first time grower, need help

• Thread starter mikkel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
XxTheWolfxX

XxTheWolfxX

*The general rule with a nice enriched bagged soil like fox farm ocean forest of roots organic etc is to not add any extra fertilizer for the first 4 weeks.

*Do not over water. Cannabis prefers wet/dry cycles. The frequency of watering will depend on a lot of factors, but one sure way is to dip your fingers into the first 2 inches of the soil. Do you feel moisture? Then dont water yet. Does it feel dry? Then water enough to have runoff at the bottom of the pot.

*Keep it simple if this is your first grow, go with fox farm grow big /tiger bloom liquid nutrients..They are 85% organic and 15% chemical. That way with each watering the plants won't have to wait for "available" nutrients. Another great product is Recharge. If you follow the directions on how much to mix per gallon, and you water them every watering with fox farm and recharge you won't over fertilize your plants, also only use recharge during veg and maybe the first few weeks of flower.

I tell you this because it is a fail safe way to have a great first grow. Are there better, more complicated ways, of course. But your just learning and the way I told you is a pretty good way.
Take from it what you will.

*The 3 rookie mistakes are over watering, over fertilizing, and picking too early.

XxTheWolfxX

XxTheWolfxX

*The general rule with a nice enriched bagged soil like fox farm ocean forest of roots organic etc is to not add any extra fertilizer for the first 4 weeks.

*Do not over water. Cannabis prefers wet/dry cycles. The frequency of watering will depend on a lot of factors, but one sure way is to dip your fingers into the first 2 inches of the soil. Do you feel moisture? Then dont water yet. Does it feel dry? Then water enough to have runoff at the bottom of the pot.

*Keep it simple if this is your first grow, go with fox farm grow big /tiger bloom liquid nutrients..They are 85% organic and 15% chemical. That way with each watering the plants won't have to wait for "available" nutrients. Another great product is Recharge. If you follow the directions on how much to mix per gallon, and you water them every watering with fox farm and recharge you won't over fertilize your plants, also only use recharge during veg and maybe the first few weeks of flower.

I tell you this because it is a fail safe way to have a great first grow. Are there better, more complicated ways, of course. But your just learning and the way I told you is a pretty good way.
Take from it what you will.

*The 3 rookie mistakes are over watering, over fertilizing, and picking too early.
I will just add that starting plants in the red solo cups until they are 6" or so is a easy fail safe way to go with watering. Then transplanting to a 1 or 2 gallon pot and then maybe when they are 2 1/2-3 ft transplant to a 4 or 5 up to 10 gallon pot depending on how big you plan on growing them inside. It just makes watering easier, when they are smaller , they don't drink a lot and the soil will stay wet for too long. A gental fan blowing on the seedlings and over the soil will help dry the soil out as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom