter reads 155-165ppm. Comes out with high PH so I bring it down to 6. The soil test high with the cheap soil tester probe things, and the runoff test around 6 or maybe 6.5+ but its hard to tell with the cloudy ness of the runoff. Should I be testing with a PH probe instead of the reagent test that comes with the PH up and down additives?

I did top the soil with the amended soil so there very well could be more nitrates in it that I want. Unless I accidentally grabbed the miracle grow potting mix I use in the yard, in which case There was really only a couple pints of soil added.

This does look like nutrient burn, doesn't it?!? I don't have any soil nutrient testers so I can't tell. Is there a product you recommend for
Not nutrient burn it's a lockout, either calcium or potassium

6.0 pH is too low, only bring it down to 6.5 as mr. spare change recommended above

you might even consider flushing to reset the soil, I would if it was my plant at this point

I wouldn't add anything to Fresh foxfarm soil for 1 and 1/2 - 2 months even though that product you put the link to recommends it

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

beach knows ur medium and hiz shyt
sounds like ya done more reading than ur title n humility 😁, lead me to believe

ur reagent will do, just not as reliable... but it'll do... but it is a logarithmic unit of measurement do know this, when u hear yourself say...
-self saying
hmm... could b yeller... could b a lil green... or is that orange...

my eyes r goin so... that's how it'd b, but i can read digital, a bit, even still

and absolutely stock it, because electronic shyt n everything else, eventually breaks.

as to the miracle grow

you've obviously read enough to know
i was teasing, but a real nub wouldn't catch it to b offended

n the idea was to make mr beachchair, smile... whoever turned up, first.

obviously, avoid oopsing miracle grow
into a pot pot

hey, get a pic of the container ur growin in, for mr beach- he may have some great insite, as to it and root care, as well

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

Not dosing any nutes.

and nut burn varies as to appearance
did u
lemme look at the tips

beach has best idea as to whether
ur medium/s, could inherently b hot
i note my tips, show soonest, in fry mode
and ph tends to b indicative of
multiple issues
high N which i feel, fries most reliably n soonest
tends to hit tips, dark green n waxy... which reflects and the angle of ur lighting n the pic... is reflective n may not actually b waxy, at all... and beach knows better

i forget everything

I'm trying

but this stuff exacerbates problems i have.

so I'm out

sorry

mornin, fellas

and often, i honestly just don't know
and that freaks me, in equal measure 😁

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

yup

to me, it looks both

deficient and surplused

i think beach said flush

if it were in my tent