first time grower, need help

• Thread starter mikkel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikkel

mikkel

so im on week 4, and i havent added nutrients yet, since the soil i used was rich.
but im gonna replant it in some new soil (biobizz all mix) next week.
my question is, do i just leave it with the soil, or do i need to add more nutrients to it, or can i wait another 3-4 weeks before adding liquid nutrients?
and do i need to add nutrients every time i water?

mikkel

mikkel

just leave it, you may get a bit of yellowing as it transitions and the food becomes available..
why replanting?
pictures?
i mean transplant, my bad
i just need to transplant it into a bigger pot, and i bought some new soil with NPK nutrients, so i was wondering if i still need to add nutrients after that or if i can wait

mikkel

mikkel

just leave it, you may get a bit of yellowing as it transitions and the food becomes available..
why replanting?
pictures?
F8A9494E 2DF3 4506 9435 EBF4C985F74C

mikkel

mikkel

ok, hoping you got all the pot in the pic but it’s fine,
how often do you need to water now?
you can/should leave it for another week and transplant when it needs a watering so when you do the transplant you water right after..
what are you transplanting into/size? is there air holes?
Im transplanting into one of these. I have a 40x40 tent, and i have 2 plants, Im not sure if i can fit two 17 liters in there. So i bought two 11 liters and two 17 liters, just in case there wasnt enough space. I water every 3 days, or When i see the top of the soil is dry. I also bought biobizz liquid nutrients, But i dont really know what to do with it, since the soil i bought also have nutrients

C4AB67E9 80B7 44BD A19D 5A539EA09B80
rDWCNoob

rDWCNoob

nice work, looking good. Better than most first time soil growers I've seen. I'm not a soil grower myself, so I can't really give advice on when to transplant, but I don't think a plant that size is likely to get root bound in that pot just yet. But still, grain of salt, I'm a hydro grower so for me it's clone to harvest in either a 4x4 or 6x6 cube.

mikkel

mikkel

T
nice work, looking good. Better than most first time soil growers I've seen. I'm not a soil grower myself, so I can't really give advice on when to transplant, but I don't think a plant that size is likely to get root bound in that pot just yet. But still, grain of salt, I'm a hydro grower so for me it's clone to harvest in either a 4x4 or 6x6 cube.
Thank you man! been trying to take good care of her

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Im transplanting into one of these. I have a 40x40 tent, and i have 2 plants, Im not sure if i can fit two 17 liters in there. So i bought two 11 liters and two 17 liters, just in case there wasnt enough space. I water every 3 days, or When i see the top of the soil is dry. I also bought biobizz liquid nutrients, But i dont really know what to do with it, since the soil i bought also have nutrients
ok all good, once your in a bag that generally becomes the final pot..
at least wait 7-10 days before transplanting and when you fill that bag and pat down before gently putting plant in than fill up around sides and try your best to fill it down the sides, you’ll be surprised how much medium you can get in there and in the end it’s better for the plant..
in the case of nutrients, well what are you using for a medium to transplant into?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

If you transplant into an organic soil with nutrients, you generally don't need to add any for several weeks, but it depends on the soil. FFOF and Roots Formula 707 only seem to have a couple of weeks worth of nutrients. Coast of Maine platinum blend has about 3-4 weeks, Roots Lush has about 4-5 weeks. This is all from recent experience for soil I can get in my area.

If the soil is fortified with non-organic nutrients, you'll have to see what they recommend on the bag.

BTW, I agree with everyone here that your plant does not look like it's ready for transplanting. You don't want it root bound, but you do want enough roots to hold the soil together when you remove the old pot. That plant doesn't look like it is at that stage.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

For me the best transplant method is to fill the pot you are planting up the level where the pot your plant is in can sit on top of the soil and the soil line of the pot is where you want the transplanted plant to be at. Side fill with the potted plant still in the new pot and lightly compact the soil all around to remove any air spaces in the soil both from the sidefill and the soil below the pot. Once you have it filled and compacted remove the pot from the pot to be transplanted into. Remove the plant from the original pot by tipping the plant upside down holding the top of the soil in your hand and letting the soil and plant slip out of your original pot. Try not to force it out but if you have to be gentle so that the soil doesn't break up. A few traps on the bottom of the pot sometimes help coax out the plant and soil. Once it's out gently place it in the hole and backfill any space you have left and compress, again, so that there are no air pockets in the soil. I've found this to be an easier and cleaner method than sidefilling with the bare plant and soil sitting there waiting to fall apart on you!!! 🤓

As GNick mentioned do this after you've let your plants dry back so that the soil is compacted and will hold together better and not break up when you are removing it from the pot. When the soil is dry it will shrink a little and will be easier to slide out of the pot.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
For me the best transplant method is to fill the pot you are planting up the level where the pot your plant is in can sit on top of the soil and the soil line of the pot is where you want the transplanted plant to be at. Side fill with the potted plant still in the new pot and lightly compact the soil all around to remove any air spaces in the soil both from the sidefill and the soil below the pot. Once you have it filled and compacted remove the pot from the pot to be transplanted into. Remove the plant from the original pot by tipping the plant upside down holding the top of the soil in your hand and letting the soil and plant slip out of your original pot. Try not to force it out but if you have to be gentle so that the soil doesn't break up. A few traps on the bottom of the pot sometimes help coax out the plant and soil. Once it's out gently place it in the hole and backfill any space you have left and compress, again, so that there are no air pockets in the soil. I've found this to be an easier and cleaner method than sidefilling with the bare plant and soil sitting there waiting to fall apart on you!!! 🤓

As GNick mentioned do this after you've let your plants dry back so that the soil is compacted and will hold together better and not break up when you are removing it from the pot. When the soil is dry it will shrink a little and will be easier to slide out of the pot.
there you go that was pretty nicely detailed..

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

there you go that was pretty nicely detailed..
☺️

I've repotted literally hundreds of plants. I'm the greatest repotter that ever lived!!!💪

Tell ya what? Let's have a potting competition and see who can pot the most in the shortest amount of time?!?😉😛😂

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
☺️

I've repotted literally hundreds of plants. I'm the greatest repotter that ever lived!!!💪

Tell ya what? Let's have a potting competition and see who can pot the most in the shortest amount of time?!?😉😛😂
oh you don’t want to go against me in anything i’ll smoke your ass😘😂😂

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

oh you don’t want to go against me in anything i’ll smoke your ass😘😂😂
HA! I'm like an old gunslinger from the West but my weapons are soil and pots!!! I'm the greatest!!

If you want to see I'll teach someone else how to pot and then you'll be able to experience my greatness!!! 😂

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
HA! I'm like an old gunslinger from the West but my weapons are soil and pots!!! I'm the greatest!!

If you want to see I'll teach someone else how to pot and then you'll be able to experience my greatness!!! 😂
oh i know your good, i love your grows and set up

Top Bottom