First time grower looking for some advice

• Thread starter Idontknow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Idontknow

Idontknow

Hey what's up everyone. For starters this is my first grow. Bedroom grow. (Kinda embarrassing) Actually its very embarrassing. But it is what it is, I need advice so. I actually took over these 2 ladies because original grower got lazy cause she didnt wanna spend the time researching/Learning the actual science and precision it takes to know how to listen to your plants. ANYWAY! I don't know the strain of either but I know one is Indica dominant, and the other is definitely Sativa dominant. They have been thru hell I've had to do a couple of crutch jobs to save "Sativa". Indica has been fairly lucky in avoiding tragedy.
I'm rrunning"1000W" LED FULL SPECTRUM . Keep in mind this is a cheap bedroom grow so if nobody wants to waste the time on it that's ok, I get it. I wish I could afford everything at once. But I'll slowly build my way up. I did have the money to purchase some Fox Farm GROW BIG 6-4-4. Unfortunately, I wasnt able to get it until the last 3 weeks of veg. So I'm not sure how much it helped but it did. They have been on 12-12 for 6 days and I'm only seeing a small change. Being that I'm just beginning I have no real setup. So humidity is hardly controlled. Granted I am doing my best. I have a temp/humidity reader so I'm constantly changing things up to keep them happy. The is so much to tell bout them but I feel like I'm typing to much.
Anyhow, if anyone has any old tricks or ideas please share. I'm working with little but I need help getting to thenext level.
THANKS EVERYONE! HAPPY GROWING.
#CREATINGAPASSION #CHALLENGEEXCEPTED
First time grower looking for some advice 2
First time grower looking for some advice 3
First time grower looking for some advice 4

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
The setup you describe will do what it needs to do, yeilds may not be epic but hey smoke is smoke . I’d say keep at it . Plants looks little scronny but I think it will be ok. Start the feed. I’d feed the Sativa dom veg feed along with flower into week 4 to ensure she finishes.

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

Hey mate I have cheap lights too maybe try lowering it down might get you some thicker buds but not enough to cause heat stress. Leds can be put pretty close to the plant and that will make the cheap light more effective. That’s how I optimized mine. Don’t be embarrassed man everyone starts somewhere bud is bud

D53A1D86 482C 49C1 A4A6 15138F746646
0857DFE5 9D5A 464C A3BF 990EE4A4B48C
Idontknow

Idontknow

The setup you describe will do what it needs to do, yeilds may not be epic but hey smoke is smoke . I’d say keep at it . Plants looks little scronny but I think it will be ok. Start the feed. I’d feed the Sativa dom veg feed along with flower into week 4 to ensure she finishes.
Thanks, I'll definitely try that. Under my circumstances it would be normal for them both to grow extra slow right? It just seems that every other grow I see is much bigger.

teejacks

teejacks

i started out my girls inside this year under similar conditions you are describing. kept my 400W led light under 20 inches from tops of plants and it seemed to work out ok just a little slow. cant tell what you really have but bigger pots = bigger roots = bigger plant

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Hey what's up everyone. For starters this is my first grow. Bedroom grow. (Kinda embarrassing) Actually its very embarrassing. But it is what it is, I need advice so. I actually took over these 2 ladies because original grower got lazy cause she didnt wanna spend the time researching/Learning the actual science and precision it takes to know how to listen to your plants. ANYWAY! I don't know the strain of either but I know one is Indica dominant, and the other is definitely Sativa dominant. They have been thru hell I've had to do a couple of crutch jobs to save "Sativa". Indica has been fairly lucky in avoiding tragedy.
I'm rrunning"1000W" LED FULL SPECTRUM . Keep in mind this is a cheap bedroom grow so if nobody wants to waste the time on it that's ok, I get it. I wish I could afford everything at once. But I'll slowly build my way up. I did have the money to purchase some Fox Farm GROW BIG 6-4-4. Unfortunately, I wasnt able to get it until the last 3 weeks of veg. So I'm not sure how much it helped but it did. They have been on 12-12 for 6 days and I'm only seeing a small change. Being that I'm just beginning I have no real setup. So humidity is hardly controlled. Granted I am doing my best. I have a temp/humidity reader so I'm constantly changing things up to keep them happy. The is so much to tell bout them but I feel like I'm typing to much.
Anyhow, if anyone has any old tricks or ideas please share. I'm working with little but I need help getting to thenext level.
View attachment 885338View attachment 885338View attachment 885339View attachment 885340View attachment 885341
Bigger pots. Otherwise doin' well.

m8ty

m8ty

They are over watered because of the huge pot, the soil never gets a dry cycle and the plants grow bean stalk with no side branching and slow to a crawl.

Also stop over feeding so you don't burn your roots and that LED light has to be kept far away from the tiny over water over fed plant or you will kill it with too much light.

Next time start them out in smaller pots like Solo cups, then transplant to a 1 gallon pot, then a 3 gallon and finally transplant into 5 gallon buckets when the plants are big and ready for the flower cycle.

With Ocean Forrest soil you don't need Nutes for a long time, it takes a long time for the plant to fill the buckets with roots and for the plant to eat all the nutrients already present in the soil.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

FWIW: they look good for the equipment you had to work with. With going to flower in a small plant I probably would not have lollipoped. Your light should be about 18-24" above the plant in flower and I would start at 24" and work it closer and inch every few days. Pay attention for signs of light burn after each time lowering.

Now that you have nutes be careful not to over feed. Start with maybe 1/4 strength. There is a tiny bit of tip burn but nothing bad at all. Watch the leaves over all light lime green will mean they are hungry and dark green means you are over feeding. I would say a nice grass green is what you want. New growth will always be lighter green at first and they have a nice color to them right now not over fed and not hungry.

All in all they look good 👍

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Tip #1: Dial in your environment. Air flow and air exchange are important. Keep temps and humidity dialed in the best you can. A good VPD monitor will help. Or you can use the free VPD charts. Under LEDs mid 80s are ideal and humidity in the 60% range. A VPD of 1.0-1.5 is ideal.

Tip #2: Know your growing medium. A slurry test if your growing medium is great info to have. You can measure the ph and ppm of your medium using slurry tests. You need a ph and ppm meter to do this effectively of course.

Tip #3: Know your input water. Knowing the ph and ppm of your water is essential. A water filter might be necessary to get optimal results. Rain water is often 0-1ppm.

Tip #4: Know your genetics. Knowing how a plant reacts to various conditions and feedings will help you get to the next level. Not knowing will cause less than ideal results.

Tip #5: Know your nutrients. Not all nutrients are created equal. Find one that suits your situation and learn it the best you can. Don’t buy every bottle that others suggest just because they claim it gives better results. Start simple and work from there. It never hurts to go back to square one if things start to get out of control. Keep it simple.

Tip #6: Know when to harvest. Chopping early can doom any grow. If you need some cannabis and can’t wait then snip a few lower buds and use those. Let the rest of the plant finish. Usually when you think it’s ready it needs another week or two. Patience is rewarded exponentially.

Tip #7: Don’t make drastic changes. Nothing in nature happens overnight. Don’t expect to fix problems overnight. Allow the plant to adjust to the changes gradually. Never panic. Sometimes it helps to take a step back, smoke a bowl and analyze the situation and come up with a game plan. Then execute that game plan.

Don’t be embarrassed. You already know more than 90% of the cannabis consumers out there. Kudos.

Last edited:
Idontknow

Idontknow

Tip #1: Dial in your environment. Air flow and air exchange are important. Keep temps and humidity dialed in the best you can. A good VPD monitor will help. Or you can use the free VPD charts. Under LEDs mid 80s are ideal and humidity in the 60% range. A VPD of 1.0-1.5 is ideal.

Tip #2: Know your growing medium. A slurry test if your growing medium is great info to have. You can measure the ph and ppm of your medium using slurry tests. You need a ph and ppm meter to do this effectively of course.

Tip #3: Know your input water. Knowing the ph and ppm of your water is essential. A water filter might be necessary to get optimal results. Rain water is often 0-1ppm.

Tip #4: Know your genetics. Knowing how a plant reacts to various conditions and feedings will help you get to the next level. Not knowing will cause less than ideal results.

Tip #5: Know your nutrients. Not all nutrients are created equal. Find one that suits your situation and learn it the best you can. Don’t buy every bottle that others suggest just because they claim it gives better results. Start simple and work from there. It never hurts to go back to square one if things start to get out of control. Keep it simple.

Tip #6: Know when to harvest. Chopping early can doom any grow. If you need some cannabis and can’t wait then snip a few lower buds and use those. Let the rest of the plant finish. Usually when you think it’s ready it needs another week or two. Patience is rewarded exponentially.

Tip #7: Don’t make drastic changes. Nothing in nature happens overnight. Don’t expect to fix problems overnight. Allow the plant to adjust to the changes gradually. Never panic. Sometimes it helps to take a step back, smoke a bowl and analyze the situation and come up with a game plan. Then execute that game plan.

Don’t be embarrassed. You already know more than 90% of the cannabis consumers out there. Kudos.
Hey I appreciate the info and advice. I actually did start them very slow with Fox Farm notes. It took them till the second week of feeding to see them react. That's one thing I have learned. Is anytime your adding or changing anything. Just line anything else you have to take gradual steps. I'm learning that they will let me know more then most ppl realize. Just have to really observe them. Anyway again thank you I'll keep posting posting updates as they grow.

Idontknow

Idontknow

View attachment 885338View attachment 885338View attachment 885339View attachment 885340View attachment 885341
Hey guys, got my 3in1 tester today. Which is cool n all but these pictures speak for themselves. Granted I did flush them out 4 days ago. They are both still pretty moist. I had an issue with one of the pots draining tho?. I have plenty of nice size holes in the bottom and some on the side toward the bottom. Since its been 4 days should I worry? They don't seem very unhappy right now but I've came to figure out that in 1 blink things can change. Hit me with some ideas on how to dry them out faster?. I have a fan blowing directly on the soil without disturbing her to much.

20190806 215728
Received 886571831712091
Received 663585287456977
Top Bottom